Closed Thread

Thread: Ed - Bachelorette 5

FORT Fanatic

Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3648937;
    Nope, never got the ring back from Shayne, which is why they rewrote the contract.
    There's also a Trista/Ryan clause (exclusive rights to filming the wedding for a payment of only $10,000).
    And a DeAnna clause (sets up the relatively low pay scale if they option you to host a cable show).
    And strangely, there IS an ED clause - the most widely ignored rule since "no talking in class"......that prohibits any dating or intimate relations from the time the contract is signed until 2 weeks after the final episode airs. At least that paragraph has a name now.

sdl: Do you know of any contractural reason Jillian would "break" if she splits from Ed now/soon. Do they by contract have a period of time they must "appear" to still be engaged?

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3649219;
    Well, here's my 2 cents for Jillian and Ed. Go to Canada and lay low there. I don't want to know about their relationship and don't care if they make it or not.
    Thank you. I'm ready for the next season, already. I'm glad Jillian sees herself with him in 60 years because I'm tired of him and I assume there are quite a few other women who are as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Living;3649503;
    You see. For me, to sleep with one or five, makes no difference. I prefer one to be in a commited relationship which is marriage before having a sexual relationship with another. Afterall a commited relationship can be for one day to forever. Who is to say it has to be a week or six months or 9 months etc before one changes their mind. At the time they are together they are commited to one another. With no legal binding, it means nothing for both sides. Who sets the standards? My post was according to city slicker standards and is the norm for them. soimeone else on a farm in another area/maybe remote, may have other standards. We cannot impose our standards on others.

True, women should not let themselves be taken for granted. Many tell-tale signs exist like the kind of texts he sends to you etc. Men should not take advantage of women who let them know they are available. spoken or by action.
    As someone who has lived in very major cities and in extremely rural areas I would like to assure you that location doesn't set the standards or make the people---the people do that.

Chicago is not responsible for Ed being a womanizer, Ed is responsible for that, and although he might have fewer women to choose from just due to population variations from locale to locale I can guarantee that he would treat those women the same way he has treated the ones he's found elsewhere.

Can I ask a serious question? Do you really think that the texts he is sending Jillian now are "classier" or less sexualized than the ones he sent the other women? It's JMO, of course, but I seriously doubt it. Ed made a loud and clear statement about how he regards Jillian the first time he picked up a phone and used it with the intent of getting sex from the person he was contacting---he is treating her EXACTLY as he has treated Lindsey and Bethany and heaven knows how many other women---he tells them he loves them, he makes them promises, he makes them feel foolish for doubting him, and then he goes right on his merry way and cheats on them. IMO the ring on Jillian's finger only means that he's told her an even grander lie than he told the others with his emptier promises. And if he'd met Jillian in some other way, where he wasn't handed a free engagement ring to use to propose to her, then there'd be nothing on her finger other than some aloe from Ed's latest request for a massage. JMO.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3649443;
    deidre, not picking on you..honestly, your post is just the newest one.

I posted a few pages ago that I knew one sentence from Radaronline would be taken out of context. It took a little while, but it has tuened into Ed with the wandering eyes. That's not what the writer was saying.

"...Swiderski's affections were a little more suspect and his casual glances at other females did not seem as innocent given the current allegations against him by two ex-girlfriends...."

If you read the whole thing he basically said that they were arm & arm & she looked like she was in love. Then he says that Ed's affections for her & his casual glances were considered more suspect because of the accusations against him. Otherwise Ed's affections & glances would have been considered innocent.

Did any of that make sense?? I'm not sure if I made sense to myself..I know what I'm trying to say.

Thank you for posting this...I was just about to bring up this myself. I know everyone would expect Ed to be looking at other women...but this time its not the case...it is just how the sentence is worded.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3649359;
    I remember sitting at the teacher's table one day, and one of my colleagues mentioned a guy from her church that I knew from when I was much younger. The problem was that the guy she knew - now a missionary on a foreign field - was most definitely NOT the guy I knew from when I was much younger!! The leopard changed his spots....

If there was hope for this guy, there is hope for Ed.

I'm rofl over this. I can't imagine Ed restricting himself to the missionary position.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by pavalygurl;3649507;
    sdl: Do you know of any contractural reason Jillian would "break" if she splits from Ed now/soon. Do they by contract have a period of time they must "appear" to still be engaged?
    ok so if there is an Ed clause, then Ed broke the contract and perhaps she can keep the ring? wishful thinking?

addison h.

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3649511;
    Do you really think that the texts he is sending Jillian now are "classier" or less sexualized than the ones he sent the other women? It's JMO, of course, but I seriously doubt it. Ed made a loud and clear statement about how he regards Jillian the first time he picked up a phone and used it with the intent of getting sex from the person he was contacting---he is treating her EXACTLY as he has treated Lindsey and Bethany and heaven knows how many other women---he tells them he loves them, he makes them promises, he makes them feel foolish for doubting him, and then he goes right on his merry way and cheats on them. IMO the ring on Jillian's finger only means that he's told her an even grander lie than he told the others with his emptier promises. And if he'd met Jillian in some other way, where he wasn't handed a free engagement ring to use to propose to her, then there'd be nothing on her finger other than some aloe from Ed's latest request for a massage. JMO.
    ITA - it's beyond ironic that she was all "and honestly Dave, I really was offended" please - you know Ed is saying/texting much sicker things to her now.

Dave mentioned her ass - Ed likes to mention "molesting" people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihopeforthebest;3649504;
    I believe God can change people, but they have to want to be changed, much like the baby-steps you refer to. They have to be sorry for what they are doing, and I don't believe Ed is sorry for anything, except for getting caught! Wake up, Jillian!
    Unfortunately I don't even think he's sorry for getting caught. IF he wants to talk his way out of it, he will, if he doesn't he won't. JMO
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3649443;
    deidre, not picking on you..honestly, your post is just the newest one.

I posted a few pages ago that I knew one sentence from Radaronline would be taken out of context. It took a little while, but it has tuened into Ed with the wandering eyes. That's not what the writer was saying.

"...Swiderski's affections were a little more suspect and his casual glances at other females did not seem as innocent given the current allegations against him by two ex-girlfriends...."

If you read the whole thing he basically said that they were arm & arm & she looked like she was in love. Then he says that Ed's affections for her & his casual glances were considered more suspect because of the accusations against him. Otherwise Ed's affections & glances would have been considered innocent.

Did any of that make sense?? I'm not sure if I made sense to myself..I know what I'm trying to say.
    "his casual glances at other females" "did not seem as innocent given the current allegations against him by two ex-girlfriends"
    What's not to understand in this??
    " A woman has got to love a bad man once or twice in her life, to be thankful for a good one". Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3649511;
    As someone who has lived in very major cities and in extremely rural areas I would like to assure you that location doesn't set the standards or make the people---the people do that.

Chicago is not responsible for Ed being a womanizer, Ed is responsible for that, and although he might have fewer women to choose from just due to population variations from locale to locale I can guarantee that he would treat those women the same way he has treated the ones he's found elsewhere.

Can I ask a serious question? Do you really think that the texts he is sending Jillian now are "classier" or less sexualized than the ones he sent the other women? It's JMO, of course, but I seriously doubt it. Ed made a loud and clear statement about how he regards Jillian the first time he picked up a phone and used it with the intent of getting sex from the person he was contacting---he is treating her EXACTLY as he has treated Lindsey and Bethany and heaven knows how many other women---he tells them he loves them, he makes them promises, he makes them feel foolish for doubting him, and then he goes right on his merry way and cheats on them. IMO the ring on Jillian's finger only means that he's told her an even grander lie than he told the others with his emptier promises. And if he'd met Jillian in some other way, where he wasn't handed a free engagement ring to use to propose to her, then there'd be nothing on her finger other than some aloe from Ed's latest request for a massage. JMO.
    When I talk about city, I am speaking of the city slickers. Those in the city with high flying jobs. Work all hours on a corporate level and play hard. Live in fancy or beautiful appartments or houses and frequent the trendy bars and restaurants. Not everyone who lives in Chicago. The job and environment. That is what I mean by city. Of cos this kind of decadent living transends to all walks of lives as well and to both male and female.

Do you know Ed, you seem to speak certain detailed things about him. Did you go out with him too?

Now to your question. I spend too much time on this board as it is. Get behind in things I should be doing, visit less and waste my time. I really will not like to add contemplating Ed's texts to Jillian to my pastimes. What is a classy text anyway. I have socialized with prince Charles several years ago, socialied with upper and upper middle class people etc. What is class Each demographic group have their standards. Means nothing to me now. They can exchange whatever they want in their texts for al I care.

Closed Thread