Closed Thread

Thread: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3649339;
    What is his job exactly? Has anyone got a job title for him. It seems so nebulous. He's a constultant. He's an IT guy. He's a sales guy. He has his own company. He works for MS. I'm confused.
    jlccaz had his job title Territory Services Exec. He was in Vegas for work this past week.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3649327;
    With all due respect, I could not disagree with this post more.
    a. It IS a "big deal" to sleep with other women a day or two after you get engaged.
    b. Emails to Lindsey that "I love you," I miss you, I want to marry you, I don't find Jillian attractive at all, etc. do not put her on notice that she is nothing but a "booty call."
    c. If there are other egually disingenuous, shameless horndogs in the world, that's sad, but it doesn't change the essence of Ed's character, or lack thereof. Two wrongs, or a thousand wrongs, don't make a right.
    d. This is a HUGE misconception, and needs to be corrected. THE CONTRACT DOES NOT SAY YOU HAVE TO LIE ABOUT BEING ON THE SHOW. IT ONLY SAYS THAT YOU CANNOT REVEAL WHAT HAPPENS DURING THE FILMING OF THE SHOW. In other words, don't blame the contract for Ed saying he was on business in Texas, loved the rodeo, etc. while he was romancing Jillian in Spain. He can say he is filming TB but can't say where.
    e. It has yet to be demonstrated to me that Ed is a "busy man" or even has an important job. He was a Microsoft sales rep (entry level position) for 4 months, ok? It sure hasn't been an impediment to going to Vegas or doing TV interviews, or whatever screwing around, since the show ended.
    And the argument that because he is a "busy Man" he must rely on booty calls for sex is just.....I don't have the words.
    f. Jillian can be "secure that Ed will not stray because it'd be in the papers if he did?!" Well he did and it has, and again...oh brother....
    I don't get it at all.
    I think we call that enabling - women who know the whole truth but let a man get away with it or dismiss it as insignficant are in essence enablers because these men will not change their behaviour so long as there are no consequences or there is always another sucker down the road, no different than buying the vodka for an alcholic or giving money to a drug addict knowing exactly what they are going to do with that money [as Griffin O Neal accuses Daddy Ryan of doing to son Richmond] .

I mean how sad could it be that you rely on media attention to keep your man behaved - if he is so in love he shouldn't need anyone to monitor his behaviour.

FORT Regular

News is that Jillian has dumped Ed. Type in Jillian Harris in a search engine and that should bring you the latest news...

FORT Fogey

I really don't think Jill dumped him. She's in too deep right now. In time he could dump her but I still think that's months and months away. He might marry her as he'd have it made. She could cook and clean and when he cheats he knows she will defend him. Not a bad deal for Ed. And while I agree he won't cheat right now because he's afraid to do so doesn't mean he won't in the future when things calm down some. Six months from now they won't be big news anymore and he can resume his former life.

I think it's sad that she hasn't taken on a design show if one has truly been offered because she wants to put the relationship first. You don't see Ed quitting his job and moving away nor should he. He's smart to keep his career and an identity outside of the relationship. Jill should do the same.

And I don't think Jill really wants her privacy as much as she just doesn't want the negativity. This happens every year to all couples but this year ut is escalated because he lies and cheats. She should know people will be upset even if she isn't. If she truly wants her privacy she will stop with the interviews and not post incoherent messages calling out the media on FB and giving the okay for it to be posted in a public forum. She can't have it both ways...she gets to speak out and others don't. It's nice in theory but it isn't reality.

FORT Regular

just got moving today, has the radar online story from 11 this a.m. been posted over here?
    I have been back 25 threads and did not see it.
    EXCLUSIVE: The Bachelorette's Surprise Public Outing With Fiance | RadarOnline.com

FORT Newbie

Besides avoiding eye contact, the constant lip twitching and biting that Ed displays is another sign of lying and anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3649339;
    What is his job exactly? Has anyone got a job title for him. It seems so nebulous. He's a constultant. He's an IT guy. He's a sales guy. He has his own company. He works for MS. I'm confused.
    That is the exact title in my post.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nanajj;3649370;
    just got moving today, has the radar online story from 11 this a.m. been posted over here?
    I have been back 25 threads and did not see it.
    EXCLUSIVE: The Bachelorette's Surprise Public Outing With Fiance | RadarOnline.com
    No surprise. I never thought she'd dump him especially this soon.

FORT Regular

Ed took this "gig" as a joke! He was 29 (and remember guys now act like they are 10 yrs. younger.)
    Jillian took this "gig" to get a job on TV.
    IMO they BOTH underestimated the power of ABC, Press, Public and thought they could handle it.
    It blew up.
    Get over it!

Yes it looks like Radaronline jumped the shark and just 2 other outlets ran with it though they claimed they confirmed it with a close friend of Jillian's - a cancelled dinner reservation was extrapolated to mean they had broken up, JED did turn up for dinner at the same place later.'

Though there is inference that Ed was eyeing other girls in the restaurant in a way not becoming a man in love/engaged. We all know the hot chick eyeball.

Closed Thread