Closed Thread

Thread: Ed - Bachelorette 5

FORT Fogey

Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Here's the interview with Ed where he discusses his company Green Canyon and says it has 8 employees.

Quote Originally Posted by MTG;3648685;
    I would say from her laughing when she said it that it was just a joke!
    I thought she was joking too. The interviewer suggested it and she gave a joking, laughing answer.

FORT Regular

I googled the word Lies on the Biblegateway.com website that looks up any verse you want. This is what I came up with:

John 8:44 (New International Version)

44You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveinluv;3648762;
    Just for the record: Love Jillian, hate her Tammy Wynette stance as of late.
    I second that

ITA: How is GreenCanyon funded?
    ES: We have bootstrapped since day one. We are currently not looking for funding
    I am not familiar with the term bootstrapped in a business sense. So I looked it up

Financial bootstrapping is a term used to cover different methods for avoiding using the financial resources of external investors. Bootstrapping can be defined as “a collection of methods used to minimize the amount of outside debt and equity financing needed from banks and investors” (Ebben and Johnsen, 2006:853). The use of private credit card debt is the most known form of bootstrapping, but a wide variety of methods are available for entrepreneurs. While bootstrapping involves a risk for the founders, the absence of any other stakeholder gives the founders more freedom to develop the company. Many successful companies including Dell Computers were founded this way.

Bootstrap funding - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

FORT Regular

Perhaps Ed's wandering eyes during conversations with Jillian were due to some female production members in the room. (I'm just joking)
    Last edited by lucky181; 08-08-2009 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deidre1985;3649426;
    That's funny about Ed's wandering eye. Well, cheers to you Jillian. I do hope you're happy with your life. I would like to hear Ed's side of the story. Lindsay and Bethany have a lot of evidence on him, and he needs to say more than just "it isn't true."

I think Ed is just too much.
    deidre, not picking on you..honestly, your post is just the newest one.

I posted a few pages ago that I knew one sentence from Radaronline would be taken out of context. It took a little while, but it has tuened into Ed with the wandering eyes. That's not what the writer was saying.

"...Swiderski's affections were a little more suspect and his casual glances at other females did not seem as innocent given the current allegations against him by two ex-girlfriends...."

If you read the whole thing he basically said that they were arm & arm & she looked like she was in love. Then he says that Ed's affections for her & his casual glances were considered more suspect because of the accusations against him. Otherwise Ed's affections & glances would have been considered innocent.

Did any of that make sense?? I'm not sure if I made sense to myself..I know what I'm trying to say.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3649327;
    With all due respect, I could not disagree with this post more.
    a. It IS a "big deal" to sleep with other women a day or two after you get engaged.
    b. Emails to Lindsey that "I love you," I miss you, I want to marry you, I don't find Jillian attractive at all, etc. do not put her on notice that she is nothing but a "booty call."
    c. If there are other egually disingenuous, shameless horndogs in the world, that's sad, but it doesn't change the essence of Ed's character, or lack thereof. Two wrongs, or a thousand wrongs, don't make a right.
    d. This is a HUGE misconception, and needs to be corrected. THE CONTRACT DOES NOT SAY YOU HAVE TO LIE ABOUT BEING ON THE SHOW. IT ONLY SAYS THAT YOU CANNOT REVEAL WHAT HAPPENS DURING THE FILMING OF THE SHOW. In other words, don't blame the contract for Ed saying he was on business in Texas, loved the rodeo, etc. while he was romancing Jillian in Spain. He can say he is filming TB but can't say where.
    e. It has yet to be demonstrated to me that Ed is a "busy man" or even has an important job. He was a Microsoft sales rep (entry level position) for 4 months, ok? It sure hasn't been an impediment to going to Vegas or doing TV interviews, or whatever screwing around, since the show ended.
    And the argument that because he is a "busy Man" he must rely on booty calls for sex is just.....I don't have the words.
    f. Jillian can be "secure that Ed will not stray because it'd be in the papers if he did?!" Well he did and it has, and again...oh brother....
    I don't get it at all.
    I am just catching up on reading today and was trying to craft a post in response to the post that this was written in response to---now I don't have to bother. Thank you SDL for making all the points I was about to make. It saddens me to say this but the fact that you, as a man, are saying points a) and b) probably makes a bigger impact than I, as a woman, would have made by saying the same things. Regardless, I could not agree more with this entire post.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3649447;
    I am just catching up on reading today and was trying to craft a post in response to the post that this was written in response to---now I don't have to bother. Thank you SDL for making all the points I was about to make. It saddens me to say this but the fact that you, as a man, are saying points a) and b) probably makes a bigger impact than I, as a woman, would have made by saying the same things. Regardless, I could not agree more with this entire post.

I agree, the SDL post is very wise, I can't believe he is being ATTACKED for it.

addison h.

Quote Originally Posted by J Jabber;3649387;
    Heck, I'll tutor her for free! One would think someone in the business would have already addressed this with her.
    The good news (bad news?) for her is that any show she'll do will probably have a producer/writer to write her ridiculous little intros for her "I'm Jillian Harris and this is Boulder Beware! Where we fill your pool with rocks and then my hunky chunky hubby pees on them... stick around we'll be right back"

Closed Thread