Closed Thread
Page 53 of 624 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103153553 ... LastLast

Thread: Ed - Bachelorette 5

avgmama

Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Go--oooo 'Artsy" call a spade a spade. I never cease to be amazed at the lengths desperate people will go to to put down the bachelor who wasn't their favorite! If Ed had a gf before the show, he either broke up with her right before the show or when he came home because he was falling in love with Jillian. May the ex just couldn't accept it and wanted to create some waves for him. These rumors about being banned from a bar are ludicrous! Grow up and be happy that Jillian has found her true love!

Quote Originally Posted by avgmama;3611423;
    Go--oooo 'Artsy" call a spade a spade. I never cease to be amazed at the lengths desperate people will go to to put down the bachelor who wasn't their favorite! If Ed had a gf before the show, he either broke up with her right before the show or when he came home because he was falling in love with Jillian. May the ex just couldn't accept it and wanted to create some waves for him. These rumors about being banned from a bar are ludicrous! Grow up and be happy that Jillian has found her true love!

True love? For Jillian's sake I hope so but all the odds are against it.

I think the rumors are a shame b/c I think it clouded a lot of people's judgement about Ed. I see a true love story between them. Ed gets Jill and she gets Ed. It is a great combo for me - neither is perfect and they want the same things in life.

I am willing to bet that Ed met Jilly and everything else in his life seemed to pale in comparison. He realized that and decided not to let anything stand between him and his girl!!

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3611535;
    I think the rumors are a shame b/c I think it clouded a lot of people's judgement about Ed. I see a true love story between them. Ed gets Jill and she gets Ed. It is a great combo for me - neither is perfect and they want the same things in life.

I am willing to bet that Ed met Jilly and everything else in his life seemed to pale in comparison. He realized that and decided not to let anything stand between him and his girl!!
    Well said Cape! I actually didn't start watching this season until Ed's 1-on-1 date because I was in Europe (I was actually in Barcelona a few days after Wes and Jillian, ha) and my DVR didn't record the first few episodes for some reason. Anyway, I promised myself I wouldn't read the boards until I saw all the episodes on my DVR, which turned out to be that one and only episode . So, my initial impressions of Ed were untainted and I clearly had no favorite because I didn't even know who was on the show!

When I witnessed Jillian and Ed's date, I immediately thought this guy has it in the bag. They showed mutual attraction, laughter, trust, and a lot of romantic background music to boot. Then when watching the rest of that episode, very few other guys stood out to me and I didn't even notice Reid!

Reading the boards this season made me question my judgment and sanity. It took some fun out of the show at the expense of finding out the outcome a bit sooner. I guess that's what I get for being the curious cat. I'm just glad Jillian seems to be truly happy

very well put

Well said, Cape.

I think it's been a wonderful season. I think everyone got their money's worth no matter which guy they prefer. They really do show that Jillian has feelings for all of her f3 even though she's only in love with one. I think the love story is with Ed but can't fault anyone who disagrees however I don't think anyone should begrudge Jillian following her heart.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3609086;
    Bingo! And coming from the man's perspective! You are absolutely right. When the right person comes along, things just fall into place easier and it does feel "perfect". Ed acts like he is discovering love for the first time in his life and he is like a moonstruck puppy. Awwwww . . . .

I think you/I have already discussed that I also feel that much went on in the mansion that we obviously are not going to see. Hence, the producers didn't want us to see either! The kids fell in love, pure and simple . . . how you going to keep them apart!
    My children gave me a book of questions to answer so there would be a record for our grand children of our story. Writing about these things really was the last thing I would be able to do. That was a job for my dear bride. She was the most creative person I know especially at writing. Unfortunatly she is not able to do those things today. I became motivated by the Jason & Molly story and have started writing a book for the family. Thru chapter 3 is complete. I'm taking this season off for time away from that but will start up again next week.

The bolded part got me thinking (again) aboot (in Jilly terms) the 'Love don't come easy' theme. Certainly watching this season could be compared to an Episode of WipeOut. Nooone has had to jump more hurdles in this franchise's history than Jillian. But MiniDiva is correct, 'things just fall into place easier and it does feel "perfect"'.

I'm going to go back tonight and rewatch the HTD's for more examples. Three examples I recall are Eve telling Jillian that you should not have to work for your happiness, i.e. it should be easy. Rick told her this should be easy when discussing falling in love. Now we have Glen's advice to Jillian about getting engaged. In essence he approved an engagement but cautioned her that after this show which takes you from 0 to 60 in a very short time an engagement should be saying: I like you even Love you, let's try this out and after a year if we both feel the same let's get married. I like hearing the parental advice as I have children this age. And I agree with the parents.

Let's now tie that into our F3 and Jillian's interview on LA TV this week.
    Kip came to the commitment party a little late but as Eve advised it was easy. Reid will propose but it could never be described as easy. Then there is the one and only new and improved a little nerdy but always fun invisible bachelor Ed. As his father said it should be easy and it really was. I know your going to ask - but what about his leaving? During that short period both Ed and Jillian learned just how much they cared about each other. The HTD was all he missed and he made it easy with his parents in Hawaii. The invisible bachelor has been the first last and only bachelor to make a commitment to her so far.

The TV interviewer asked Jillian what she learned and her response was that she is attracted to 'Alpha males who are unable to commit', interesting. Jillian is not permitted to tell anyone who she is in LOVE with until 21 hours 55 minutes into this season. That's the final 5 minutes (Brilliant).

One theory I have about why she took Ed back after leaving was that he then passed a test none of the others took in Jillian's mind. Jillian and Melissa are very good friends. Jillian in an interview before the season said that both she and Melissa talked about how neither of them could figure out why they fell for Jason after being away from the show only a week or so. Ed spent about 2 weeks away. I don't know the circumstances around how he got back. Maybe TPTB wanted him back or Jillian requested he come back or Ed himself wanted to come back. He had a contract with Next Entertainment so they could have insisted he come back. That covers Jillian wanting him back too. Ed's no actor but his behavior indicated he really wanted to be back and Jillian's accepting him was one of pure excitement. Also she feared with the last man standing what it would have been if the invisible bachelor Ed had been there.

I still think we a being shown a true LOVE STORY with Jillian and the Invisible Bachelor ED.

ITA. Been there! Done that!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by niks21;3611592;
    Well said Cape! I actually didn't start watching this season until Ed's 1-on-1 date because I was in Europe (I was actually in Barcelona a few days after Wes and Jillian, ha) and my DVR didn't record the first few episodes for some reason. Anyway, I promised myself I wouldn't read the boards until I saw all the episodes on my DVR, which turned out to be that one and only episode . So, my initial impressions of Ed were untainted and I clearly had no favorite because I didn't even know who was on the show!

When I witnessed Jillian and Ed's date, I immediately thought this guy has it in the bag. They showed mutual attraction, laughter, trust, and a lot of romantic background music to boot. Then when watching the rest of that episode, very few other guys stood out to me and I didn't even notice Reid!

Reading the boards this season made me question my judgment and sanity. It took some fun out of the show at the expense of finding out the outcome a bit sooner. I guess that's what I get for being the curious cat. I'm just glad Jillian seems to be truly happy
    niks21, I was also missed the first few episodes of this season Ė I too was in Europe (Italy) for a few weeks and then watched the first 4 episodes unspoiled. After seeing the sparks on their 1 on 1 date, and then Jillís surprisingly emotional reaction to Edís departure, it was obvious to me that this was the love story of the season. Once Ed returned and set out to win her heart, the game was over. Iím pretty sure Jill set her mind on him right there and then.

Iíve thoroughly enjoyed watching Jill/Ed story play out Ė these two really warm my romantic heart. Yeah I'm such a sap. I like that they showed a more complex and multi-dimensional leading man in Ed Ė a somewhat flawed and very private man, who admirably went outside of his comfort zone to win the woman of his dreams. I find him genuine and endearing - really a good match for Jill. These two relate on a complete different level than the other two so I was puzzled why more on this board didnít see it. It seems many people had already pegged Reid as the winner early on, even before the season aired, and then never swayed from that view. Of course, all the silly Ed rumors didnít help either. Too bad, because they sure missed out on a wonderful love story.

Quote Originally Posted by moreChocolate;3612023;
    niks21, I was also missed the first few episodes of this season – I too was in Europe (Italy) for a few weeks and then watched the first 4 episodes unspoiled. After seeing the sparks on their 1 on 1 date, and then Jill’s surprisingly emotional reaction to Ed’s departure, it was obvious to me that this was the love story of the season. Once Ed returned and set out to win her heart, the game was over. I’m pretty sure Jill set her mind on him right there and then.

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed watching Jill/Ed story play out – these two really warm my romantic heart. Yeah I'm such a sap. I like that they showed a more complex and multi-dimensional leading man in Ed – a somewhat flawed and very private man, who admirably went outside of his comfort zone to win the woman of his dreams. I find him genuine and endearing - really a good match for Jill. These two relate on a complete different level than the other two so I was puzzled why more on this board didn’t see it. It seems many people had already pegged Reid as the winner early on, even before the season aired, and then never swayed from that view. Of course, all the silly Ed rumors didn’t help either. Too bad, because they sure missed out on a wonderful love story.
    To me these folks picked the one they liked for themselves and stuck with that. They hated Ed for leaving. They lost the perspective of watching Jillian's interaction with the men and especially only consider what we are shown on the show. Sometimes while sluething and finding spoilers you will uncover things you don't like about someone but it never matters if it is not shown on the show itself. You must watch and understand Jillian and her values and perspective to figure out who F1 will be. You must stick to the facts as presented in the show and public interviews alone. I have seen what I would describe as a lot of creatie writing not sleuthing and finding spoilers.

I wrote several posts this week in this thread. TPTB continue the massive and elaborate media blitz uncovering the one and only new and improved only a little nerdy but always fun invisible bachelor ED. My Tuesday morning post talked about that and nothing has changed so far this week.
    Last edited by eowenc; 07-25-2009 at 03:38 PM.

Closed Thread