Closed Thread

Thread: Ed - Bachelorette 5

FORT Newbie

Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by cupcakes;3647863;
    I don't think the article is accurate IMO. Just from things I have heard, I do not believe they have broken up.
    Thanks. I trust your post.

Quote Originally Posted by cfck2222;3647810;
    Interesting.

Well they have a specific detail with the restaurant. But does a canceled date necessarily mean Jillian's dumped Ed?

It's also strange how they refer to the US Weekly article as one that will appear on Friday. Today is Friday and the article's already out.

How did My Fox Philly get a source close to the situation? Insert joke here about the source being Reid

Never mind, just read CUPCAKES' post....
    <---------- I post so I can see more of him

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3647879;
    I would rely on Cupcakes before myfoxphilly...ALAS!
    Oh, poop!! Oh, well!!

Quote Originally Posted by mnmhughes;3647860;
    Can you even imagine how she must be feeling? It's one thing to find out your fiance is a lying cad in private, but for the whole world to know? Talk about humiliation! And I'm sure Ed isn't feeling so hot either. And their families? It's really heartbreaking.

Maybe this will help weed out the losers who want to come on The Bachelor/Bachelorette from now on?
    Nope. There are always people who think it will not happen to me.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pavalygurl;3647883;
    How about " Now you make all women proud!"
    I vote for this one.

They may not have broken up now, but I really think it is just a matter of time.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3646742;
    I had a conversation last night with the person I most trust to tell me what happened in the production of this show. Much of it is a repeat of what I've been saying for the last 2 months, but it is consistent and confirming, and I think it helps to put it all together in one place. These are not my opinions, but what i was told, and the language chosen is generally his and not mine.
    Please forgive me if I number my paragraphs, but it helps me to keep the points in order:
    1. Ed represented himself to be someone who was a cut above the other contestants. He wanted concessions from the producers that were not allowed for the other contestants, including computer access because of the nature of his work, and guarantees on payment and how he would be treated.
    The producers resented the demands from the start but they were having difficulty assembling a cast so the rules were bent.
    2. Ed never really clicked with the other guys in the house. His sense of entitlement and aloofness not only got under the skin of the producers, but also the other contestants. He didn't have a lot of friends, but Jillian liked him from the start.
    3. Ed went to the producers early on and said he had personal issues to deal with at home. He did talk about his job but that didn't seem to be the crux of what was really bothering him. Ultimately, the producers learned that he had relationships back at home that had to be cleared up if he was to continue on. The overriding concern at this point was that Ed had girlfriends in Chicago who could ruin the production if they went public with what they knew during filming.
    4. Ed was allowed to leave, using the work excuse, but the clear direction was to clean up his personal business and be back in 2 weeks. Ed's idea of cleaning up personal business was to sleep with 2-3 girls while he was home, but he did come back on schedule.
    5. Wes was a stereotypical Texan with a loose tongue, and a "I don't give a sh*t" attitude, so they used him as the foil to deflect any Ed rumors. It was the perfect diversion. And they kept that edit for as long as it suited them.
    6. When Ed came back, things were even worse. He told these lies about being at a rodeo in Texas, told the girls he loved them, and it was just stupid. He was nailed. But the producers owned him now - because they had all of his dirty secrets. Time to revise the script for a really big finale.
    I've heard that Ed is a smart guy, that he's successful, that he's obviously good at his job - we don't know that and I've never heard any of that from ABC (he was a Microsoft salesman for 4 months - how "married to his job could he be? He was expendable).
    The producers thought he was an idiot, a jerk, arrogant and stupid about it. A poser. And he had fatal flaws that would be great for the show.
    7. The producers gave him enough rope to hang himself. They let him email and text away, while encouraging poor needy Jillian to take him - boozing them up so they'd think it was love......and the rest you know.
    ABC tipped off the tabloids. The girls were badgered until they agreed to go public, but it was all a part of the plan.
    8. ABC considers this to be one of the best endings ever. They were really challenged by a weak cast and the expectations generate by the Mesnick debacle, but they love it. They made lemonade out of lemons.
    Those are the facts.
    I'm late in catching up today, but I don't doubt a word of what you've written. Many thanks for your integrity.

FORT Fanatic

I don't think the article is accurate IMO. Just from things I have heard, I do not believe they have broken up.
    Cupcakes: What can you share with us?

Cupcakes, can you give us an idea of "what you've heard"..not your source. Thanks.
    Patti

Quote Originally Posted by pavalygurl;3647883;
    How about " Now you make all women proud!"
    She actually said she wanted to make the {Canadian} viewers proud, but either way I'll take it.
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers

Originally Posted by sdl
    I had a conversation last night with the person I most trust to tell me what happened in the production of this show. Much of it is a repeat of what I've been saying for the last 2 months, but it is consistent and confirming, and I think it helps to put it all together in one place. These are not my opinions, but what i was told, and the language chosen is generally his and not mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by J Jabber;3647912;
    I don't doubt a word of what you've written. Many thanks for your integrity.
    Ditto sdl!

Closed Thread