Closed Thread
Page 57 of 624 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667107157557 ... LastLast

Thread: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

I've left the spoiler threads for the season and am hunkering down here with all of you.

Can I just say I CANNOT WAIT TO WATCH THE SHOW TONIGHT!!!

Okay, sorry for the screaming but there's noone else I can say it to. I haven't spilled the beans to my husband so he doesn't know that I know what happens. LOL! All he knows is that I stayed up 'til 2am Friday/Saturday night and he thinks I'm crazy.

Anyways.... if you can't tell... I am SO EXCITED for tonight!!! Am trying to keep myself busy so I don't clock watch. Ah, heck, who am I kidding...I'll probably rewatch Valen's clips in preparation for tonight.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by BCdeeGee;3616757;
    Is there a place to go and hear the interview? I'd really like to hear it.
    They just announced that there is a podcast available at their web site. The link is in post by sunshine722 above.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3616505;
    CSW - What do you say to a "road trip" to Chicago!
    Aww, MiniDiva, I would LOVE to but we just back from a long vacation and school starts on 8/10 here. However, who knows...maybe sometime!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Last week, while all the men were talking about what happened on the show, then Jilly talked about letting Reid go, she didn't seem sad at all, just said that it was hard letting him go.

Tonight, I am just hoping we're all not disappointed with the results. Hoping Jilly picks Ed.

While I hope it's Ed, I won't believe or speculate on anything. Have to be patient and wait for the results tonight.

We are a very small group of Ed supporters!! Which really stinks!!

I hope somehow he and Jillian see this thread and know that we all love and support him and have through the whole season!!!

When Ed was off the show - I really had no interest in watching and went through the motions - I am willing to bet that we soon will hear that is how Jillian felt too!!

I read an interesting interview - I can't remember where - that Jill said that night in the hotel room that they were both burned and blistered and that after they were done with the aloe - Jillian rolled over and said she felt sick so they went to sleep....

FORT Fanatic

Here is one who feels that Jillian is a truly lucky girl to have found Ed. Out of all the guys he is one of the most mature, hardworking, witty, and willing to go the extra mile for a person he loves....

Folks that is the love story everyone has been waiting for

...but some fell for Fliess and his editing of another bachelor and made him so favorable to distract them away from the real deal!

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3616801;
    Aww, MiniDiva, I would LOVE to but we just back from a long vacation and school starts on 8/10 here. However, who knows...maybe sometime!
    Just kidding. We have already been on a virtual road trip for the past 2 months! I guess today will be a virtual party until we find out who the F1 is.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by trisha22;3616947;
    Here is one who feels that Jillian is a truly lucky girl to have found Ed. Out of all the guys he is one of the most mature, hardworking, witty, and willing to go the extra mile for a person he loves....

Folks that is the love story everyone has been waiting for

...but some fell for Fliess and his editing of another bachelor and made him so favorable to distract them away from the real deal!
    I agree and, although I like all of the final guys (and committed to not being biased this season), I am definitely admitting that I have thought the whole time that Jillian and Ed would be the best match. She is a strong independent woman who probably has a tendency to date guys she has to "take care of". She does not want to "wear the pants" in her family. She wants a guy who is strong and will be a leader in her life. All that to say...

She let Reid go...not because he wouldn't commit or wouldn't propose...but because she couldn't get him to just make a decision about anything. He seems like a great guy and will do that when he meets the right girl for him, but she wants someone who is confident and decisive. I dated lots of guys like Reid. Every Friday night...same conversation..."what do you want to do?" "I don't know. What do you want to do?" I just wanted to say "YOU'RE THE ONE WHO ASKED ME OUT! HAVE A PLAN, MAN!!" SHEESH! Ok...soapbox over. They were super great guys, but just not quite strong enough for me for forever.

Kip is sort of the same way...maybe a bit more decisive, but still would probably let Jillian get away with a little more than she wants him to. She has said that she wants someone who will "call her out" when they disagree or when he thinks she is out of line. I just think he is a bit too much of a "pleaser" for her.

Ed...he is so obviously confident and a natural leader. He is taking leadership in their relationship already. He left because he knew he would mentally not be able to commit if he stayed. It was a hard decision, but he knew what he had to do. He committed to saying he wanted the FS on the Spain date - even though he did not yet know her thoughts on the subject...he just put himself out there and was confident enough to say that he wanted to spend time with her and that is what that represented. He also has been showing her that he obviously loves her in the last couple of episodes in particular...without reservation. He says "you are perfect for me" and "I am most compatible with you - more than the other guys". Most telling....she recently described his good qualities as being a very well-rounded guy with his priorities in line. She likes that he finds his job important and enjoys his work. That is the mark of a really good leader to her.

So...now...I humbly admit...I have a favorite for Jill...and it is Ed. I dated my Reid and Kip, but married my Ed 10 years and 2 kids ago... He is a GREAT leader and a best friend...And I love our adventures together more and more every year!

Closed Thread