Closed Thread
Page 58 of 624 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768108158558 ... LastLast

Thread: Ed - Bachelorette 5

FORT Fanatic

Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by cantbelieveicar;3617012;
    I agree and, although I like all of the final guys (and committed to not being biased this season), I am definitely admitting that I have thought the whole time that Jillian and Ed would be the best match. She is a strong independent woman who probably has a tendency to date guys she has to "take care of". She does not want to "wear the pants" in her family. She wants a guy who is strong and will be a leader in her life. All that to say...

She let Reid go...not because he wouldn't commit or wouldn't propose...but because she couldn't get him to just make a decision about anything. He seems like a great guy and will do that when he meets the right girl for him, but she wants someone who is confident and decisive. I dated lots of guys like Reid. Every Friday night...same conversation..."what do you want to do?" "I don't know. What do you want to do?" I just wanted to say "YOU'RE THE ONE WHO ASKED ME OUT! HAVE A PLAN, MAN!!" SHEESH! Ok...soapbox over. They were super great guys, but just not quite strong enough for me for forever.

Kip is sort of the same way...maybe a bit more decisive, but still would probably let Jillian get away with a little more than she wants him to. She has said that she wants someone who will "call her out" when they disagree or when he thinks she is out of line. I just think he is a bit too much of a "pleaser" for her.

Ed...he is so obviously confident and a natural leader. He is taking leadership in their relationship already. He left because he knew he would mentally not be able to commit if he stayed. It was a hard decision, but he knew what he had to do. He committed to saying he wanted the FS on the Spain date - even though he did not yet know her thoughts on the subject...he just put himself out there and was confident enough to say that he wanted to spend time with her and that is what that represented. He also has been showing her that he obviously loves her in the last couple of episodes in particular...without reservation. He says "you are perfect for me" and "I am most compatible with you - more than the other guys". Most telling....she recently described his good qualities as being a very well-rounded guy with his priorities in line. She likes that he finds his job important and enjoys his work. That is the mark of a really good leader to her.

So...now...I humbly admit...I have a favorite for Jill...and it is Ed. I dated my Reid and Kip, but married my Ed 10 years and 2 kids ago... He is a GREAT leader and a best friend...And I love our adventures together more and more every year!
    Great post...congrats on finding your Ed.

FORT Newbie

Go Ed and Jillian! I have watched all the seasons and have had a pretty good read on the romance - when there were romantic sparks. I just saw the Ed and Jillian spark immediately. He is a great guy and I'm sad that TPTB edited the show at his expense. He is such a nuzzler, very gentle and caring. His wild side is a nice balance. She's a lucky girl. It's funny, my husbands name is Kip and I have never heard that name so often as I have during this season of the b'ette. As much as I love my Kip, I just couldn't support Jillians Kip, not over Ed, not for a second.

Quote Originally Posted by cantbelieveicar;3617012;
    "
    Ed...he is so obviously confident and a natural leader. He is taking leadership in their relationship already. He left because he knew he would mentally not be able to commit if he stayed. It was a hard decision, but he knew what he had to do. He committed to saying he wanted the FS on the Spain date - even though he did not yet know her thoughts on the subject...he just put himself out there and was confident enough to say that he wanted to spend time with her and that is what that represented. He also has been showing her that he obviously loves her in the last couple of episodes in particular...without reservation. He says "you are perfect for me" and "I am most compatible with you - more than the other guys". Most telling....she recently described his good qualities as being a very well-rounded guy with his priorities in line. She likes that he finds his job important and enjoys his work. That is the mark of a really good leader to her.

So...now...I humbly admit...I have a favorite for Jill...and it is Ed. I dated my Reid and Kip, but married my Ed 10 years and 2 kids ago... He is a GREAT leader and a best friend...And I love our adventures together more and more every year!
    Great post, cantbelieveicar. Congratulations on finding your Ed and your 10 years of happiness and adventures together. Here's wishing the same for our couple!

Can't wait until tonight!! Team Ed unite!! LOL
    Flight for two on JedAir.

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3616939;
    We are a very small group of Ed supporters!! Which really stinks!!

I hope somehow he and Jillian see this thread and know that we all love and support him and have through the whole season!!!

When Ed was off the show - I really had no interest in watching and went through the motions - I am willing to bet that we soon will hear that is how Jillian felt too!!

I read an interesting interview - I can't remember where - that Jill said that night in the hotel room that they were both burned and blistered and that after they were done with the aloe - Jillian rolled over and said she felt sick so they went to sleep....

My best friend and dormate is an Jill-Ed fan but she stopped going to the boards for fear of developing a Persecuted-Fan complex. Imagine what Jillian must have felt reading the comments on her latest blog. I for one just don't want her to deal with the backlash if she chooses Ed.

I have watched and rewatched the Valen videos of Jill and Ed and what pops out is how he plays with her hands and kisses her cheeks. My own brother says those things are hard to fake if someone doesn't care deeply about another person. And my brother is a 20 year old casanova lol.

Quote Originally Posted by snarkattack222;3617205;
    My best friend and dormate is an Jill-Ed fan but she stopped going to the boards for fear of developing a Persecuted-Fan complex. Imagine what Jillian must have felt reading the comments on her latest blog. I for one just don't want her to deal with the backlash if she chooses Ed.

I have watched and rewatched the Valen videos of Jill and Ed and what pops out is how he plays with her hands and kisses her cheeks. My own brother says those things are hard to fake if someone doesn't care deeply about another person. And my brother is a 20 year old casanova lol.
    Well I'm a grandfather about to retire and have watched those Valen Videos also. Your brother is absolutely correct. There you go first and second hand man's perspective! Young or old doesn't matter we all see and feel real romance the same.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3616939 View Post
    We are a very small group of Ed supporters!! Which really stinks!!

I hope somehow he and Jillian see this thread and know that we all love and support him and have through the whole season!!!

When Ed was off the show - I really had no interest in watching and went through the motions - I am willing to bet that we soon will hear that is how Jillian felt too!!

I read an interesting interview - I can't remember where - that Jill said that night in the hotel room that they were both burned and blistered and that after they were done with the aloe - Jillian rolled over and said she felt sick so they went to sleep....
    I have been a person who reads the posts, but never participated before. I was so happy to find the adult responses on Ed's blog. Other posts from the different blogs are cruel at times.
    I saw a chemistry with Ed and Jillian from the beginning. I also lost interest in the show until I heard that Ed was coming back. Having a son-in-law who is a software engineer I am able to understand Ed and the way his mind works to a degree. My son-in-law tends to be very analytical......and way too smart for his own good!
    No matter who Jillian picks (and I am definitely rooting for ED), she has been a phenomenal bachelorette. Her parents should be very proud of the young woman they raised. I hope she considers the source of the posters who say negative remarks about her.

I love reading the different points of view. Great post, Cantbelieveicar. Jillian said something in an interview a while ago that makes me think you may have something. She said that she's found in the past few months that guys like to do things like open doors and jars for you and maybe she's been a bit too independent in the past. I have my own "Ed" and the great thing is that he's there for me but we can each lean on each other at times.

I'm trying to get some things done since it's my day off but this show keeps creeping into my mind. Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by snarkattack222;3617205;

I love the "Persecuted-Fan complex" comment. With all the Ed hate over in the sleuthing threads, it was difficult to post anything positive about him and Jillian without a bunch of negative backlash. It's no fun to continually have people harshing your buzz at every turn, ya know?

I wanted to give a shout out to cantstopwatchin for holding her/his own over there. You did great and totally represented, CSW!!
    Flight for two on JedAir.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyLuvsTessa;3617297;
    I love the "Persecuted-Fan complex" comment. With all the Ed hate over in the sleuthing threads, it was difficult to post anything positive about him and Jillian without a bunch of negative backlash. It's no fun to continually have people harshing your buzz at every turn, ya know?

I wanted to give a shout out to cantstopwatchin for holding her/his own over there. You did great and totally represented, CSW!
    I've said it before and I'll do it again cantstopwatchin is really BRAVE!

Be still my heart! IMO, there is nothing like a big strong beautiful man who wants to snuggle with you! OMG, how many guys are out there who don't know how to demonstrate affection, when you really want it. Some of us have been lucky to know an Ed in our life and now Jilly does. Jilly is a bit of a gabber but Ed stopped her cold with an endearing statement and or when he kissed her hand. Some women liked to be pursued and I believe Jilly is one of them. Considering the mechanics of the show, Jilly was in charge or "wearing the pants" as she put it. Until Ed show up with the premium five.

Enter our dear boy Ed who wants to take the lead and pursue Jillian from the very First Knight. Ooops Freudian slip - I meant to say night. Check out Valen's posts today as she has hightlighted Ed's story from each episode, he clearly stated his feelings from first 1:1 stating they could be a good fit and maintained that thoughout. It would be nice to learn when he knew he was in love with her but we know he had strong feelings for her from the beginning. My guess he was a goner by the time he got to Spain!

Closed Thread