Closed Thread
Page 46 of 624 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748495051525354555696146546 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 6232

Thread: Ed - Bachelorette 5

  1. #451
    Gone Fishin' eowenc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    1,243

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart;3602229;
    This is the first "Bachelorette" I've watched - plus two "Bachelors".
    I imagine that what the TPTB don't want is when the happy ending (if there is one) is really obvious from the beginning.
    So IMO, this season of "The Bachelorette" must have been a nightmare of sorts for the producers.
    It just happened IMO that Jillian fell for Ed hook, line, and sinker - love at first sight - from the very moment she met him: "He had me at 'hello'"
    What do the producers do when the outcome is obvious from the beginning? (Even the other men knew, IMO, what was happening between Jillian and Ed and knew the inevitable outcome).
    So the producers have to create suspense, fake obstacles, and play up "other attractions" - other guys - to keep the audience guessing until the very end.
    Ed's leaving was a part of the producers' ploy, I believe, and Jillian at that time, was not let in on it so they could capture Jillian's shocked and devastated reaction.
    Jillian's own precious life was even at stake, unknown to the producers.
    Jillian was grieving and in shock at the loss of Ed that night.
    Candles in her bedroom were left burning.
    The grief-stricked Jillain finally fell asleep in the wee hours of the morning, still in her party dress.
    The candles happened to catch the room on fire; Jillian could have died or have been severely injured if she had not woken up in time and put out the fire......
    Jillian must have been told by the producers that she had to make the audience think that she was really attracted to some other guys; that was the game being played out.
    Surely she found some of them attractive, but she was not in love with them.
    Reid, for instance, could be a great friend.
    Jillian even had to French kiss a few guys.
    After Ed left, I'm sure that Jillian was let in on the secret - that he would be back.
    Then a relieved Jillian could concentrate on the other guys and "play her part".
    After Ed's return, new obstacles were invented to keep up the suspense that Jillian might chose another fellow.
    But it was Ed all along. Only Ed. THE ONE.
    I'm sure (as a woman) that Jillain did not have an affair with any of the other guys.
    Perhaps Ed - but that is her business.......
    Jillian didn't just know a week before the FRC that she would choose Ed.
    From the very beginning, she knew that it could be no other man but Ed.
    My gut and heart told me this from the very beginning too.
    It was wonderful seeing this real-life love story unfold and develop and to see the love and great tenderness and affection between Jillian and Ed.
    Ed is a keeper!
    When Jilian joked on the Jimmy Kimmel show that she would keep the winner "for a few months at least!" - Jillian didn't mean it; she was only joking.
    I hope that Jillian and Ed have a long and happy life together.
    I wish also that there would later be a mailing list where we could keep up with news on Jillian and Ed....what they are doing.....when Jillian becomes pregnant...updates on their life together.
    I don't want them to live in the spotlight though.
    That could be destructive - especially for future children.
    A huge surprise (the last five minutes) would be for them to announce when the wedding will be.
    Could it possibly be on ATFR?
    .
    Wow! I must agree with a lot of what you describe. I have watched every one of these crazy shows from the beginning. This season started off for me like I was watching Meridith and Ian. Back then TPTB were not as sophiscated as they are today at covering up the obvious, presenting obstacles to the relationship, etc. Meridith completely had the hots for Ian from the get go and TPTB were unable to cast doubt or coverup like they have this season. Even the terrific sluethers in the spoiler threads still don't know who or how the FRC plays out.

    He had her at 'Hello I'm Ed'. Then their 1 on 1 at the M&G confirmed her thoughts about him. Go on a 1 on 1 and risk your life coming down the side of a building. He wasn't even sure it was legal. Take her thoughts away then kiss her. Flirt with each other in front of everyone 10 minutes after arriving in her home town about hot tubs. Then drunken Ed which she loves (surprise he's not so nerdy he is really fun) keeps her up all night thinking about him at her own risk and peril as you describe so well.

    At this point Kip has been showcased and no one knows Reid at all. Some of the audience think it might be Jake after their date. Then Episode 5 he tells all the guys how he feels about her and in so many words how their relationship is progressing so rapidly and he can't understand it.

    Now he leaves who cares why, doesn't matter, TPTB can tell another story with Ed out of the way. TPTB have to tell another story to keep the viewers.
    She is crushed and it is obvious to everyone. She looks terrible at the first RC after Ed leaves and I have already discussed how Ed without being there was a principle focus of the train ride. Then we learn that neurotic sweet Reid has decision and commitment issues. That's a great interesting story but that's not going to fly. Jill's now panicing she needs to find 5 men for HTD's and three have to be good enough for FD's. There's a train wreck about to happen if something doesn't happen soon. A week of HTD's where Reid's great family confirms all her concerns about him. Kip's mother is so intense and protective of him she had to have concerns. Jesse's (my personal favorite) brother want's to know if they have been naked together. Can you believe Jillian answered 'no that comes later'. Michael's twin and the rest of the family are just as much fun as he is but he's not in her league maturity wise. Then Wes (and Jake) what can I say. TPTB probably said he has to go to Spain we need a fourth.

    Jillians choices are now severly limited but, ta da, Ed comes to her rescue is invited to the RC. Remember Kip's and Reid's reactions. Oh no he's back!

    Ed's now rested cool and has a plan to 'Go for it'. That Spain date they couldn't keep their hands off each other and that was pure attraction and desire causing that. When he says yes to the fantasy suite and she says NO. He starts to withdraw but Jillian grabs his hand to explain why but gives in so they can have more time together.

    Let's go to Maui for more. He is so comfortable in his own skin he is willing to dress in shorts that most here are critical of. He has thought out the game plan and delivers all the last pieces to overcome her concerns. Mostly meeting the parents because of the lack of a HTD. We will have a chance to compare their families next week but most remember Jillians from Jason's visit. They confirm that their roots are similar and they are the first from both their families (I know that's true of Ed) to become college grads and go on to the big city to great success. Then the E.D. FD problem that TPTB insinuated. He says 'She is smoking hot. But why is she interested in me? etc.
    Jillian spent her time today defending Ed in interviews. She is reported to have described how and why that date went the way it did. More importantly she says they spent time discussing ex-gf's thereby overcoming that potential problem. CH said today on Twitter they would cover that issue in the finale.

    Next Monday TPTB will spend the night until the last five minutes using Kip and Reid to cast as much doubt as possible to keep your interest. Keep in mind that already the propaganda machine this week with all the interviews has been busy cleaning up Ed's image and having Jillian show her approval of her F1. Regardless of what we all think about TPTB they want, make that need, a happy couple too. They need this franchise to continue. It is a goldmine especially since they went to the two hour Episode format.

    There will be a happy couple. Jillian said not everyone would like her choice.
    Again this week is being spent selling us on watching next week and defending her decision. It appears that she did choose someone. We think - know- it's ED.

    I need to ad that TPTB don't produce this show for the people on the boards or the spoilers. They make their money off the other 12,000,000 that could be tuning in for next weeks FRC. Therefore always try to review the show form the perspective of the non-spoiled watcher and follow the edit of the show and interviews to decide what will happen. I always enjoy two things. First who handles the speed dating format of the show best and second who is best at building a relaionship. IMHO in Bachelor 13 it was Molly and in Batch/ette 5 it's Ed. People raised in Michigan do well in this show. Jillian's BFF in an interview after the M&G said that Ed was exactly what she had hoped to find. I's like to get ahold of Jillian's famous list and compare Ed to it. The more we see the better he seems to fit. BTW he did not sign himself up but the show called and recruited him. They seem to have found a good fit. Enjoy the show and join us here for the celebration party Monday night.

    You really got me wound up there. I have a 6:30 AM appointment in the morning. It's 1:02 AM here. I need to get some sleep one of these nights. This is sure addictive.
    Last edited by eowenc; 07-23-2009 at 02:11 AM.

  2. #452
    Music Maker Mozart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Oceanside, California
    Posts
    324

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3602521;
    Wow! I must agree with a lot of what you describe. I have watched every one of these crazy shows from the beginning. This season started off for me like I was watching Meridith and Ian. Back then TPTB were not as sophiscated as they are today at covering up the obvious, presenting obstacles to the relationship, etc. Meridith completely had the hots for Ian from the get go and TPTB were unable to cast doubt or coverup like they have this season. Even the terrific sluethers in the spoiler threads still don't know who or how the FRC plays out.

    He had her at 'Hello I'm Ed'. Then their 1 on 1 at the M&G confirmed her thoughts about him. Go on a 1 on 1 and risk your life coming down the side of a building. He wasn't even sure it was legal. Take her thoughts away then kiss her. Flirt with each other in front of everyone 10 minutes after arriving in her home town about hot tubs. Then drunken Ed which she loves (surprise he's not so nerdy he is really fun) keeps her up all night thinking about him at her own risk and peril as you describe so well.

    At this point Kip has been showcased and no one knows Reid at all. Some of the audience think it might be Jake after their date. Then Episode 5 he tells all the guys how he feels about her and in so many words how their relationship is progressing so rapidly and he can't understand it.

    Now he leaves who cares why, doesn't matter, TPTB can tell another story with Ed out of the way. TPTB have to tell another story to keep the viewers.
    She is crushed and it is obvious to everyone. She looks terrible at the first RC after Ed leaves and I have already discussed how Ed without being there was a principle focus of the train ride. Then we learn that neurotic sweet Reid has decision and commitment issues. That's a great interesting story but that's not going to fly. Jill's now panicing she needs to find 5 men for HTD's and three have to be good enough for FD's. There's a train wreck about to happen if something doesn't happen soon. A week of HTD's where Reid's great family confirms all her concerns about him. Kip's mother is so intense and protective of him she had to have concerns. Jesse's (my personal favorite) brother want's to know if they have been naked together. Can you believe Jillian answered 'no that comes later'. Michael's twin and the rest of the family are just as much fun as he is but he's not in her league maturity wise. Then Wes (and Jake) what can I say. TPTB probably said he has to go to Spain we need a fourth.

    Jillians choices are now severly limited but, ta da, Ed comes to her rescue is invited to the RC. Remember Kip's and Reid's reactions. Oh no he's back!

    Ed's now rested cool and has a plan to 'Go for it'. That Spain date they couldn't keep their hands off each other and that was pure attraction and desire causing that. When he says yes to the fantasy suite and she says NO. He starts to withdraw but Jillian grabs his hand to explain why but gives in so they can have more time together.

    Let's go to Maui for more. He is so comfortable in his own skin he is willing to dress in shorts that most here are critical of. He has thought out the game plan and delivers all the last pieces to overcome her concerns. Mostly meeting the parents because of the lack of a HTD. We will have a chance to compare their families next week but most remember Jillians from Jason's visit. They confirm that their roots are similar and they are the first from both their families (I know that's true of Ed) to become college grads and go on to the big city to great success. Then the E.D. FD problem that TPTB insinuated. He says 'She is smoking hot. But why is she interested in me? etc.
    Jillian spent her time today defending Ed in interviews. She is reported to have described how and why that date went the way it did. More importantly she says they spent time discussing ex-gf's thereby overcoming that potential problem. CH said today on Twitter they would cover that issue in the finale.

    Next Monday TPTB will spend the night until the last five minutes using Kip and Reid to cast as much doubt as possible to keep your interest. Keep in mind that already the propaganda machine this week with all the interviews has been busy cleaning up Ed's image and having Jillian show her approval of her F1. Regardless of what we all think about TPTB they want, make that need, a happy couple too. They need this franchise to continue. It is a goldmine especially since they went to the two hour Episode format.

    There will be a happy couple. Jillian said not everyone would like her choice.
    Again this week is being spent selling us on watching next week and defending her decision. It appears that she did choose someone. We think - know- it's ED.

    I need to ad that TPTB don't produce this show for the people on the boards or the spoilers. They make their money off the other 12,000,000 that could be tuning in for next weeks FRC. Therefore always try to review the show form the perspective of the non-spoiled watcher and follow the edit of the show and interviews to decide what will happen. I always enjoy two things. First who handles the speed dating format of the show best and second who is best at building a relaionship. IMHO in Bachelor 13 it was Molly and in Batch/ette 5 it's Ed. People raised in Michigan do well in this show. Jillian's BFF in an interview after the M&G said that Ed was exactly what she had hoped to find. I's like to get ahold of Jillian's famous list and compare Ed to it. The more we see the better he seems to fit. BTW he did not sign himself up but the show called and recruited him. They seem to have found a good fit. Enjoy the show and join us here for the celebration party Monday night.

    You really got me wound up there. I have a 6:30 AM appointment in the morning. It's 1:02 AM here. I need to get some sleep one of these nights. This is sure addictive.
    Yes, this show sure is addictive, eowenc, and this forum too.
    I should have been in bed an hour ago myself (I'm on the West Coast).
    From now on, I've got to read the forum earlier in the evening - LOL.
    Marti

  3. #453
    Gone Fishin' eowenc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    1,243

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart;3602651;
    Yes, this show sure is addictive, eowenc, and this forum too.
    I should have been in bed an hour ago myself (I'm on the West Coast).
    From now on, I've got to read the forum earlier in the evening - LOL.
    It's now 1:56 my time and I'm for sure going to bed. Thanks for your advice. I will start earlier or write less or read less. I need for Tuesday to be over so I can rest. Maybe some counceling too.

    Ed and Jillian have captured my imagination like Jason and Molly did last season but I wasn't reading the boards then.

    Your earlier posts were interesting maybe I can respond tomorrow.

  4. #454
    Gone Fishin' eowenc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    1,243

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    I can't believe that I am back for more.

    Everyone, you have to see that sneak preview at abc.com. No one can convince me now that Ed will not be F1. Any doubts will be eliminated. And everyone is going to grow to love this guy. Like I said earlier they will work this week selling the general audience on Jillians F1 and taking care of any doubts left about his image. They started at the MTA by casting doubt but this is the best example yet of the sales job coming this week.

    Enjoy it. It is terrific. He is so loose and comfortable. And just naturally saying all the right things.

    jlccaz called him a fun loving fratboy not the nerdy computer geek you would expect early in the sluething research. She nailed that. Now that it's public we can discuss that on this non sluething thread.

  5. #455
    Music Maker Mozart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Oceanside, California
    Posts
    324

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Hi again, eowenc,
    I really enjoyed your post and appreciate the part of your letter where you ask us to watch the show through the eyes of the average viewer - not the people here on FORT.
    Another thing about Ed that I noticed right away was certainly how movie-star gorgeous he is. Very unusual.
    Kind of like "one-time-only gorgeous". Extremely rare.
    I'm glad that Ed doesn't seem to be interested in being an actor or a celebrity.
    I feel that he and Jillian will have a much better life in private, away from the media and the spotlight.
    Ed is such a nice guy and is modest, unassuming, and fun.
    But his looks are so unusual and hark back to my Mom's day and the male movie stars back then.
    Ed is a dead ringer for British heartthrob Dirk Bogarde ("Darling") and resembles American leading man Tyrone Power a lot.
    He is also a dead ringer for Olympic figure skating champion from 1994, the Russian Alexei Urmanov.
    So Ed could easily be a leading man and movie star if he has (or even if he hasn't) any acting talent.
    I think though that Jillian and Ed will enjoy their private life and building a full, loving life together.
    It's funny, eowenc - I had the same feeling about Molly from Jason's season that you did.
    All along, I felt that of all the women vying for Jason's heart, that Molly was the best fit with Jason and the woman whom he would love and feel is his soul mate.
    Yes, it must be the air and the water in Michigan.
    I'm glad that they are happy and hope that their relationship proves to be the "forever" kind.
    Of course, it's a shame what the producers put Melissa through. That should not have happened at all.
    Jason wanted Molly; Molly should have been F1.
    I also enjoy the true, genuine love story, the way you describe that the Bachelor franchise used to be.
    But....in a way, looking through all the roadblocks that the producers wanted to distract us with - we can still see the endearing story of Jillian and Ed.
    I've thought about Jesse.
    From the first, Ed has been my favorite, but during the hometown dates, I looked at the beautiful, rolling hills in Carmel, California, and the wine business the family has there; I thought: What an ideal way to live!
    If Jillian had been in love with Jesse, she would have had a very fulfilling life there. Jillian appreciates fine wine too (but I don't want her to be or to become an alcoholic).
    Actually, I don't even know if that gorgeous ranch spread at Carmel really belongs to Jesse's family.
    For reasons of privacy, the producers may not have used their real property at all (as during Jason's "home" in the heart of Seattle).
    But that life is not for Jillian.
    She would only want to build her future life and be where Ed is.
    Marti

  6. #456
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    13

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3602521;
    Wow! I must agree with a lot of what you describe. I have watched every one of these crazy shows from the beginning. This season started off for me like I was watching Meridith and Ian. Back then TPTB were not as sophiscated as they are today at covering up the obvious, presenting obstacles to the relationship, etc. Meridith completely had the hots for Ian from the get go and TPTB were unable to cast doubt or coverup like they have this season. Even the terrific sluethers in the spoiler threads still don't know who or how the FRC plays out.

    He had her at 'Hello I'm Ed'. Then their 1 on 1 at the M&G confirmed her thoughts about him. Go on a 1 on 1 and risk your life coming down the side of a building. He wasn't even sure it was legal. Take her thoughts away then kiss her. Flirt with each other in front of everyone 10 minutes after arriving in her home town about hot tubs. Then drunken Ed which she loves (surprise he's not so nerdy he is really fun) keeps her up all night thinking about him at her own risk and peril as you describe so well.

    At this point Kip has been showcased and no one knows Reid at all. Some of the audience think it might be Jake after their date. Then Episode 5 he tells all the guys how he feels about her and in so many words how their relationship is progressing so rapidly and he can't understand it.

    Now he leaves who cares why, doesn't matter, TPTB can tell another story with Ed out of the way. TPTB have to tell another story to keep the viewers.
    She is crushed and it is obvious to everyone. She looks terrible at the first RC after Ed leaves and I have already discussed how Ed without being there was a principle focus of the train ride. Then we learn that neurotic sweet Reid has decision and commitment issues. That's a great interesting story but that's not going to fly. Jill's now panicing she needs to find 5 men for HTD's and three have to be good enough for FD's. There's a train wreck about to happen if something doesn't happen soon. A week of HTD's where Reid's great family confirms all her concerns about him. Kip's mother is so intense and protective of him she had to have concerns. Jesse's (my personal favorite) brother want's to know if they have been naked together. Can you believe Jillian answered 'no that comes later'. Michael's twin and the rest of the family are just as much fun as he is but he's not in her league maturity wise. Then Wes (and Jake) what can I say. TPTB probably said he has to go to Spain we need a fourth.

    Jillians choices are now severly limited but, ta da, Ed comes to her rescue is invited to the RC. Remember Kip's and Reid's reactions. Oh no he's back!

    Ed's now rested cool and has a plan to 'Go for it'. That Spain date they couldn't keep their hands off each other and that was pure attraction and desire causing that. When he says yes to the fantasy suite and she says NO. He starts to withdraw but Jillian grabs his hand to explain why but gives in so they can have more time together.

    Let's go to Maui for more. He is so comfortable in his own skin he is willing to dress in shorts that most here are critical of. He has thought out the game plan and delivers all the last pieces to overcome her concerns. Mostly meeting the parents because of the lack of a HTD. We will have a chance to compare their families next week but most remember Jillians from Jason's visit. They confirm that their roots are similar and they are the first from both their families (I know that's true of Ed) to become college grads and go on to the big city to great success. Then the E.D. FD problem that TPTB insinuated. He says 'She is smoking hot. But why is she interested in me? etc.
    Jillian spent her time today defending Ed in interviews. She is reported to have described how and why that date went the way it did. More importantly she says they spent time discussing ex-gf's thereby overcoming that potential problem. CH said today on Twitter they would cover that issue in the finale.

    Next Monday TPTB will spend the night until the last five minutes using Kip and Reid to cast as much doubt as possible to keep your interest. Keep in mind that already the propaganda machine this week with all the interviews has been busy cleaning up Ed's image and having Jillian show her approval of her F1. Regardless of what we all think about TPTB they want, make that need, a happy couple too. They need this franchise to continue. It is a goldmine especially since they went to the two hour Episode format.

    There will be a happy couple. Jillian said not everyone would like her choice.
    Again this week is being spent selling us on watching next week and defending her decision. It appears that she did choose someone. We think - know- it's ED.

    I need to ad that TPTB don't produce this show for the people on the boards or the spoilers. They make their money off the other 12,000,000 that could be tuning in for next weeks FRC. Therefore always try to review the show form the perspective of the non-spoiled watcher and follow the edit of the show and interviews to decide what will happen. I always enjoy two things. First who handles the speed dating format of the show best and second who is best at building a relaionship. IMHO in Bachelor 13 it was Molly and in Batch/ette 5 it's Ed. People raised in Michigan do well in this show. Jillian's BFF in an interview after the M&G said that Ed was exactly what she had hoped to find. I's like to get ahold of Jillian's famous list and compare Ed to it. The more we see the better he seems to fit. BTW he did not sign himself up but the show called and recruited him. They seem to have found a good fit. Enjoy the show and join us here for the celebration party Monday night.

    You really got me wound up there. I have a 6:30 AM appointment in the morning. It's 1:02 AM here. I need to get some sleep one of these nights. This is sure addictive.
    Wow its so nice to read something positive about Ed here!! It seems all of the threads on the spoiler board are just way over the top in their dislike of Ed. I agree its been Ed since night one. It has been so obvious. He's a great guy but not perfect. I'm so excited for monday night. I've watched every season of the bachelor and the bachelorette and this season has been the best so far. FINALLY we get the LOVE STORY. I can't wait!

  7. #457
    Gone Fishin' eowenc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    1,243

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart;3602731;
    Hi again, eowenc,
    I really enjoyed your post and appreciate the part of your letter where you ask us to watch the show through the eyes of the average viewer - not the people here on FORT.
    Another thing about Ed that I noticed right away was certainly how movie-star gorgeous he is. Very unusual.
    Kind of like "one-time-only gorgeous". Extremely rare.
    I'm glad that Ed doesn't seem to be interested in being an actor or a celebrity.
    I feel that he and Jillian will have a much better life in private, away from the media and the spotlight.
    Ed is such a nice guy and is modest, unassuming, and fun.
    But his looks are so unusual and hark back to my Mom's day and the male movie stars back then.
    Ed is a dead ringer for British heartthrob Dirk Bogarde ("Darling") and resembles American leading man Tyrone Power a lot.
    He is also a dead ringer for Olympic figure skating champion from 1994, the Russian Alexei Urmanov.
    So Ed could easily be a leading man and movie star if he has (or even if he hasn't) any acting talent.
    I think though that Jillian and Ed will enjoy their private life and building a full, loving life together.
    It's funny, eowenc - I had the same feeling about Molly from Jason's season that you did.
    All along, I felt that of all the women vying for Jason's heart, that Molly was the best fit with Jason and the woman whom he would love and feel is his soul mate.
    Yes, it must be the air and the water in Michigan.
    I'm glad that they are happy and hope that their relationship proves to be the "forever" kind.
    Of course, it's a shame what the producers put Melissa through. That should not have happened at all.
    Jason wanted Molly; Molly should have been F1.
    I also enjoy the true, genuine love story, the way you describe that the Bachelor franchise used to be.
    But....in a way, looking through all the roadblocks that the producers wanted to distract us with - we can still see the endearing story of Jillian and Ed.
    I've thought about Jesse.
    From the first, Ed has been my favorite, but during the hometown dates, I looked at the beautiful, rolling hills in Carmel, California, and the wine business the family has there; I thought: What an ideal way to live!
    If Jillian had been in love with Jesse, she would have had a very fulfilling life there. Jillian appreciates fine wine too (but I don't want her to be or to become an alcoholic).
    Actually, I don't even know if that gorgeous ranch spread at Carmel really belongs to Jesse's family.
    For reasons of privacy, the producers may not have used their real property at all (as during Jason's "home" in the heart of Seattle).
    But that life is not for Jillian.
    She would only want to build her future life and be where Ed is.
    For the last hour I've been rewatching over and over the previews on abc.com. I have heard that Ed looks like Denny on Grays Anatomy and couldn't see it until the snowmobiling date with his hat on shades and the ED taped over somthing on his coat. He seemed to me a dead ringer for that guy then. The tape on his coat was covering what my have been his frats initials SAE I think. They pinned down one of the lapels later in the date when he got the Rose. I notice the craziest things. Ed is extremely happy with his career and loves building software. I think it is kind of like solving a puzzle or building a model out of canned pieces. It's very challenging and he is good at it. I hope he is not a Media whore like some from this show have been. But my guess is that this show will benefit him at his work because a consultant is also a salesman and just watching him I know he has all those skills down. Remember he is a graduate of the MSU school of communication working on his Masters at DePaul University in Computer Science.

    Jillian will love Chicago it is truly a world class city. I know people who live on beatiful boats on Lake Michigan in the summer and have high rise condos all year just blocks away. They don't even own cars and enjoy all the city has to offer. Jillian likes winter sports and just a few hours drive in Michigan is skiing and snowmobiling. There is ice fishing and ice skating at parks in the city and suburbs everywhere. How am I doing selling Jilly on Chicago? We came here 32 years ago from Michigan and I still have a retirement home on a lake there so I know how much Jilly would enjoy the midwest. They could fly to Alberta anytime. The neighborhood he lives in is close to a lot of night life and I would almost say kind of exclusive. Our company works in the buildings in that neighborhood every day. I checked our records but Ed is not one of our customers.

    Between Kip and Ed it is easy to see why she loves Ed. Were you aware of her radio interview in Chicago 6/8 with Mancow? I was listening. He asked her specifically how she felt about the mens abs. Jillian responded, "Actually, I now preffer my man a little softer". Right then and there it was obvious that they were teasing the Chicago audience and Ed. I knew on June 8th based on that alone that Ed was THE ONE. Now that Kip is part of the F2 he can't win based on that interview alone. Reid could be a little softer also but TPTB have used him to get a larger audience IMHO. We will have to wait till Monday for certain but it can't be Kip and his fans know that.

    Your comments on Jason and Molly are interesting. Few seem able to admit they liked them together. As for Melissa the true story has been swept under the rug and noone will ever know. In time everyone will forget about her and we will visit Molly and Jason like Trista and Ryan and I hope Ed and Jillian in future TB and TB/ette shows. One more comment about Molly, I have said to many that she is my dear bride reincarnated but really now that her hair is her natural color she is her clone. Same personalities even my mother-in-law commented how much Molly reminds her of my bride at that age. That season was strange for me to watch.

    Again can't wait for next Monday and Tuesday.
    Last edited by eowenc; 07-23-2009 at 05:00 AM.

  8. #458
    Gone Fishin' eowenc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    1,243

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by marinewifey;3602827;
    Wow its so nice to read something positive about Ed here!! It seems all of the threads on the spoiler board are just way over the top in their dislike of Ed. I agree its been Ed since night one. It has been so obvious. He's a great guy but not perfect. I'm so excited for monday night. I've watched every season of the bachelor and the bachelorette and this season has been the best so far. FINALLY we get the LOVE STORY. I can't wait!
    You are making the same comments that every one does after they first come here. Welcome and join the party.

    ETA: I just noticed I hit my 100th post. I think I must have done 25 to 30 just today.
    Last edited by eowenc; 07-23-2009 at 05:06 AM. Reason: ETA:

  9. #459
    To love and be loved is.. goldie2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,715

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3602728;
    I can't believe that I am back for more.

    Everyone, you have to see that sneak preview at abc.com. No one can convince me now that Ed will not be F1. Any doubts will be eliminated. And everyone is going to grow to love this guy. Like I said earlier they will work this week selling the general audience on Jillians F1 and taking care of any doubts left about his image. They started at the MTA by casting doubt but this is the best example yet of the sales job coming this week.

    Enjoy it. It is terrific. He is so loose and comfortable. And just naturally saying all the right things.

    jlccaz called him a fun loving fratboy not the nerdy computer geek you would expect early in the sluething research. She nailed that. Now that it's public we can discuss that on this non sluething thread.
    I LOVED the new sneak peak..everyone has to see it!

    I adore hula dancing ,mankini wearing Ed even more now, if that's possible.
    And he seems to fit right in with Jill's family so well.

    They are going to have a blast together after this show is over and they start their real life.
    ( Jill's cousin, btw, is gorgeous )

    I didn't see Grannie on there in her hula skirt.
    I wonder if she is part of that "brilliant" ending...hmmmm

  10. #460
    FORT Fogey albean99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,285

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Some great, well thought out posts here. I agree with much of yours, Mozart, except that they planned Ed leaving. Ed would never lie about his job knowing that it would be seen on national tv. I also don't think he'd be a part of hurting Jillian for the sake of the show. Ed talked to his dad about salvaging his job so there was obviously something that went on there. Eowenc, good catch on why it said Ed on his jacket that day. They actually did try to hide Ian as the obvious f1. A lot of people here and elsewhere were sure she was picking Matthew. They trashed Ian a bit then and made his brother look really bad which angered Ian. I remember having questions after the htd even though I knew in my heart it was Ian all along. I feel the same way now with Ed.

    I also love the preview you're talking about. Ed's a fun guy. I'm glad they're finally showing it.

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.