Closed Thread

Thread: Ed - Bachelorette 5

FORT Fanatic

Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by deidre1985;3647755;
    i hope Jillian flew back to Canada for some much-needed family time. I guess I missed the part where she told a newspaper that she talked to her dad and cried the entire time. She needs to be surrounded by friends and family, not in Vegas with Ed.

She really was not...what she said is she got "teared up" while talking to her dad. Just another media thing taking something said and expanding on it. And regardless of her choice(to leave or keep Ed.)...I think everybody would get teared up when talking to a beloved parent about something so very personal.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3643370;
    I don't consider myself an "Ed defender" more like someone who isn't emotionally involved in this entire fiasco, who likes to see all sides. If Ed did this, then guaranteed he's a jerk just like a lot of guys who treat women like playthings to be used and then discarded just as easily. I don't known about timelines of before and after engagement, so I can't really speak to that part of your post.

HOWEVER, it's suspicious to me that this Lindsay girl was this OK with her boyfriend (and you can't have it both ways...either he was her boyfriend, and they had a committed enough relationship that she figured she would be engaged by the end of the year OR they were pretty much friends with benefits) leaving her to do a reality tv show to find love. Never mind what the general public would say, what about their group of friends and acquaintances? Would anyone be so willing to have to explain to everyone why your guy (who apparently wasn't quite your guy since he had some other women's stuff at his place) was looking for love on television, when he has your love at home? Even if he said it was a joke and reassured her he wasn't going on the show in a serious attempt to find love, it's humiliating I would think that he would even consider it if you were in a relationship that appears to be serious enough to get engaged within months.

This girl was most likely scorned by him, absolutely, but questioning her part in all of this, that of driving him to the airport to take part in this show, doesn't mean people believe the guy is innocent. There are many of us who feel detached enough to see that everyone had a part to play in this fiasco. It's not fair to say we're 'blaming the women' rather than the guy. There's different levels of culpability, and yes I do believe these women do need to share some...I don't believe they went this public with it to "help" Jillian...they did it to get back at Ed in a hugely public way. If that's what they needed to do to feel better, so be it. I just hope it doesn't impact them further because sometimes these things have a way of ruining lives (just look at Jon and Kate) and unfortunately it doesn't matter whether the lives it ruins are innocent, guilty, or perhaps somewhere in between...this kind of scrutiny can be very damaging to all concerned. For their sakes I hope this thing dies down quickly.

So please, what I'm trying to say is don't assume that if someone doesn't wholeheartedly jump on the Ed-hate bandwagon, they are excusing bad behaviour or blaming the victims. It's never good to paint everyone with such a broad brush.
    ITA
    Regarding the bolded - You hit the nail on the head. This is what I have been saying all along.

It has been said MORE than ONCE that Ed and L were OLD college friends. KNOWN (NOT dated) each other for 7-8 years. They were (maybe still) buds, they hung out in the same places with the SAME GROUP of friends.

IMO - L knew exactly what she was doing - she was HELPING a friend by driving her friend to the airport so he could pursue and pull his joke off!!

I really do hope in the end that MAYBE Ed did fall a little for Jillian -yes, I am one who wants to see and believes in a love story. So sue me -
    me and my husband knew after about 2 1/2 months this was IT.. This is who I was going to spend the reat of my life with and we MOVED in together.
    It has now been 16 years!!

Quote Originally Posted by lavender1960;3647930;
    Could that not be a sign that they think they can milk it for one more issue?
    If the break up stuff turns out to be true I imagine we'll see more of it for sure. I doubt they'll be able to resist tooting their own horn.

Quote Originally Posted by g8rinATL;3647648;
    I'd love to see ALL of them on Dr. P - can you imagine? With an open invite to any and all of the other women who Ed has wronged...wow
    Well you know Dr. Phil would be incredulous that Jillian is so accepting and in terms of what Ed's rationaliziations - what is one of his favourite phrases, that dog don't hunt

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer24;3646830;
    Not standing up for Ed, but in my experience "proof" doesn't mean anything. The media has gotten really lazy about verifying facts these days.

There was a recent scandel with a girl who faked a whole pregnancy blog about her sick baby. She had people sending her things for the baby, a little bit of money, she sold t-shirts as a fundraiser. Turns out the whole pregnancy was a hoax, there was never any baby.

The articles that were written about her were full of inconsistencies and truly false information. The journalists just didn't take the time to verify facts at all and took people at their word. Since then I've been much more leary about just believing what I read in the media.
    I'm not saying that the journalists in the US article didn't verify; I don't know. But the point being made here is a good one. With the demise of so many hard copy newspapers and huge reductions in staffs for those remaining for online versions, I know far, far less investigative reporting is going on. A journalist friend and I were just discussing this very thing.

In some ways, I look at folks like sdl, jlccaz, cheeky (and a few others) as our FORT reporters. They have taken the time to investigate. They've used their sources and have not reported here until facts have been checked and verified. I'm very, very grateful for that.

Quote Originally Posted by cupcakes;3647949;
    Sorry. I can't. As of now, I believe they are still "together"...what happens a week from now? or a month from now? I have no clue.

Honestly, I think if I was in her shoes I would spend some time with family and friends and think everything through. I still think she is best bachelorette we have ever had, even though she didn't pick my fave. Hope she is doing okay. Hugs Jillian!
    Thanks cupcakes, she's my fav. too. I support her decision either way!

Sorry. I can't. As of now, I believe they are still "together"...what happens a week from now? or a month from now? I have no clue.

Honestly, I think if I was in her shoes I would spend some time with family and friends and think everything through. I still think she is best bachelorette we have ever had, even though she didn't pick my fave. Hope she is doing okay. Hugs Jillian!
    Thanks, cupcakes, I totally understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Flori da;3647682;
    Jillian fell in love with a guy that basically didn't exist. [B]Ed is not who he portrayed himself to be on the show. He left for reasons other than work. He basically lied to her the whole time[/B.

Never mind the ex girlfriends themselves, he lied to her on the show itself. That alone is grounds to kick him to the curb. And if admitted he lied about certain things during the show, how could you trust anything else he said?

FORT Fogey

Agreed. IF this isn't true I hope she goes home to Canada and spends some time on her own turf surrounded by loved ones and takes some time to clear her head away from Ed.

FORT Fogey

I just can't see her breaking up with him or this soon. I would think he'd dump her not him just given how much she's dug her heels in.

Closed Thread