Closed Thread

Thread: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by addison h.;3648035;
    I totally buy pretty much every cupcakes says! but it's weird that myfoxphilly would bother to break news like this if they weren't sure. I mean they're just a local news affiliate (granted one in the top 5 but still) it's not like they're in the gossip business. And it's not like they don't have other stories to focus on today - plus it's a Friday. No one breaks anything on a Friday if they don't have to... weird... really... weird.
    Maybe myfoxphilly's source has very up to the minute information?

Historically Addicted lovemygirls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by addison h.;3648035;
    I totally buy pretty much every cupcakes says! but it's weird that myfoxphilly would bother to break news like this if they weren't sure. I mean they're just a local news affiliate (granted one in the top 5 but still) it's not like they're in the gossip business. And it's not like they don't have other stories to focus on today - plus it's a Friday. No one breaks anything on a Friday if they don't have to... weird... really... weird.
    Maybe their "source" knows something cupcakes doesn't.
    We need not think alike to love alike

Historically Addicted lovemygirls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J Jabber;3648037;
    Also Re: sdl's post about ABC "being challenged by a weak cast..."

Jillian was beloved by the viewers, but she was not the first choice. Perception? Weaker than their intended, Melissa.

Most of the guys were selected with Melissa in mind. Weak cast might refer to the fact that initially there were slim hopes of a match going in. So, they added five guys to up the odds.
    Very true and 2 of the F3 were from the last 5 added.
    We need not think alike to love alike

FORT Fogey

Breaking it on a Friday if it's true is pretty smart on Jill's part. If she let show know it's over I think they could have gone to Philly on purpose because Fleiss would want people to think of Reid and get a whole new bunch of rumors started.

Personally, I don't think they broke up yet and I don't think it will ever be at Jill's hands.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3648042;
    Breaking it on a Friday if it's true is pretty smart on Jill's part. If she let show know it's over I think they could have gone to Philly on purpose because Fleiss would want people to think of Reid and get a whole new bunch of rumors started.

Personally, I don't think they broke up yet and I don't think it will ever be at Jill's hands.
    You think she is that much of a glutton for punishment? I hope not.

Like a lot of other Forters, I want to thank SDL, Cheeky, and all the others who let us know what Ed was truly like and how TPTB operate this show. I never cared for Ed from the first and the reasons I did not like him fall into the type of character shown that we have heard from all the sources about him. He appeared sneaky, sleezy, low-class, dishonest, and just generally gave me the creeps. I truly hope Jillian does or has come to her senses and dumps his butt quickly. She is my favorite Bachelorette of all. I truly liked her better last season because she showed us how much fun she is and how personable and other than when she was with Reid I was not as fond of her this season. When she was with him she demonstrated the same personality as she showed us last season with Jason.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by g8rinATL;3648004;
    No offense intended to you personally, but why are you here if not to discuss them? I don't understand.
    So true.
    I read the comments from some people about how it's a personal choice, private between 2 people (except for the 10 million viewers they invited to the engagement), or.....everyone has a past (uh, "bring the beer and condoms" a day after you're engaged isn't exactly ancient history) - and I wonder if we as a society have lost our minds.
    The Bachelor was created as vehicle to allow us to get lost for a couple of hours a week in cute, funny people experiencing the wonder of falling in love. But it didn't work because you can't fill a room with 25-30 strangers and take them on helicopter rides with sloshing wine glasses for a few weeks and expect real love to develop. Marriage should mean more than that.
    So instead, they faked the love and created drama - the booze, the fights, the deceptions, all the things we hate about relationships - to keep us watching.
    I'm as much to blame as anyone, but shame on us.

Hi sdl,
    Thanks very much for your enlightening posts!
    I wonder how much Chris Harrison was "in the know" about all this concerning Ed.
    I'm wondering why Chris didn't warn Jillian about Ed.
    I know that Chris is a "yes" man for ABC, and he has to play by the company's rules.
    When Jillian came to him for advice....even though he probably knew about Ed, I suppose that he had no other choice than to tell Jillian to "follow your heart"....."Pick whom you wanted this morning when you woke up (before this business with Reid)".
    How much do you think Chris knew about Ed during the filming?
    Marti

Everytime the Jillian and Ed trainwreck gets back on track, it wrecks again. Unbelievable.

FORT Fanatic

Interesting tweet from Laura Saltman (Dish of Salt) who interviewed Jill some time ago:

Twitter, ur back! Oh I missed u. Had noone to tell when I ran into someone in NY who def did not wanted to be spotted. Ackward, party of 3.
    about 11 hours ago from mobile web

Reid was in NYC for his COSMO radio interview on Wed. Could Jill have flown in to NYC from Chicago?!?

Closed Thread