Closed Thread

Thread: Ed - Bachelorette 5

FORT Newbie

Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by dancerljb;3647391;
    I don't think many people have truly encountered a real con artist/pathological liar in life and can't possibly understand how convincing and seductive they are. It has NOTHING to do with being smart and it doesn't necessarily make one naive to fall victim. There are people in this world who are very, very good at manipulating others and distorting reality. They can truly make you question your own perception of reality and doubt your own sanity. I think it is something like 4% of the population who have this kind of pathology. While we may have all experienced the "frat boy" at one time, I think fortunately most of us have been spared dealing with a true pathological liar.

I feel for Jillian and it bothers me that people are calling her stupid and naive. She is neither. She is a lovely, intelligent woman with normal self esteem issues. As a normal, well adjusted person, she gives others the benefit of the doubt and assumes they are living in the same reality. It infuriates me to read all the comments about her low self esteem and neediness -- What woman in today's society has never had any self esteem issues? I would love to meet her.

I hope for Jill's sake, that Ed does not fall into this category, although personal experience leads me to believe otherwise. Believe me when I say that dealing with this kind of person is not easy -- it is very confusing at best because they are very good at what they do. It is hard for most of us to grasp that because it is so outside the norm. I believe that Lindsey and Bethany are also intelligent women that had no idea what they were dealing with at the time. I think they all deserve a break and not be judged on how they did or didn't handle the situation. Everyday rules don't apply when dealing with this kind of person. In exposing Ed, they may have done many women a favor. He is going to have to go into witness protection when Jill leaves him and then who is he going to date???

I've been lurking all this season and last, and had to come out of hiding to say this is an awesome post. There have been so many posts flying around that have been insulting the intelligence of Jillian, Lindsey & Bethany. I was in a relationship for 16 years (married to him for over 10 years) to a man very much like Ed appears to be (if the allegations are correct), and I believe he certainly fit in that 4% of the population. Having been through the experience, I can tell you that someone who is a pathological liar, sociopathic & narcissistic can make you believe anything, not matter how smart you are (I graduated with high honors from both high school and college, and my IQ has tested well above average). When they're done mindf**k*ng you, red flags are white! At least I finally got him out of my life, and haven't looked back. I just hope if that is the case with Ed, it doesn't take Jillian that long. What's scariest for me, is I was rooting for Ed to be F1!

Anyway - just wanted to add this and say a quick thanks to all the amazing sleuthers out there. I love this board! And now I'm going back into hiding..........

FORT Regular

I just watched myfoxphilly 10:00 news and they reported that they confirm that Jill dumped Ed. Of course, it's a repeat of what's on their website, but I would have thought that someone would tell them it wasn't true if they are still together.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3648252;
    This is funny, in a stupid kind of way, but I have a dog - the biggest, dumbest, laziest fat slob I've ever known - named Ed. And he never waits to get to the park to pee - he does it on the sidewalk!! I hate that about him.
    I'm not kidding here....I think God has punished me for watching this show.
    You may be right.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky181;3648279;
    I just watched myfoxphilly 10:00 news and they reported that they confirm that Jill dumped Ed. Of course, it's a repeat of what's on their website, but I would have thought that someone would tell them it wasn't true if they are still together.
    - Avalon
    I can't bring myself to water these birch trees or believe in them.

SDL -- Have you heard anything from your sources about Jillian and Ed breaking up? If they do -- or rather, when they do break up...when would you hear about it...before the media right?

That being said on local news channel makes me think it's for real. My sister lives in Philly and said they report the news and are not a tabloid type station but the local Fox channel news. She said they are not known to 'run with rumors' and put it on their nightly news. They also had that Billy Mays had cocaine, Xanax and other drugs in his system.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3648252;
    This is funny, in a stupid kind of way, but I have a dog - the biggest, dumbest, laziest fat slob I've ever known - named Ed. And he never waits to get to the park to pee - he does it on the sidewalk!! I hate that about him.
    I'm not kidding here....I think God has punished me for watching this show.
    Or, god was prescient( can you make a verb out of a noun?)

addison h.

Quote Originally Posted by Patti2620;3648307;
    That being said on local news channel makes me think it's for real. My sister lives in Philly and said they report the news and are not a tabloid type station but the local Fox channel news. She said they are not known to 'run with rumors' and put it on their nightly news. They also had that Billy Mays had cocaine, Xanax and other drugs in his system.
    so I'm guessing they did like a celebrity news block and used Jillian's story to pad it out so it wouldn't just be the Billy mays story. I just can't get over how bizarre it is that a local Fox affiliate is breaking a national story about a reality star from a show on ABC -- SOOOOO weird.

I feel like a kid on Christmas morning!!!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by GAGIRLHOOKED;3648319;
    I feel like a kid on Christmas morning!!!
    Me too, best present ever, Jillian dumping Ed and kicking him to the curb! Hurray for Jilly!

Closed Thread