Closed Thread

Thread: Ed - Bachelorette 5

addison h.

Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

I can't believe myfoxphilly still has the story listed on their website. (I'm sort of hoping a producer gets fired for this - I want their job sshhhh... don't tell )

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3649443;
    deidre, not picking on you..honestly, your post is just the newest one.

I posted a few pages ago that I knew one sentence from Radaronline would be taken out of context. It took a little while, but it has tuened into Ed with the wandering eyes. That's not what the writer was saying.

"...Swiderski's affections were a little more suspect and his casual glances at other females did not seem as innocent given the current allegations against him by two ex-girlfriends...."

If you read the whole thing he basically said that they were arm & arm & she looked like she was in love. Then he says that Ed's affections for her & his casual glances were considered more suspect because of the accusations against him. Otherwise Ed's affections & glances would have been considered innocent.

Did any of that make sense?? I'm not sure if I made sense to myself..I know what I'm trying to say.
    Just trying to help here, Saffron. Maybe it's the word "seem" that is the point the writer was trying to make.

addison h.

also: yes men can change. yes we have stories about Warren Beatty.
    but Warren Beatty is famous - for that - for a reason.
    BECAUSE it's UNUSUAL.

Because for every "Warren Beatty totally settled down" story there are 11 thousand others where the guy remained a lying cheating boozehound for the rest of his life and managed to hurt countless women while doing it.

Ed shows no remorse. Ed doesn't even show mild concern. Ed's not changing anything. (Except his passwords at this point).

FORT Fogey

And Warren Beatty was like 50 years old. The pickings weren't as nice for him as they once were.

Quote Originally Posted by J Jabber;3649479;
    Just trying to help here, Saffron. Maybe it's the word "seem" that is the point the writer was trying to make.
    Thanks Jabber!! I need all the help I can get. I' ve been having a hard time expressing myself the last couple of days.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3649359;
    I read what you are saying, and I understand it well. The leopard can not change his spots - impossible to do.

People do not change - a generalization - basically true most of the time, but there are notable exceptions that each and every one of us can give.

I remember sitting at the teacher's table one day, and one of my colleagues mentioned a guy from her church that I knew from when I was much younger. The problem was that the guy she knew - now a missionary on a foreign field - was most definitely NOT the guy I knew from when I was much younger!! The leopard changed his spots....

If there was hope for this guy, there is hope for Ed.

Also, Warren Beatty - Hollywood's consummate playboy who wined and dined them all and several at a time - finally married, and we never hear anything about him anymore.

Although most people retain their natures, it is a generalization to say that people, including Ed, don't or won't change. If he finds what is missing in his life, like others before him, he could settle down to it.
    The biggest thing for me is that he is still this way at his age - 29 or 30. I have known players from late high school/early college who changed, but it was over time...not over the course of a show.

Warren Beatty played the field for years. Maybe his age hit him square in the face - he changed with Annette Bening *maybe* because the older he got, he probably realized he couldn't dream of doing better! Again - it was over time, though.

At what age did you know the guy who became the missionary? His morph probably took more than a couple of weeks! Plus, I'd be interested to know what his upbringing was before he became a player...bet he was given a strong foundation (have no idea what Ed's is, so that is just my own guess about your friend and I'm not saying anything about Ed at all in that respect.)

Quote Originally Posted by costcoholic;3649463;

I know Jillian will not break up with Ed. She has fallen for the worst kind of man and as loud as we want to scream for her to run for the hills she will not hear us.

She will hear Ed's smooth-talking and be brainwashed into believing that Lindsay and Bethany are somehow at fault here and by doing that Jillian has not just made me question her "smarts" "judge of character" and "pride in women" but it makes me see her as a tragic pathetic victim.
    Even if Jillian digs in her heels, instead of kicking Ed to the curb; it is possible that Ed will finally say "enough, I am done with Hollywood" and move on from her (fingers crossed).

I hate the fact that she might through away career opportunities because of her wall of denial, and stubbornness. But, it is her life, her choices...... and because she is the star of a reality show, I can shout - please step away from mankini Ed, and run!!!!!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by xseannax;3649234;
    Respectfully, this message made me sick to my stomach. I am not a feminist by any means, but the thought that all men sleep around and women should just accept and deal with it boggles my mind. Like the public tug-of-war of Jon "I have 8 kids and a bald spot" where 2 young, supposedly intelligent women are fighting over a man who isn't even divorced yet. What decade are we in? It is beyond disgusting to see women reduce themselves to this.

IA that Lindsey and perhaps Bethany now look like they were incredibly naive believing Ed. It is very easy to pass judgment on these ladies without knowing exactly what Ed was doing and saying to them to make them feel that he would end up with them in the end, especially when we now have the whole picture and not little bits and pieces like they had at the time. What seems stupid to us now as a big picture probably seemed a whole lot different at the time to them.

I will not delve deep into your opinions of how Jillian should accept Ed's behavior, because I know that we will have to agree to disagree but for the record I think that Ed's actions have shown that not only does he not love her, he doesn't respect her. The problem with the “all men do it” argument is that Ed continued to do it AFTER he was engaged to Jillian. There is NO EXCUSE FOR THAT. If Jillian makes excuses for it then she has now put herself into the same boat as the other women who believed Ed’s lines.

The crux of the message I want to get across is this: Instead of attacking these 2 women let’s use this situation as a learning opportunity. We should use this situation as an example and teach our daughters, sisters, friends, cousins, and other loved ones that they should not put themselves in the position of being a “booty call” for a man. Ladies CAN do something about the bedhopping by just saying “no thanks.” Teach fellow ladies the warning signs and the standard lines that these men use to lure them into bed, and what the difference between a girlfriend and a bedfellow is. Teach ladies that it is okay to say “No sex until you are ready to be exclusive with me.” That doesn’t have to mean a ring, but it does mean that I am the only person you are seeing and sleeping with. So what if he can’t live with that rule and goes elsewhere—good riddance!! If you don’t want to be in a committed relationship then establish an open relationship with someone who is okay with it, just make sure both parties are on the same page. Stop giving away your power to men!!!

I lived in DC for quite a while and partied in DC, Philly, and NY and never wavered from my morals and beliefs, and had some wonderful relationships during that time and met my husband. I am a prime example of the fact that you do not have to put up with, or participate in that behavior no matter the size of the city. You teach people how to treat you, so let’s teach young ladies coming up how to gain true love and respect from men that they deserve.
    You see. For me, to sleep with one or five, makes no difference. I prefer one to be in a commited relationship which is marriage before having a sexual relationship with another. Afterall a commited relationship can be for one day to forever. Who is to say it has to be a week or six months or 9 months etc before one changes their mind. At the time they are together they are commited to one another. With no legal binding, it means nothing for both sides. Who sets the standards? My post was according to city slicker standards and is the norm for them. soimeone else on a farm in another area/maybe remote, may have other standards. We cannot impose our standards on others.

True, women should not let themselves be taken for granted. Many tell-tale signs exist like the kind of texts he sends to you etc. Men should not take advantage of women who let them know they are available. spoken or by action.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3649477;
    My personal opinion is that Ed could possibly change his spots one day...I just don't think that sleeping with Lindsey a few days after his engagement and attempting to sleep with Bethany right after that in any way indicates that Ed has or wants to take even the first baby-step in the direction of the possible future spot-changing metamorphasis. JMO.
    I believe God can change people, but they have to want to be changed, much like the baby-steps you refer to. They have to be sorry for what they are doing, and I don't believe Ed is sorry for anything, except for getting caught! Wake up, Jillian!

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3649486;
    And Warren Beatty was like 50 years old. The pickings weren't as nice for him as they once were.
    50 and essentially out of the limelight, as far as I am aware, and his last attempts at making movies as a producer/director were not successful,

if he was still actively producing or directing movies the women would still throw themselves at him for roles, sad to say, maybe he still active in the industry, I hope he is enjoying being a dad, but presumably Annette has him on a tight leash.

Having children can change some people, men and women for the positive.
    Last edited by lavender1960; 08-08-2009 at 03:56 PM.

Closed Thread