Closed Thread

Thread: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;3648088;
    I believe you are right. The way he led Jillian back to Ed during their chat on that sofa, while Reid was waiting for her decision, was telling. He's charming, articulate and slick. He has always towed the company line.
    Even if he hadn't done that....c'mon, how can he not know??
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3648048;
    So true.
    I read the comments from some people about how it's a personal choice, private between 2 people (except for the 10 million viewers they invited to the engagement), or.....everyone has a past (uh, "bring the beer and condoms" a day after you're engaged isn't exactly ancient history) - and I wonder if we as a society have lost our minds.
    The Bachelor was created as vehicle to allow us to get lost for a couple of hours a week in cute, funny people experiencing the wonder of falling in love. But it didn't work because you can't fill a room with 25-30 strangers and take them on helicopter rides with sloshing wine glasses for a few weeks and expect real love to develop. Marriage should mean more than that.
    So instead, they faked the love and created drama - the booze, the fights, the deceptions, all the things we hate about relationships - to keep us watching.
    I'm as much to blame as anyone, but shame on us.
    the problems come into play when you snoop out all the scoop. You(including me) learn things about the program,the players that no one sees by just watching this play. By looking behind the curtain we all fall down the rabbit hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3648085;
    When was Ed on GMA?
    Roughly 8:15am on Wednesday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by J Jabber;3648037;
    Also Re: sdl's post about ABC "being challenged by a weak cast..."

Jillian was beloved by the viewers, but she was not the first choice. Perception? Weaker than their intended, Melissa.

Most of the guys were selected with Melissa in mind. Weak cast might refer to the fact that initially there were slim hopes of a match going in. So, they added five guys to up the odds.
    I agree! Jilly and Mel are very different types of women.
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3648109;
    He gave such a half-hearted performance and he was so checked out while she was speaking that it was completely forgettable that he was there. He did manage to deny the rumors and to claim the whole thing was not at all scripted.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Parasolpink;3648111;
    I agree! Jilly and Mel are very different types of women.
    Truer words...I would love to see Ed cheat on someone like Melissa.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3648109;
    TY. So Jill said she wasn't doing any more interviews and it appears she did another one yesterday morning. She changers her story a lot.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by J Jabber;3648072;
    I'm afraid Jillian has opened herself up to even more criticism. I kinda doubt women of any nationality would view her response to Ed's behavior as being "normal." Mike Fleiss does see the cheating scandal as normal, but he's barely human and certainly not remotely in tune with what normal women want.

What this article says to me is that Jillian genuinely has a different take on committed relationships than most of her gender. She really does see all of this as okay. She views Ed's behavior as understandable, appropriate and acceptable, merely because he explained it all to her. It's like she truly believes that, "Boys will be boys." I wonder where this bizarre perspective originated in her life. It's hard to grasp and it's sad.

ITA, and now I feel dead inside. Blech.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by JustHereInOhio;3648106;
    It's because it didn't bother her.

I stated all of this in the beginning of the season, but everyone (NOT everyone, but a lot or most)on here CALLED me a LIAR, said I did not know what I was talking about, I found out fast just how much people KNOW about someone that they DO NOT know and how much someone who DOES know the person in question really DON't know) - They said David was mean, wife beater, abuser ect...
    Well better summary - It did not go down like TPTB showed us.
    Alot of that was editing. about 2/3 weeks before David had to return for MTA he had found out that Jillian (Yes, Jillian) was in on a couple of these. Like the kissing sceen (bits taken from a 2 hour conversation) and the slapping on her butt scene, I think there was another scene but I can't remember it now. David had said after the M&G that they (he & Jillian) knew they were not into each other on that level but they liked each other and got along well - they were buddies, they just had good fun WHEN they got to hang out. He was a little shocked when he found this out. He did think they were friends.
    He also told me what a good guy Wes was. Down to earth, good ole boy.
    who have remained in contact and have hooked up a couple times since: David, Wes, Robbie, little Mikey(yep thats what they call him), Tanner P.
    biggest fakes in the house: Jake and Reid - and then everyone wonders why they were not picked??

ALWAYS remember - we DO NOT see or know everything that goes on here other than they keep the alcohol flowing.... That is the only TRUTH that we see on this show!!
    I thought in Dave's conference call/exit interview that he named Reid and Kiptyn as the two that he thought would be F1. Does Dave specifically not like Reid? Have you talked to Dave?

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3648113;
    He gave such a half-hearted performance and he was so checked out while she was speaking that it was completely forgettable that he was there. He did manage to deny the rumors and to claim the whole thing was not at all scripted.
    I know I've already said this but I absolutely cannot get over the fact that he let a hysterical and clearly unstable Jillian rant on and on and on while he did nothing but sit there. She should be the one sitting there in silence and he should be outraged. It's pathetic. What happened to always being there for her and always taking care of her, Ed? Disgusting.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Closed Thread