Closed Thread

Thread: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3647773;
    First, I know NOTHING about what's really going on. Just a guess-er like you. But since they are in Vegas, we could make a bet.

2-3 weeks. That seems about right, even here on Friday. They need time to sort out contract arrangements for the next TV gigs, if any.

How about you? A TV relationship can't survive this IMO.

Jason/Molly survived because post filming they actually were obsessively longing for one another, so the post Reunion media circus brought them together. That gave them confidence in the sincerity of one another's emotions.

Ed/Jillian? I don't think there was ever enough "there" "there" with these two to withstand something like this. If you match the timeline of the words he spoke to Jillian on camera with the words/deeds off camera, the judgment of many that he was woodenly delivering agreed statements (WHICH, by the way, includes accepting "lessons" on how to appear as a loving couple -- hand copulation, what have you) on camera seems right.

Ed strikes me as the sort "to tell the truth slowly," as Mike McCurty famously described Pres Clinton (if at all).

As I posted earlier, I hope Jillian forced herself (or a best friend or family member) to sit down with a full color copy of that article and ask herself if she wants to married to someone who tells the truth THAT slowly.
    Thanks. I knew you were a guesser, but I respect your realistic approach.

I have always been in agreement with the poster here (I believe it was Holls) who said that Jillian would "never make it to Chicago" (this was back when we were given the September 1st move-in date). So yeah, I guess I give them 2-3 weeks as well.

As for the dinner cancellation, I'm guessing she either saw a copy of the article, or finally, finally watched Jenga Farts.
    - Avalon
    I can't bring myself to water these birch trees or believe in them.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3647773;
    First, I know NOTHING about what's really going on. Just a guess-er like you. But since they are in Vegas, we could make a bet.

2-3 weeks. That seems about right, even here on Friday. They need time to sort out contract arrangements for the next TV gigs, if any.

How about you? A TV relationship can't survive this IMO.

Jason/Molly survived because post filming they actually were obsessively longing for one another, so the post Reunion media circus brought them together. That gave them confidence in the sincerity of one another's emotions.

Ed/Jillian? I don't think there was ever enough "there" "there" with these two to withstand something like this. If you match the timeline of the words he spoke to Jillian on camera with the words/deeds off camera, the judgment of many that he was woodenly delivering agreed statements (WHICH, by the way, includes accepting "lessons" on how to appear as a loving couple -- hand copulation, what have you) on camera seems right.

Ed strikes me as the sort "to tell the truth slowly," as Mike McCurty famously described Pres Clinton (if at all).

As I posted earlier, I hope Jillian forced herself (or a best friend or family member) to sit down with a full color copy of that article and ask herself if she wants to married to someone who tells the truth THAT slowly.
    I also hope she had pen and paper so that she could follow the time lines for herself. If she is or was alone ( without Ed around) I could see her doing just that. It's a lot easier than checking emails and texts.

Quote Originally Posted by ms_kreddy;3647500;
    I think Jillian should be better served starring in a Canadian home realted show. Sorry to put it this way fellow Canuks, but she's better off being a big fish in a small pond. Plus I think she is more beloved in Canada than here and should take advantage of it since she wants to wind up back in Canada anyway.
    Can you imagine her guest starring on Colin and Justin's show?
    They'd lover her to bits!
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers

FORT Newbie

I'd like to think that Molly and her dad gave her a couple of good pep talks this week, and once she was able to see him in person, she dropped him like yesterday's trash.

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3647813;
    I would supervise a group gift.

Hopefully he's going on more than a canceled reservation. That site's been fairly reliable all season.
    Here's my $20.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3647813;
    I would supervise a group gift.

Hopefully he's going on more than a canceled reservation. That site's been fairly reliable all season.
    Does Hallmark make a "So Glad You Called It Off" Card?
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3647825;
    MyFoxPhilly has learned that Bachelorette Jillian Harris star has dumped fiance Ed Swiderski in Las Vegas.

A source very close to the situation has confirmed the split and that Swiderskiís relationships with two other women led to the break up.

Harris was to have had dinner at the restaurant Lavo in Las Vegas, but instead dropped the bombshell on Swiderski.

That's the key language from the article I linked to -- it has a source closer than a restaurant employee

You know, with her very open aspirations to do something in the public eye, she may have recognized that every day she spent as his Victim/Fiance, her popularity / value as a media property was going down.

If I were her agent/publicist, I'd have "tested the waters" with the GMA appearance, gauged "fan" reaction, and planned the timing/announcement of thebreak up from there.

Sentiments on boards and at celeb mag sites were screaming for her to dump him immediately, not 'give him a chance.' Bye bye Ed.
    I am guessing she had a meeting at ABC and demanded out of her contract!
    Of all places to ditch him-vegas! He will likely get shoot faced and hit on everyone. RIP Hollywood Ed. Has not been good to know you.

I remember telling someone I would be dialing 1-800-555-Byed! Guess I better look for a phone booth.

Historically Addicted lovemygirls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whitleymarie;3647827;
    I'd like to think that Molly and her dad gave her a couple of good pep talks this week, and once she was able to see him in person, she dropped him like yesterday's trash.
    That is pretty much I thought what would happen...once she talked to her family the end would be inevitable.

A definite hard lesson learned for Jilly.
    We need not think alike to love alike

FORT Newbie

Has the interview been share (pre Las Vegas) where Jillian was in Chicago, and Ed in Las Vegas where she stated emphatically she would not discuss the allegations any further, and said it would be a waste of everyone's time, "there are better things to do" (telling people to get on w/ their lives). It was on the ABC link from WFAA in Dallas, Channel 8, load media player, click on US Weekly cover, & you have the interview. Realizing this is all PRE-Las Vegas (where Ed suggested they may go to the Chapel of Love), I was wondering how it got to her breaking up w/ him b/c of a cancelled dinner reservation? Again, my apologies if this has been covered. Thanks for your patience.

Historically Addicted lovemygirls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3647816;
    Thanks. I knew you were a guesser, but I respect your realistic approach.

I have always been in agreement with the poster here (I believe it was Holls) who said that Jillian would "never make it to Chicago" (this was back when we were given the September 1st move-in date). So yeah, I guess I give them 2-3 weeks as well.

As for the dinner cancellation, I'm guessing she either saw a copy of the article, or finally, finally watched Jenga Farts.
    I said she wouldn't make her Labor Day move in either.
    We need not think alike to love alike

Closed Thread