Closed Thread
Page 48 of 624 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556575898148548 ... LastLast

Thread: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3603834 View Post
    I actually made my 6:30 AM appointment this morning and I thnk my final post was at 5:04 AM. Amazing! I'm too old to do that very often but it was fun. BTW my head was bobing as I was falling asleep at the computer. A good cold shower started the day after a sleepless night.

I just did a very brave thing and am returning after a visit to the 'who gets the final rose spoiler thread' where I left a couple of posts answering Reid fan statements. That really requires a lot of guts these days. I need my flack jacket and full body armour. They just don't understand facts there.
    This is why I quit sleuthing and going into other threads.....WAY TOO ADDICTING!!!

I'm new and had typed a page of intro and lost it! So more later, but I knew Jill and Ed sparked at their "hello". I have read every post of this thread, and I am so happy to have found folks that feel just like me about their journey!

I am so hopeful for them to have a future together.

More about me later! I do not want to lose another post! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3604052;

ETA: Caught the new Grapevine preview -- what a teaser -- looks like there is love in paradise.
    OH where do I find this! Wheeeee !!!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3603834;
    I actually made my 6:30 AM appointment this morning and I thnk my final post was at 5:04 AM. Amazing! I'm too old to do that very often but it was fun. BTW my head was bobing as I was falling asleep at the computer. A good cold shower started the day after a sleepless night.

I just did a very brave thing and am returning after a visit to the 'who gets the final rose spoiler thread' where I left a couple of posts answering Reid fan statements. That really requires a lot of guts these days. I need my flack jacket and full body armour. They just don't understand facts there.
    I wondered how you fared. LOL! ITA re: the flak jacket- I had my toe to toe in the Sleuther thread last night. Ah, well. There sure is some "passion" here on Fort this season...

ETA: Sunshine722

and ((pleads)) Caaaaaaape, we NEED your sunlight analysis!!!

Ugh, I can't wait 'til next Wed. when this'll be all over and I can enjoy the final week and a half before school starts for the kids again.
    Last edited by cantstopwatchin; 07-23-2009 at 05:20 PM.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I got two posts up! YAY for me.

I am married to a literal Ed, who is also a nerd. I am a nerd gal, and I think Jill is too. I have friends in the nerd vein of Reid, but I do not feel any passion with them...they are just great friends. But the minute my hubby and I met, we just fell in love. We did know we came from the same background, as it was at a church and our parents were friends, and we knew of each other.

We dated 3 years, and to today, one of the most romantic things we do is hold hands. Oh the pics of Jill and Ed doing the hand thing...oh my !!!

We have been happily married for 40 years. My hubby is rather socially inept. His IQ is about 140, and he'll walk through doors before me sometimes and other not to mannerly things, but he caters to my every want and need. His greatest happiness is making me happy.

I was always attracted to nerds, even in first grade. LOL If you are a nerd girl, well, you just are.

Ed and Jillian's chemistry is so smoking hot and obvious to me. I think they found their soulmates.

I am a hopeless romantic, so I can't wait to see if I am right!
    Last edited by sunshine722; 07-23-2009 at 05:25 PM. Reason: typos

The unveiling of the Invisible Bachelor

I just thought you all would enjoy what I just posted over on the spoiler thread 'who will get the final rose?'.

It compiles every thing we have been discussing for the last day or so. Hope you enjoy this.

I don't know how the FRC plays out. It seems noone knows. TPTB have given us a terrific season to watch. There have been so many twists and turns. I do not have a favorite but must give you my observations.

This week I believe TPTB are unveiling the invisible bachelor a little at a time.
    It started Monday night at MTA. It has continued with Jillian's interviews and CH's tweets. Also have you seen the sneak preview at abc.com? It is terrific.

OK now ready for the invisible bachelor. It is the one and only a little nerdy but always fun Ed.

Follow the facts with me. At the MTA we see outtakes of drunken but fun Ed. Normally a drunk would be cut at tne next RC but not Ed. Jillian's interviews are explaining the infamous E.D. FD and what really happened. They were both sunburned and the lotion was aloe vera. They stayed awake all night talking and one of the subjects was his ex-gf's. CH twittered that the gf issue would be addressed during the finale. At her interview on Jimmy Kimmel, Jillian told us about drunken Ed and how she see's her guy maybe not always able to handle his beer but always fun. She described Ed as the guy you want to invite to a wedding. Jimmy responds - yea but - not as the groom. Jillian responds 'Ah come on'. Finally the sneak preview, it covers Ed's MTP day. We see mom asking complex questions and Ed wiping his face. Then they break to Jillian, her father Glenn, her gorgeous cousin and the one and only alway fun Ed dressed in grass hula skirts with cocanut bras and doing the hula (remember Reid's hula out take). Jillian asks Ed to join her father. Ed moves over they dance hip to hip and Ed says 'Forget Jillian, your mine Glenn'. It is the most fun thing all season but it may not make the finale episode since it is in a preview. That would be sad. Also Ed has VO and PI's in which he says all the right things. The result is he wants to and Jillian says he really fits in with my family. Keep in mind in her Mancow interview on June 8th when asked about abs Jillian said, "Actualy, I preffer my man a little softer now".

TPTB are just getting started with this media campaign. It cleans up Ed's image shows him to fit more and more of what Jillian had on that infamous list. It replaces everyones vision of the all business workaholic. And it gives us a lovable genuine man that can keep up with our Jillian at work or at play. You might just be seeing the ending of a true 'Love Story'. My compliments a job well done to TPTB.

If it turns out to be someone else that's ok with me but what my mind and logiic tell me is the invisible bachelor is ED. I can't wait till Monday to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3602837;
    For the last hour I've been rewatching over and over the previews on abc.com. I have heard that Ed looks like Denny on Grays Anatomy and couldn't see it until the snowmobiling date with his hat on shades and the ED taped over somthing on his coat. He seemed to me a dead ringer for that guy then. The tape on his coat was covering what my have been his frats initials SAE I think. They pinned down one of the lapels later in the date when he got the Rose. I notice the craziest things. Ed is extremely happy with his career and loves building software. I think it is kind of like solving a puzzle or building a model out of canned pieces. It's very challenging and he is good at it. I hope he is not a Media whore like some from this show have been. But my guess is that this show will benefit him at his work because a consultant is also a salesman and just watching him I know he has all those skills down. Remember he is a graduate of the MSU school of communication working on his Masters at DePaul University in Computer Science.

Jillian will love Chicago it is truly a world class city. I know people who live on beatiful boats on Lake Michigan in the summer and have high rise condos all year just blocks away. They don't even own cars and enjoy all the city has to offer. Jillian likes winter sports and just a few hours drive in Michigan is skiing and snowmobiling. There is ice fishing and ice skating at parks in the city and suburbs everywhere. How am I doing selling Jilly on Chicago? We came here 32 years ago from Michigan and I still have a retirement home on a lake there so I know how much Jilly would enjoy the midwest. They could fly to Alberta anytime. The neighborhood he lives in is close to a lot of night life and I would almost say kind of exclusive. Our company works in the buildings in that neighborhood every day. I checked our records but Ed is not one of our customers.

Between Kip and Ed it is easy to see why she loves Ed. Were you aware of her radio interview in Chicago 6/8 with Mancow? I was listening. He asked her specifically how she felt about the mens abs. Jillian responded, "Actually, I now preffer my man a little softer". Right then and there it was obvious that they were teasing the Chicago audience and Ed. I knew on June 8th based on that alone that Ed was THE ONE. Now that Kip is part of the F2 he can't win based on that interview alone. Reid could be a little softer also but TPTB have used him to get a larger audience IMHO. We will have to wait till Monday for certain but it can't be Kip and his fans know that.

Your comments on Jason and Molly are interesting. Few seem able to admit they liked them together. As for Melissa the true story has been swept under the rug and noone will ever know. In time everyone will forget about her and we will visit Molly and Jason like Trista and Ryan and I hope Ed and Jillian in future TB and TB/ette shows. One more comment about Molly, I have said to many that she is my dear bride reincarnated but really now that her hair is her natural color she is her clone. Same personalities even my mother-in-law commented how much Molly reminds her of my bride at that age. That season was strange for me to watch.

Again can't wait for next Monday and Tuesday.
    You're doing a wonderful job of selling Chicago, eowenc.
    I've been to Chicago a few times.
    Jillian will love it there, since as you say, it has a super city life, fantastic restaurants, and mountains nearby for winter sports.
    (I love the mountains too; I grew up in both the US and in Switzerland - and we also have beautiful mountains in California.)
    I myself love walking around Lake Michigan - the beautiful green walkways and the soothing lake right there.
    How wonderful that Molly looks just like your wife!
    I too have a confession to make.
    I have a son, Terry, who looks just like Alexei Urmanov, the Olympic figure skater and hence, Terry looks like Ed - LOL.
    No wonder I am prejudiced in Ed's favor.
    But no, all kidding aside, I'm thrilled for Jillian that things are going Ed's way - and have been all along.
    I think they will make a beautiful, lasting couple.
    Marti

Standing O eowenc! That was fabulous!

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3603131;
    Albean, can I be lazy and "ditto" your entire quote??

Mozart and eowenc, you were some busy posters here late last night. I was definitely posting in the wrong thread...and it's nice to come back here and see such great posts re: Ed & Jillian.

I DO think her connection with Ed was obvious from the beginning; however, I don't think Ed's leaving was due to the producers. His Dad wouldn't have been worried about his job if that were the case, right?

Anyways, I'm excited to see Ed's MTP segment. I'm afraid, though, that the hula segment won't be shown since it's on the website. And Goldie, I think Grannie is sitting to the right of Jillian's mother.
    That's a good point, albean99 and cantstopwatchin.
    I've thought about that.
    Ed would not do anything to purposely hurt Jillian.
    Also, something about Jillian's reaction to Ed's going away puzzled me.
    Jillian tearfully said in the end somethng like, "When you do find the right girl for you, don't let your job get in the way."
    It's like Jillian has resigned herself to Ed's leaving, and she's not fighting harder to keep him.
    I thought she would have said, "Call you boss! You've got to stay! I'm not letting you go!"
    (Perhaps she did say that to Ed when the cameras were not rolling.....)
    Marti

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3604160;
    I wondered how you fared. LOL! ITA re: the flak jacket- I had my toe to toe in the Sleuther thread last night. Ah, well. There sure is some "passion" here on Fort this season...

ETA: Sunshine722

and ((pleads)) Caaaaaaape, we NEED your sunlight analysis!!!

Ugh, I can't wait 'til next Wed. when this'll be all over and I can enjoy the final week and a half before school starts for the kids again.
    I've been enjoying how you handle the flack there. Well done and you really are brave.

ETA: Will they put up any more previews at abc.com this week? And can someone steer me to other sites to see what's going on. This is the only site I visit now.
    Last edited by eowenc; 07-23-2009 at 06:33 PM. Reason: ETA:

Closed Thread