Closed Thread

Thread: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by addison h.;3648035;
    I totally buy pretty much every cupcakes says! but it's weird that myfoxphilly would bother to break news like this if they weren't sure. I mean they're just a local news affiliate (granted one in the top 5 but still) it's not like they're in the gossip business. And it's not like they don't have other stories to focus on today - plus it's a Friday. No one breaks anything on a Friday if they don't have to... weird... really... weird.
    It's also the lead story on their website. I mean, really, that's the top story on a Philadelphia television channel's website??

Very strange.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3648048;
    So true.
    I read the comments from some people about how it's a personal choice, private between 2 people (except for the 10 million viewers they invited to the engagement), or.....everyone has a past (uh, "bring the beer and condoms" a day after you're engaged isn't exactly ancient history) - and I wonder if we as a society have lost our minds.
    The Bachelor was created as vehicle to allow us to get lost for a couple of hours a week in cute, funny people experiencing the wonder of falling in love. But it didn't work because you can't fill a room with 25-30 strangers and take them on helicopter rides with sloshing wine glasses for a few weeks and expect real love to develop. Marriage should mean more than that.
    So instead, they faked the love and created drama - the booze, the fights, the deceptions, all the things we hate about relationships - to keep us watching.
    I'm as much to blame as anyone, but shame on us.
    So true..remember the old "Dating Game" show..now something like that would be great and then follow them on a date and see where it goes from there. Of course, now that would be boring after all the Fleiss drama. Sadly, shock and sensationalism sells more than kindness and love.

FORT Fogey

Is Ed a junior or a third?

So true.
    I read the comments from some people about how it's a personal choice, private between 2 people (except for the 10 million viewers they invited to the engagement), or.....everyone has a past (uh, "bring the beer and condoms" a day after you're engaged isn't exactly ancient history) - and I wonder if we as a society have lost our minds.
    The Bachelor was created as vehicle to allow us to get lost for a couple of hours a week in cute, funny people experiencing the wonder of falling in love. But it didn't work because you can't fill a room with 25-30 strangers and take them on helicopter rides with sloshing wine glasses for a few weeks and expect real love to develop. Marriage should mean more than that.
    So instead, they faked the love and created drama - the booze, the fights, the deceptions, all the things we hate about relationships - to keep us watching.
    I have to reluctantly agree with you. I think we have lost our minds, me included, for hanging on this drama. I think I would like it even without all the drama, but you may be right. I don't like people getting hurt, but here I am with everyone else...sympathy/empathy for Jillian, but really just hoping for a happy ending! But continuing to hang on and watch and listen to someone's life go up in flames (for the short term if that is what happens). Too philosophical for tonight. I hope it all works out for the best for Jillian.

I totally take credit for giving the bus that runs over these people its wheels. I don't know what's wrong with me....

(I AM still working on a patch for it...)
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Mozart;3648052;
    Hi sdl,
    Thanks very much for your enlightening posts!
    I wonder how much Chris Harrison was "in the know" about all this concerning Ed.
    I'm wondering why Chris didn't warn Jillian about Ed.
    I know that Chris is a "yes" man for ABC, and he has to play by the company's rules.
    When Jillian came to him for advice....even though he probably knew about Ed, I suppose that he had no other choice than to tell Jillian to "follow your heart"....."Pick whom you wanted this morning when you woke up (before this business with Reid)".
    How much do you think Chris knew about Ed during the filming?
    Truthfully, and this may not be popular, but I think Chris knew everything.
    He is the worst kind of corporate shill, bragging about his insider status when it makes him look cool, and acting clueless when it furthers the plot.
    The devil (Fleiss) comes adorned in a handsome set of clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3646560;
    Bamabrain, if you're still reading the thread: If I had moments of weakness during the latter part of the season that it could still be legit, they were quashed, and I'm hoping to be "forgiven," lol. I'm also hoping I'm still invited to your "It's.Only.Fiction" party next season, lol. (And your avatar is HILARIOUS!)
    All's forgiven, M'dear. But hey . . . I still have a leopard skin ensemble from Matt's and Shayne's season, and I DO want to wear it to a Bach/'ette wedding.

Again, I propose a FORT dirty martini summit in Vegas. We can slug back some drinks, urinate in public, and shoot a FORT Farts video to post on youtube. Whatcha say? Group hug?

Hi sdl,
    I've read post from many fans on the boards, and I get the impression that the overwhelming majority of "Bachelor" and "Bachelorette" fans (the majority of whom are women) want to see a real, genuine love story - not the intrigue or drama
    We need to get that across to the producers.....
    Marti

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3648017;
    I don't think it's real. She doesn't have a twitter either. Both she and Ed have FBs though. Ed under Edward Swiderski and Jill under Jilly Bean. Ed also has a Twitter, Windows Live and a Youtube account. That's all I know of their real online presence.
    Someone over at by had link to facebook page for jill. Had done photos and telling of jillweb sites coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Cailg;3648039;
    Maybe myfoxphilly's source has very up to the minute information?
    I've been gone all day, and am trying to read posts from 9am this morning... what happened? A Fox channel in Philly said they're broken up? But cupcakes says her info. makes her think otherwise, right?

My question would be why would a Philadelphia station get this scoop? Because of Reid being from there? So confused.

If it's true though, shouldn't take long for others to start confirming it.

Closed Thread