Closed Thread

Thread: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3649556;
    Prince Charles? Now there's an example of a loyal, steadfast husband.

Please don't think that every man that has a "high-flying" job in corporate America and has a few bucks to throw around is lacking in morals. It simply isn't the case. I'm sure that for every example of a high-flier with questionable morals that one could cite, there would be an example of some out of work redneck trying to hit on everything in skirts at the DoDropInn in Nowheresville, USA.

And lest we forget Prince Charles and Camilla's cell phone conversations that were leaked, well intercepted then leaked, the infamous Tampon exchange, so yeah class in one sense is surely relative. I wonder if Prince Charles has a blackberry now.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3649556;
    Prince Charles? Now there's an example of a loyal, steadfast husband.
    Please don't think that every man that has a "high-flying" job in corporate America and has a few bucks to throw around is lacking in morals. It simply isn't the case. I'm sure that for every example of a high-flier with questionable morals that one could cite, there would be an example of some out of work redneck trying to hit on everything in skirts at the DoDropInn in Nowheresville, USA.

Bolded: Hilarious!

As a math teacher who is stuck teaching geometry this year I am reminded of how we prove hypothess.

To prove that something is TRUE you must show that it is true for ALL cases.

For example, the diagonals of rhombus are perpendicular. A fact. Can be proved for all rhombuses.

To prove something is FALSE is soooo much easier because you only need to find ONE COUNTEREXAMPLE.

Hypothesis: Ed never lied to Jillian and has been faithful since his return to the show. FALSE.

Hey guys...does anybody else think it strange that the RADAR article de-bunking the BREAKUP does not have a media/pr shot taken at the LV Restaurant?
    Seems like the pic of JILL & ED at Sushi Samba last week was blowing-up the blogs way before the official piece done by the Insider.....hmmmm??!!??

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tmi13;3649589;
    Hey guys...does anybody else think it strange that the RADAR article de-bunking the BREAKUP does not have a media/pr shot taken at the LV Restaurant?
    Seems like the pic of JILL & ED at Sushi Samba last week was blowing-up the blogs way before the official piece done by the Insider.....hmmmm??!!??
    So maybe ABC/Fleiss/TPTB are busily trying to control when the news of the breakup is leaked? Like they controlled the breaking Lindsey/Bethany story? Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3649559;
    I knew the guy when we were very, very young adults. He was a good-looking, charismatic, popular, hell-raising, love em and leave em young man who chased skirts for the main action. We were from the Deep South and almost everybody I knew was from solid middle class families. Because I married and moved away from that particular area of town, I don't know at what point he became a missionary, but believe me foreign missionary and hell-raiser are diametrically opposed.

If I had to guess, I think I would be safe in guessing that he was at the very least 30 before that transformation happened.
    Men of the cloth are quite capable of chasing skirts or trousers, as the case maybe.....he may have just developed a taste for a more exotic locale. He could easily have lost his hell-raising ways and kept his libido.

Don't drink the KoolAid

Commit random acts of kindness!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3649559;
    I knew the guy when we were very, very young adults. He was a good-looking, charismatic, popular, hell-raising, love em and leave em young man who chased skirts for the main action. We were from the Deep South and almost everybody I knew was from solid middle class families. Because I married and moved away from that particular area of town, I don't know at what point he became a missionary, but believe me foreign missionary and hell-raiser are diametrically opposed.

If I had to guess, I think I would be safe in guessing that he was at the very least 30 before that transformation happened.
    Yes people can change. However I don't believe in "missionary dating", meaning that you are to change/convert them. I think it is better to see a track record of that change. Its hard to know if a real change occured based on such a short period of time. Only time will indicate a real change.

In addition someone who becomes a foriegn missionary likely had a change as a result of a spiritual conversion, which unless I've miss something isn't the case here.

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3649224;
    Jillian wants a TV job combining interior design and TV, her two occupations to date. Every media appearance is in some sense an audition tape. Those waiting to see her "fall apart" on camera, confess that Ed's a cad, have a cat fight with his ex girlfriends -- you know all the ROMAN COLISEUM stuff the masses love to "spectate" -- will never have their wish fulfilled.

She didn't devote 1 year of her life to life On A Traveling Set (LA, New Zealand, Canada, Spain, Hawaii, plus umpteen media destinations and tours) smiling for the cameras, creating her Spunky Quirky Cute On Air Personality to throw it all away on this episode with Ed and the girlfriends.

This relationship is doomed. It may or may not leak out before a planned announcement.

But I am 100% confident when it does (inevitably) come to an agreed public end, it will be done with a bit more style and grace.

This is an exercise in Image Management at this point, to maintain her public appeal, so she can "do" her episode of Extreme Home Makeover, or whatever it is she is angling for.

People focus on this as if it's the identity of her future husband that is at stake.

No, what is at stake is her viability as a TV hostperson.

What happened last night was an unauthorized leak of an expected event. The image planners got their butts out to Lavo last night to tamp it down, until a later more strategic time. And let's be honest. It isn't really any of our business what really happens when. The public will "know" when the public is supposed to know.

P.S. I think that Jenny Sanford (wife of Gov of S.C.) has a lot of Smarts and Style. Just slippin' on out the door. There's a "way" to do this, and a "way" not to do it.
    If I remember correctly....we heard some leaks when it came to Matt/Shayne breaking up but that was counteracted with they are still together. & of course, was it the AFTRC? of Deanna that they were shown as the still "happy" couple. It wasn't to long after that it the official the breakup was released.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3649594;
    So maybe ABC/Fleiss/TPTB are busily trying to control when the news of the breakup is leaked? Like they controlled the breaking Lindsey/Bethany story? Interesting.
    Yup...that's what I'm a thinking.

Either way though...it's just crazy sad 4 JILL.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3649359;
    I read what you are saying, and I understand it well. The leopard can not change his spots - impossible to do.

People do not change - a generalization - basically true most of the time, but there are notable exceptions that each and every one of us can give.

I remember sitting at the teacher's table one day, and one of my colleagues mentioned a guy from her church that I knew from when I was much younger. The problem was that the guy she knew - now a missionary on a foreign field - was most definitely NOT the guy I knew from when I was much younger!! The leopard changed his spots....

If there was hope for this guy, there is hope for Ed.

Also, Warren Beatty - Hollywood's consummate playboy who wined and dined them all and several at a time - finally married, and we never hear anything about him anymore.

Although most people retain their natures, it is a generalization to say that people, including Ed, don't or won't change. If he finds what is missing in his life, like others before him, he could settle down to it.
    Yes, he very well could change, but we have to keep in mind that our divorce rate is high....so obviously people retaining their status quo vrs change is apparent...

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveinluv;3649575;
    You mean Jillian can't hear me when I yell at the TV screen?
    No...just like I keep telling Mr. Sweetpea when he yells at his favorite hockey team or the refs...honey, they can't hear you, seriously...!

Personally, as I've said before, I think people are waaaaay too outraged by this whole thing. Yes, it sucks for Lindsey and Bethany, hopefully they've learned a very valuable lesson about men and what they can charm out of you. But c'mon, it's not as if, as others have said, there aren't millions of other guys (and girls!!) out there who have done the same thing. Perhaps all this energy and enthusiasm for outing cheaters and warning women could be put to good use in a charitable way, I don't know, maybe there are support groups out there who need a hand, or women's groups, or something...??? All this energy seems wasted going on and on about how horrible this one guy is. Yes, it's horrible. It's also life, and hopefully as bamabrain said above, this will all die a quick death so we can move on to other, more enjoyable and hopefully more positive discussion.

We all want to drink the koolaid again and believe the *next* love story is the real thing, right?

Closed Thread