Closed Thread
Page 5 of 624 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105505 ... LastLast

Thread: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3488009;
    Well I am one who is having a problem with Ed. One of the reasons is that I think he is her "rebound" guy. He has the same coloring and "look" as Jason and that may be playing subtle music in her mind. I'm also concerned that he still isn't really ready to balance work and home. This one may lead to another Bach/ette fizzle if it goes that far.
    I don't think Ed is ready to balance work and home either. Often, when success is so important to a person that they are unable to start out with a balanced personality it continues through life. It didn't begin when he started his professional life...it is a part of who he is.

Even though Jullian considers her job to be important, she seems to have been better able to keep her life in prospective...i.e. time for herself and enjoying life as well as her work.
    Last edited by rileymeboy; 06-10-2009 at 02:10 AM.

Re: Hunky Bulky sat on a wall, Hunky Bulky had a great fall...for Jillian.

Quote Originally Posted by tark_979;3491828;
    theres a lot of speculation about Ed:
    *appearing guilty during Jillian's confrontation pre RC in episode 4.
    and more so,
    *being the one to leave the show, for personal reasons,

We as viewers only know about Ed through his interactions with Jillian, and I think there is sufficient information to deduce something a little more credible about Ed.

Like Jillian said, he was a "late arrival" but that she saw something in him and and was attracted to him from the get-go. Their first conversation pre RC1 reflected their similarities regarding their social lives...Ed saying he is an "open and positive person" who "looks at the bright side of things" and his observation that she too has an open mind and outgoing nature. So while Ed has a quiet confidence about him, Jillian exudes her confidence by her outgoing personality.

Their mutual attraction and compatibility is then emphasized during their one-on-one date. While this was an early date for the season, again I think there was a lot we could extract from their interaction during the date that supports why Ed is a strong contestant and will probably remain this way to the very end, if not, the very last RC. They were affectionate throughout the entire date, from the helicopter to the romantic rooftop dinner. If the "rapelling down the building" was a test for Ed, he passes with flying colors. (Jill says: "It was a romantic thing that we did, in its own weird way. In love you have take a leap of faith, and that's what we kind of did".
    I think both Ed and Jillian are very mature and confident people, that there's no need for pretentious communication and interaction. People might think that their date was boring or not revealing enough of the *spark* between Ed and Jill, but i think it's because they see enough "eye-to-eye" that there's no need for niceties. They talked about their similar passion for their careers and how much it has hampered their ability to focus on their personal lives. For both of them, I think their confidence and maturity is due in great part to their successes in their careers...both feel comfortable where they are in their careers and like Ed said, have "the ability/flexibility to do what i want" because of the stability and security of their careers.
    Ed and Jillian are pretty much in the same place emotionally and mentally.
    While there's much more to learn and know about both of them, we can say that their relationship would have a pretty solid foundation, if not already(from what we've seen).

Regarding Ed being the one who has a girlfriend back at home, I do not think this is the case. Yes, outside information acquired about Ed labels him as a "fratty" type who enjoys spending time with his guy friends and sowing his wild oats when he's not keeping busy with his career. Facets about him that we've seen since he came on the show would suggest that he is very much a career-man. And for someone who is looking to be "secure" and "stable" so that he can start his family would not, in his right mind, come on the show to meet Jillian while still carrying on a relationship at home. Ed is on the show for the right reason and i think it does mean a lot to him to be there with Jillian.

Emphasizing his career, Ed possibly is the one to leave. If it is for work reasons, this is very plausible. If it was for other personal reasons like a girlfriend at home, we would not see him again in the season. But because apparently we do...we can say that his reason for leaving is something that just has to be done and that Jillian understands. I think they have an already solid foundation anyway and so nothing can keep them apart for too long if Jillian realizes that he is a good match for her and she for him.

While it will come off as a "dramatic cliffhanger" to keep up with viewer ratings, Ed's possible leave would be a valid one. Further it would only strengthen the romantic connection between Ed and Jillian. If both are successful in their careers but at times suffer because of it, Ed leaving would emphasize this, but his return would be a validation of their love.

Of course, I'm an Ed&Jill fan, 100% and i wouldn't be surprised if he is given the final rose. While certainly Jillian has an attraction and connection to all of the guys remaining, her motivation for coming into all of this appears most compatible with Ed's reasons for being here with her. I think they deserve each other and already make each other happy.

As Ed worried(during their one-on-one), "there's not enough time"...
    but for them, timing is everything and things will come as they should.
    If both Ed and jillian are looking for "the One", it's better for us to see serious challenges and heartbreaks(if he leaves and Jill is sad) than physical chemistry on the set. Career challenges and personal obligations and emotional intensity are real life matters that can, at times, get in the way of love. If Ed leaves, it is to prove this point.
    I enjoyed your input.

Ed is the guy I would pick for myself. Period. But, I don't think he and Jullian would make a good match for the long haul. This isn't to say she will not pick Ed. I think she is truly intreged with him and he definitely could not be considered an average guy.
    Last edited by pajamasam; 06-11-2009 at 08:44 AM.

I am afraid that she will pick him. Ed is my favorite. I don't think it will last like all of the other bachelor/bachelorettes. Things are different in the real world. Everything is fine and dandy and roses and champagne now, but it is not like that in the real world. Ed seems like he is into his work, that is not going to change because of Jillian. He owns is own business, he can't move to Canada even though she has said in interviews that she will try and change her picks mind on that subject. I live in Chcago, there is not a lot of sporty/outdoorsy things to do in the city. She cannot going kayaking. or zip linning at a moments notice like she says she wants to. Ed does not seem like the type of guy (planning for the next work week on his days off) that would want to or be able to go and do things on a moments notice. Maybe she is looking at things through rose colored glasses and instead of finding someone that would be compatible with her she is focusing on someone that she has a crush on. But, they are in a bubble, traveling all over for this show. If and When she picks Ed and she comes to live here, she will get a rude awakening. He will still be a workaholic and she will get bored not being by her friends and family and doing the outdoorsy Canadian things she likes to do. Besides, there are two more months of this show. Two more months where they will be separated. Feelings that were hot can fade, look at Jason and Melissa. I give it until the end of the year.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

IF love is true, then none of that matters. Look at Trista & Ryan -- she wanted to stay in LA and he wanted to stay in CO b/c of his work. She's a beach girl and he's a cold-weather guy. She's allergic to dogs and he had one that she takes shots for. Love will do crazy, incredible things when it's there.

Everyone keeps talking about Ed's job, but he himself said that he has gotten to the point where he realizes it can't take over his life anymore. During their date he said that and Jillian immediately said she was the same way. Since we didn't see the entire conversation, perhaps they continued talking about that subject and she realized how very similar they are in that respect. That's a REAL conversation, which has nothing to do with ziplining or taking helicopters or anything.

The best thing about being in IT is that it's very flexible. You can do it from pretty much anywhere with a phone line. I'm not sure how easy it would be to move his company's headquarters, but if he's just doing consulting, that's easily done outside of the actual office.

Ed just seems very pragmatic to me. He didn't get involved (that we saw) with the Dave and Juan confrontation though he was there. When Kiptyn got his date card, he put his arm on Kiptyn's shoulder as if to say 'way to go', and then we saw the final clip of him after the show where he said that he knows Jillian has to go through the process to find who's best for her. It seems as though his analytical thinking is carrying over to the process of the show. IF he can let go and just follow and open his heart, then he'll make someone, be it Jillian or someone else, a very lucky girl.

Ugh, here I am, defending my favorite again ... my last one bit me in the you-know-what when he became the bachelor. Ed, don't let me down!!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3492915;
    Everyone keeps talking about Ed's job, but he himself said that he has gotten to the point where he realizes it can't take over his life anymore. During their date he said that and Jillian immediately said she was the same way. Since we didn't see the entire conversation, perhaps they continued talking about that subject and she realized how very similar they are in that respect. That's a REAL conversation, which has nothing to do with ziplining or taking helicopters or anything.

The best thing about being in IT is that it's very flexible. You can do it from pretty much anywhere with a phone line. I'm not sure how easy it would be to move his company's headquarters, but if he's just doing consulting, that's easily done outside of the actual office.

Ed just seems very pragmatic to me. He didn't get involved (that we saw) with the Dave and Juan confrontation though he was there. When Kiptyn got his date card, he put his arm on Kiptyn's shoulder as if to say 'way to go', and then we saw the final clip of him after the show where he said that he knows Jillian has to go through the process to find who's best for her. It seems as though his analytical thinking is carrying over to the process of the show. IF he can let go and just follow and open his heart, then he'll make someone, be it Jillian or someone else, a very lucky girl.

Ugh, here I am, defending my favorite again ... my last one bit me in the you-know-what when he became the bachelor. Ed, don't let me down!!
    Right now the way Ed is acting is very reasonable. Like he said Jillian has to decide what she wants and right now there are still too many men left.

FORT Regular

when did he say there were too many men left?

i took the "i know what she wants" as a possible joke, like joke-bragging, but maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by wire;3493154;
    when did he say there were too many men left?

i took the "i know what she wants" as a possible joke, like joke-bragging, but maybe not.
    He didn't say "too many left", I was thinking it. Sorry.

Whoever said they he knew had to be joking about knowing what she wants

I'm sure he was joking around and yanking their chains with that comment. Nobody would say it seriously in that situation. I like that he takes a joke well and gets along with the guys. I think they could be a good match. Jillian does live somewhere where you can do a lot of outdoor things. My sil lives right near Stanley Park and loves it other than she'd love to meet a guy. I've also heard good things about Chicago. Jillian also works very hard and likely has long hours when she's in the middle of a design job. I don't know if Ed will be her choice but I think he's just as likely to be a good match as Kip and Reid from what we know.

FORT Newbie

!!!!!sorry about this, yes it does seem like it belongs in the spoiler section for Ed...and i already had it on there, but then ppl were telling me it belongs in the NON-SPOILER section...

further, I apologize if i've inserted Ed's name in parts where we actually dont know who the guy is, whether in SCs or previews.

i[m a newbie here, so i will try to be more mindful of what i disclose, be they personal opinions or speculations!!

Welcome tark! I know, I've been there too! Your posts are great, so keep 'em coming!

Closed Thread