Closed Thread

Thread: Ed - Bachelorette 5

FORT Fogey

Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3647700;
    Wipeout is produced by the same company (Endemol) that produces Extreme Makeover Home Edition. Someone (random) posted on ABC Wipeout that Jill and Ed had already taped the episode (while in LA perhaps). I don't know their taping schedule. Seems unlikely though.

Maybe the show is "coming to Canada" which would give her a niche.

Wipeout does Celebrity editions it seems.

Anyway here's a tidbit you all REALLY want to know about from RADARONLINE.com:

EXCLUSIVE: Bachelorette Cancels Dinner Date With Fiance As Cheating Scandal Heats Up | RadarOnline.com
    Very interesting. Is she actually in LV with him? I wish she'd go home to Canada and her family and take a break from all of this for a few weeks.

ms_kreddy

Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3647720;
    Very interesting. Is she actually in LV with him? I wish she'd go home to Canada and her family and take a break from all of this for a few weeks.
    I really hope this means, she's read the article and is having doubts. I hope she takes time away by herself to think about everything.

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3647700;
    Anyway here's a tidbit you all REALLY want to know about from RADARONLINE.com:

EXCLUSIVE: Bachelorette Cancels Dinner Date With Fiance As Cheating Scandal Heats Up | RadarOnline.com
    For curiosity's sake, how long do you give them, jlccaz?
    - Avalon
    I can't bring myself to water these birch trees or believe in them.

i hope Jillian flew back to Canada for some much-needed family time. I guess I missed the part where she told a newspaper that she talked to her dad and cried the entire time. She needs to be surrounded by friends and family, not in Vegas with Ed.
    My favorites: Reid and Kiptyn

Quote Originally Posted by seagirl;3647620;
    The canvas is pretty much dry now Thanks for all of your info this season. I tended to keep it in the back of my head because I never really liked the guy too much from what we saw on the screen anyway. I only wonder what my reaction would have been if we didn't have any warnings before everything hit the fan this week in the media. Thank you for your insightful postings and thank you to Cheeky as well.
    Wow, and thanks, Seagirl, for all this information.
    Jillian was kept in the dark about all this, wasn't she?
    And Chris Harrison?
    He know about all this too....and yet he steered Jillian in the direction of Ed?
    Well, I suppose that Chris knew that Jillian was besoted with Ed and was going to pick him anyway.
    And, of course, Ed's and Jillian's families knew nothing about all this as well.
    (I guess that Ed's parents knew that Ed had dated a lot, but thought perhaps that he was now ready to settle down.)
    Marti

Quote Originally Posted by blhstock;3642961;
    Okay, here’s my theory on the Bachelorette journey of Hollywood Ed. He shows up for his two week stint, gets an adventurous 1/1 date (which he states he’ll never do again!), spends time in the mansion with the Star and maybe thinks he has a shot to go far into the game. However, by the time they get to Whistler, Ed knows he hasn’t had any more 1/1 time with Jillian since the cuddles in the mansion. He hasn’t pursued her and she apparently hasn’t pursued him. Instead, she’s put him on the backburner as someone with potential but moved on to makeout sessions behind closed doors with Kip and Reid. Since nothing is really brewing and he doesn’t see himself getting much further anyway, Ed leaves as pre-planned. He goes back to Chicago and picks up where he left off with his own “love” life. Meanwhile, Jillian goes off on her 1/1 with Reid and proceeds to the HTDs where things start to really heat up with both Kip and especially Reid who are looking like F2/F1.

Meanwhile back in the script room, Wes is reaching the end of his dramatic contrivance so TPTB make the brilliant decision to bring ED back for the sake of drama expecting his return to be a one off for that episode. However, they don’t anticipate the impact that his leaving/returning had on Jill’s psyche and instead of dumping his ass as (TPTB and Ed) expected she keeps him. (What some might call a friggin disaster.) Since he presumably came back because he couldn’t live without her, he can’t now say, “Yeah, about that rose? No thanks. See ya.” He’s now screwed and on his way to Spain where the sh$t hits the fan with his ladies back home. He’s giving a wooden performance because he wasn’t supposed to be there and his mind is distracted by his bigger hometown problems. But, by the end of Spain, the whole Chicago connection has exploded and both girls have dumped him. Suddenly, Ed’s a free agent. And he’s on his way to a lovely vacay in Hawaii with a hot chick who’s the star of this TV show called the Bachelorette. And, she’s hanging all over him. Hollywood Ed is back in action.

Now, we’ve always heard the TPTB won’t let a contender get to the final two with dirt that the Bach/ette doesn’t know about so they force Ed to reveal the whole GF(s) issue on the FD, maybe even expecting that Jill will NOW dump his ass. He has to cough up some info which may or may not be the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth and the fantasy suite becomes a bust. By the time they film the videos of desperation, Ed has no problem with the “I love you/I’ll marry you” lines (teleprompter not withstanding) because, after the fantasy suite frigging disaster, he assumes he’s going home anyway. So, they get to the RC3 ceremony, and she takes him to the bench where he gives yet another really lame performance, expecting to get his ticket punched to Chicago. But, again, Jill likes her bad boys, especially when they come with the promise of ring so Ed gets another rose and the proposal gamble that is Reid gets kicked to the curb. D’oh.

So, here’s Ed at F2 unbelievably having dodged the (Ex)GF bullet, on a another romantic date with the Star and the chance of another steamy night to come (so to speak.) All he has to do is keep up the love pretense which he’s had plenty of practice at and he’s cruising into the FRC. Of course, he knows the drill (and besides they have him on tape) that if you make it to F2 you’ve got to be prepared to propose so he shows up with the ring (even Kip knew that and TPTB managed to get Reid to figure it out too, possibly in the hopes that Jill would still get her mind back and make a sane choice.) But, Ed doesn’t know for sure if he’s F1 and he’s not stupid enough to actually offer the ring until he knows she’s going to accept it. So, ever the smooth talker where she’s concerned, he makes sure to get her to commit first. So TPTB get their proposal (albeit maybe not from whom they were hoping it would come), Jilli gets her bad boy who has miraculously changed his ways just for her and Hollywood Ed gets his trophy. And, they all live happily ever after in the bubble that is a some what scripted reality TV dating show called The Bachelorette.

Of course, we all know what happens when these people return to reality and the bubble bursts. Real life intrudes and the haze of potential reality TV fame gets lifted during the hiatus between filming and airing. But, the show’s secrets still have to be maintained until show time so the participants are expected to return home and take up with their pre-taping ways of life, which some contestants (coughEdcough) apparently take more seriously than others. Ruh. Roh.
    This is great!!
    I have thought along those lines the whole time.
    Deep down maybe a little I really was hoping that Ed did fall in love!

Also loving the comments/post of Fiveboysin07 - I'm thinking she is on to something.

IMO - Something is just not quite right with all of this! Can not put a finger an it. NOT saying Ed was not with L and B. Something just does not sit right.

I have been looking and hoping to see a summary from any and all of the following: Bloomers, Just Logic, Cupcakes - they seem to stay in somewhat what of a neutral zone and I personally love their perspective on things.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3647720;
    That's what I'm wondering too. How does this article know they canceled their plans? It's not like they called up Radaronline to report it to them.

The last thing Jill needs right now is to be only with Ed and lots of alcohol, of course that can only mean she is probably with Ed and alcohol right now.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3647703;
    Thank sdl for all the info. It's all very sad but I believe it.

Hopefully Jill grows a backbone and some self respect but I don't think it happens here. She's dug her heels in too deep now. I think Ed could marry her. He'd have it made. She'd cook and clean and hang on his every word. If he cheated she'd make more excuses for him because she is so desperate to prove he loves her and that she does have a good judge of character.
    ITA. This is one of the reasons I think they're going to stick it out and truly get married. He claims he wants kids and a home life and there is no one better for this on the planet for him than Jillian. She'll give him a warm home, have dinner ready, tend to the little Eds () and he will do whatever he wants.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3647764;
    That's what I'm wondering too. How does this article know they canceled their plans? It's not like they called up Radaronline to report it to them.

The last thing Jill need right now is to be only with Ed and lots of alcohol, of course that can only mean she is probably only with Ed and alcohol right now.
    My guess is that she is there and they had reservations somewhere and when they cancelled someone called it in. I hope they both lay off the drinking some and talk versus party.

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3647747;
    For curiosity's sake, how long do you give them, jlccaz?
    First, I know NOTHING about what's really going on. Just a guess-er like you. But since they are in Vegas, we could make a bet.

2-3 weeks. That seems about right, even here on Friday. They need time to sort out contract arrangements for the next TV gigs, if any.

How about you? A TV relationship can't survive this IMO.

Jason/Molly survived because post filming they actually were obsessively longing for one another, so the post Reunion media circus brought them together. That gave them confidence in the sincerity of one another's emotions.

Ed/Jillian? I don't think there was ever enough "there" "there" with these two to withstand something like this. If you match the timeline of the words he spoke to Jillian on camera with the words/deeds off camera, the judgment of many that he was woodenly delivering agreed statements (WHICH, by the way, includes accepting "lessons" on how to appear as a loving couple -- hand copulation, what have you) on camera seems right.

Ed strikes me as the sort "to tell the truth slowly," as Mike McCurty famously described Pres Clinton (if at all).

As I posted earlier, I hope Jillian forced herself (or a best friend or family member) to sit down with a full color copy of that article and ask herself if she wants to married to someone who tells the truth THAT slowly.

Closed Thread