Closed Thread
Page 59 of 624 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869109159559 ... LastLast

Thread: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

I've felt bad for the way you Ed fans have been treated. While I'm not an Ed fan myself, meaning I wouldn't pick him myself, if Jilli picks him I really hope that they are happy and it works out for them. I've had a giggle at some of his clothes and took a second look at some of the g/f gate rumors and will be interested to know if any of it pans out, he might be a bad guy, he might not be, he's not perfect, but who is? - but, I'm certainly not going to be ugly to anyone about it, especially his fans. I am really sorry for some of the things others have said that have been personal against you for being fans of Ed.

Really and truly, I'll feel bad for the guys who loose and i'll be happy for the guy who wins and I'll be happy for Jilli - no matter who the guy is

Peace, Love & Jilli Beans!

FORT Newbie

I'd pick Reid, but I'm not Jill. Ed was my favorite, and leaving the show, showed he's responsible, agreed with him 100%. He works and plays/parties hard, its called human. BUT the last 5 minutes are to be surprise, the only thing that would surprise/shock me is if Wes comes back. Just want to say even though I'm for Reid, Ed and Kipton are great also.

Reid's unable to commit, doesn't communicate his feelings for her, at her, his indecisiveness.......that was why he was sent home. Nothing worse than an indecisive person, man or woman. Reid is a very nice man.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by albean99;3617294;
    I love reading the different points of view. Great post, Cantbelieveicar. Jillian said something in an interview a while ago that makes me think you may have something. She said that she's found in the past few months that guys like to do things like open doors and jars for you and maybe she's been a bit too independent in the past. I have my own "Ed" and the great thing is that he's there for me but we can each lean on each other at times.

I'm trying to get some things done since it's my day off but this show keeps creeping into my mind. Can't wait!
    She also said at one point that her mom is the dominant one in her family and she doesn't want it to be that way in her future family. I can COMPLETELY relate to that as well. That is also why I feel the way I do about this pick.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndyLuvsTessa;3617297;
    I love the "Persecuted-Fan complex" comment. With all the Ed hate over in the sleuthing threads, it was difficult to post anything positive about him and Jillian without a bunch of negative backlash. It's no fun to continually have people harshing your buzz at every turn, ya know?

I wanted to give a shout out to cantstopwatchin for holding her/his own over there. You did great and totally represented, CSW!!
    Thanks but I have to say that I was only able to post knowing that there was a soft place to land here in this thread. I probably would've stayed away from the spoiler section this last week but my camel's back got broken and I couldn't keep my mouth shut any longer.

I was going to write something too long and wordy about all the nastiness this season but I decided to just keep it short and simple -- if you find yourself taking things personally, then walk away and take a break from the board. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, whether we think they're right or wrong. You can't be responsible for the nastiness other's post but stooping to their level never helps anything. This season we Ed fans have experienced something I haven't seen on the board since I've been here and I think we all did a stand-up job posting our thoughts and feelings without getting caught up in it all!!!

Anyways... I have to second (or is it third?) the comments about the handholding and constantly touching. That was one of the things that really stood out to me with Jillian and Ed. I've got my own Ed (he's even a tall, dark-haired, blue-eyed, computer geeky, fraternity boy-LOL!) and when we first started dating, we used to measure our hands up against each other or hold hands all the time. So perhaps my opinions towards Ed & Jillian were just a little skewed. But knowing how I feel about MY Ed, how could Jillian not be feeling the same way?? There was just nothing like that with any of the other guys. I think lightening struck and she never looked back. And thankfully, Ed realized what a mistake he made, and came back for her.

Jillian has had a fantastic season. From what we've seen, any of her F3 guys would've been a fine choice. But in the end, she had to choose the one who's right for her. I can't wait to see how it all plays out tonight. I got some beers in honor of Jill and despite telling myself not to, have been clock watching these last few hours.

One last thing --I've felt privileged to have shared this season with all of you!! Cheers!!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3617534;
    Reid's unable to commit, doesn't communicate his feelings for her, at her, his indecisiveness.......that was why he was sent home. Nothing worse than an indecisive person, man or woman. Reid is a very nice man.
    Hmm....I am not sure if I believe that either. That is how he was portrayed in the show but certainly may not be the real Reid. The bottom line is Jillian did not pick him because she is NOT in love with him but with Ed.

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3617696;
    I was going to write something too long and wordy about all the nastiness this season but I decided to just keep it short and simple -- if you find yourself taking things personally, then walk away and take a break from the board. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, whether we think they're right or wrong. You can't be responsible for the nastiness other's post but stooping to their level never helps anything. This season we Ed fans have experienced something I haven't seen on the board since I've been here and I think we all did a stand-up job posting our thoughts and feelings without getting caught up in it all!!!
    Can't wait for tonight because I think this will be an amazing episode.

I've been argumentative quite a bit this season, but I can't believe how many times I've hit REPLY and thought better of it. People are lashing out in anger and it's so frustrating but it will pass quickly. Internet rumors suck but in the end, they rarely effect real life. Something tells me that Ed is probably pretty internet savvy so I doubt he's letting it get him down. He did get the girl, after all. It's the best revenge!

I hope they make it, but if they don't, I really really enjoyed watching their love story.

Glad to see all you Ed supporters now posting on the board. It's been scary at FORT but remember love will prevail!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by WalaLang;3617703;
    Hmm....I am not sure if I believe that either. That is how he was portrayed in the show but certainly may not be the real Reid. The bottom line is Jillian did not pick him because she is NOT in love with him but with Ed.
    I agree. I think he is willing to commit and is a strong and confident guy. I just don't think he was the right match for Jillian. It had nothing to do with his willingness to commit. There was just more there with Ed. I always wish the Bachelors/Bachelorettes would just say that as their reason when they let someone go. I wonder if TPTB tell them not to say that. If I were Jillian, I would just say, "Look, I really really like you a lot. It is just there more with someone else." Then, instead of him/her walking away thinking about whether or not they could've done something different/more, they would just know that it wasn't about that. It was just more of a connection with someone else. Much less complicated....

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3617696;
    Thanks but I have to say that I was only able to post knowing that there was a soft place to land here in this thread. I probably would've stayed away from the spoiler section this last week but my camel's back got broken and I couldn't keep my mouth shut any longer.

Anyways... I have to second (or is it third?) the comments about the handholding and constantly touching. That was one of the things that really stood out to me with Jillian and Ed. I've got my own Ed (he's even a tall, dark-haired, blue-eyed, computer geeky, fraternity boy-LOL!) and when we first started dating, we used to measure our hands up against each other or hold hands all the time. So perhaps my opinions towards Ed & Jillian were just a little skewed. But knowing how I feel about MY Ed, how could Jillian not be feeling the same way?? There was just nothing like that with any of the other guys. I think lightening struck and she never looked back. And thankfully, Ed realized what a mistake he made, and came back for her.

Jillian has had a fantastic season. From what we've seen, any of her F3 guys would've been a fine choice. But in the end, she had to choose the one who's right for her. I can't wait to see how it all plays out tonight. I got some beers in honor of Jill and despite telling myself not to, have been clock watching these last few hours.

One last thing --I've felt privileged to have shared this season with all of you!! Cheers!!
    Funny, I think this is the first time I am visiting this thread. I am not particularly an Ed fan, and I really could care less for any of tb. But, I have defended Ed for so long I have come to admire him. He has style. The way he moves, He reminds me of successful men in the City (financial centre of London-I used to work in investment banking). Men who have worked hard to make it. There is a different feeling of confidence n them. The money is not from the family or background. Their money and self worth has been sculptured, tailored, worked for, earned, deserved through their hard work. And, they know how to enjoy life to the maximum. Really most of these do no really care about people's opinions of them. He is big enough to weather it. Jillian is the one who hurts.

Before doing the show, Jillian said she did not want a man like herself, because there will be too much energy in the house. she wanted a man who was quieter, with a sense of humour who was okay with her quirkiness. On Ellen, Jillian said when she had her 6foot 2 tall strapping successful guy, then she will have bbq with Jason. I guess she got her wish! Jillian has had to work to make it, so understands where Ed is coming from. On one hand you have to be tough and strong to achieve as they both have. Ed takes the lead when they are together. If you'd noticed, when they hold hands while walking, his hand is always in front. He decided whether to read the overnight cards of if Jillian should read it. Jillian needs a strong man to lead and be responsible. In Ed she got that man. It does not hurt that he is tall dark and handsome too.

I was worried about all the lies, and rumours about Ed, because of Jason and Molly. But Jason and Molly are fine. They have grown stronger and in love. Maybe this will help Jillian and Ed grow stronger as well.
    Last edited by Living; 07-27-2009 at 05:41 PM.

Closed Thread