Closed Thread

Thread: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by sclilred1;3648994;
    Unfortunately there will be people that will never believe that. I don't understand how anyone can believe that Fleiss is on the up and up about this show honestly being about people finding true love. Fleiss has done so many interviews already that show he cares only about Money, Ratings and Drama. Fleiss thinks that drama sells and that no one wants to see a love story. I would think that people can tell what Fleiss is really about after watching a couple of seasons of the Bachelor/Bachelorette. I guess not, or not all people any way.

I feel like Jillian is taking her anger out on the wrong people. She needs to turn that anger towards Ed and TPTB. It ticks me off that Jillian and Ed want the media spotlight only when there are good things being said about them. Then they turn around and want people to leave them alone and not focus on the bad things being said. If they (Jillian and Ed) want the media attention at all, then they have to deal with both aspects......can't pick and choose. Guess they are getting alot more than they bargained for, but that tends to happen when you decide that fame is worth dealing with the devil.

Jillian will either wake up, realize that Ed used her and move on to better things OR she will stay in denial, blame anyone and everyone other than the real culprits and be miserable. At this point no one is going to be able to tell her what she should do. The only way I see her getting out of the situation (without it being her decision) is when Ed dumps her so he can go back to chasing women all around town.
    Yes many would like to hear Ed actually talk, let alone face the music! Fleece has total control over their media appearances- he tells them when they will be on and what to say. It's right in their contract. They are his puppets. Period.
    I can't even bear to think of that last scenario. I would not at all be surprised if things end prior to that Sept 1 move in date and Jillian appears to have dodged a bullet. How do we know if Jillian is not helping Fleece throw Ed under the bus? And living up to her contract until said time she can pretend to dump him even though it's been done like dinner already... You know what I mean? We can no longer believe anything in the media anymore. We just don't know that what is being fed to us is anywhere near credible. I would not be the least surprised to learn that Jilly never even made it to LV. All we can do now is sit back and watch the circus come to town.
    Last edited by Parasolpink; 08-08-2009 at 06:07 AM.
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers

FORT Regular

It'll be interesting to see if Chris responds to the several people who have asked about the breakup on twitter. His last tweet was a reply to someone asking if Byron and Mary had set a wedding date and if Molly was really moving to Seattle. His answer was yes, to both questions.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Kicks;3648979;
    Great post. Why is it that Jillian is having to make all the sacrifices for this relationship? That is very telling. The guy is the one who should be doing this, especially when they haven't known each other for very long.
    You have to factor in money in this equation. Jilly may get a big bonus as per her contract if she scores a gig on specific shows. So it may be those shows and those $$$ opportunities she is considering rather than Edge specifically.
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by lucky181;3649010;
    It'll be interesting to see if Chris responds to the several people who have asked about the breakup on twitter. His last tweet was a reply to someone asking if Byron and Mary had set a wedding date and if Molly was really moving to Seattle. His answer was yes, to both questions.
    Hope Mary can manage to stay out of jail until her wedding day.
    It occurs to me now that Jason is no longer the 'most-hated bachelor in bachelor history'. He must be relieved, only I am sure he would have preferred that it was not at Jilly's expense.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky181;3649010;
    It'll be interesting to see if Chris responds to the several people who have asked about the breakup on twitter.
    Historically, he has just ignored those types of questions.

FORT Fan

Its "official" now.. she broke up with Ed in Las Vegas..

Harris was to have had dinner at the restaurant Lavo at the Palazzo Resort in Las Vegas with Swiderski, but instead dropped the bombshell on him.

I knew this was going to happen...poor Jillian.. she saw it to late..its her own fault..

Quote Originally Posted by Parasolpink;3649014;
    You have to factor in money in this equation. Jilly may get a big bonus as per her contract if she scores a gig on specific shows. So it may be those shows and those $$$ opportunities she is considering rather than Edge specifically.
    But she said that her main priority was her relationship with Ed and she would decline any business opportunity that would get in the way of that.

If her financial opportunities are in Canada why would she stay in the States?

ETA: sclilred1 great post.
    Last edited by 4Kicks; 08-08-2009 at 06:32 AM.

Gee, I'm glad to finally learn the truth from sdl about the machinations of the producers during the filming.
    Especially very surprising and revealing to me is that the producers gave Ed the rope in which he hung himself - and at the time, Ed didn't have a clue!
    The producers gave in to Ed's demands to use his computers - for work purposes - and then what does Ed do?
    He starts texting love messages to his two girlfriends in Chicago and sexting them.
    Now there is proof, and the producers have Ed where they want him.
    Now the girlfriends were coerced by the producers to go public against their own wishes.
    I wonder when Ed started to know about all this.
    Did his girlfriends text him, warning him that all this was going to become public knowledge?
    Probably, prior to taping the FRC, Ed did not know.......
    Poor Jillian.
    I wish all this would have been conveyed to Jillian during the filming.
    You know - she might have even picked Wes!
    Now that we know a lot of the story - Wes is not such a bad guy after all - and Jillian had been very attracted to him too and, you know........"love it don't come easy".
    Marti

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Mozart;3649037;
    You know - she might have even picked Wes!
    Now that we know a lot of the story - Wes is not such a bad guy after all - and Jillian had been very attracted to him too and, you know........"love it don't come easy".
    Wes is an even worse player than Ed, and you think Jillian would choose him? You saw what happened the last day wes was on the show..

Quote Originally Posted by Teamkip;3649022;
    Its "official" now.. she broke up with Ed in Las Vegas..

Harris was to have had dinner at the restaurant Lavo at the Palazzo Resort in Las Vegas with Swiderski, but instead dropped the bombshell on him.

I knew this was going to happen...poor Jillian.. she saw it to late..its her own fault..
    I read that report on the alphabet board too.....but is it true?
    Did ABC or Jillian herself confirm this?
    I'm really sad for Jillian, but at the same time, relieved for her.
    Jillian could never find happiness with this jerk and player.

I also had been mad and crazy about Ed from watching him on the show.
    The Ed I saw was an illusion.
    I didn't see the real Ed.
    Jillian has said a few times on the show that she has no tolerence for a boyfriend betraying her - being unfaithful to her - and that infidelity would be cause for a break-up.
    With Ed, Jillian had experienced a rare "love at first sight" happening, so when the terrible truth about Ed hit her, she was so shocked, and she hesitated about breaking up with him.

Jillian was temporarily not being the old, independent Jillian who would not be a doormat if she were betrayed.
    Now, Jillian is waking up and smelling the coffee.
    She realizes she could not have a happy, fulfilling relationship and marriage with a man whom she is unable to trust.

Part of Jillian wants to lean on a man and have him take care of her - to have that feeling of security and trust:
    "big hunky Ed" Jillian sighed, as she took a "leap of faith" and dived blissfully into that swimming pool in Los Angeles - it seems like eons ago - and fell contentedly into Ed's strong, protective arms.
    Has it really been confirmed by a reliable source that Jillian and Ed have broken up?
    Marti

Closed Thread