Closed Thread
Page 45 of 624 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647484950515253545595145545 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 6232

Thread: Ed - Bachelorette 5

  1. #441
    Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,563

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by goldie2;3601917;
    well , it has to be the Cubs! He's too cool to be a Sox fan.(Just kiddin, southsiders)
    Jil will be in hot dog heaven!
    OMG, just thinking of that scene between them in Spain has got me
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

    “I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

  2. #442
    FORT Newbie Bewitched's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    38

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Glad I decided to pop in and check out this thread tongiht. It's so nice to read the positive and hopeful comments. I think it's fair to say that TPTB could care less about a happily ever after with any of the couples from the show but I really do believe this time regardless of all the obstacles and manipulations, we got to see Jillian and Ed fall in love with each other right before our eyes. Yes, hard to believe, but that is what I saw this time around. A REAL love story. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

    If Kiptyn or Reid happen to be the love of Jillian's life come Monday, I will accept it and be happy for them (and sad for Ed) because they are all good guys.

  3. #443
    Gone Fishin' eowenc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    1,243

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by goldie2;3601917;
    well , it has to be the Cubs! He's too cool to be a Sox fan.(Just kiddin, southsiders)
    Jil will be in hot dog heaven!
    It's all a payback for the plug Ed gave the Cubs on their date in Spain. Technically he is a nothsider (Cubs fans usually) based on where he lives. Cubs games are a different experience than Sox games. Both are great. I preffer the Cubs as I grew up a national league fan (Pittsburgh) and I walk to Wrigley from my offices for Cubs day games.

    I might also mention that Jason & Molly threw out the first pitch at a Brewers game against the Cubs (I think) in May. My daughter and son-in-law went to Milwaukee for that game and I had my Grandson for the weekend.
    Last edited by eowenc; 07-22-2009 at 11:08 PM.

  4. #444
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    117

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    There is a video of Ed in another message blog that showed Ed dancing the hula with Jillian's father. He wore a Hawaiian skirt, complete with the coconut bra. It is very hilarious. I don't know if I can post the website here, but, it is the side of Ed we have never seen. He was having so much fun. At one point, when he was dancing with her father, he yelled, "Forget Jillian, I have ___ (Jillian's father's name).

  5. #445
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    260

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by justaham;3602003;
    There is a video of Ed in another message blog that showed Ed dancing the hula with Jillian's father. He wore a Hawaiian skirt, complete with the coconut bra. It is very hilarious. I don't know if I can post the website here, but, it is the side of Ed we have never seen. He was having so much fun. At one point, when he was dancing with her father, he yelled, "Forget Jillian, I have ___ (Jillian's father's name).
    I think I watched the preview a millions times! Ed is AWESOME!

  6. #446
    To love and be loved is.. goldie2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,715

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3601970;
    It's all a payback for the plug Ed gave the Cubs on their date in Spain. Technically he is a nothsider (Cubs fans usually) based on where he lives. Cubs games are a different experience than Sox games. Both are great. I preffer the Cubs as I grew up a national league fan (Pittsburgh) and I walk to Wrigley from my offices for Cubs day games.

    I might also mention that Jason & Molly threw out the first pitch at a Brewers game against the Cubs (I think) in May. My daughter and son-in-law went to Milwaukee for that game and I had my Grandson for the weekend.
    Well, I have been a " bleacher bum " myself and have been " not so sober" at the Cubbie Bear !
    But I guess if Jill and Ed were at a Sox game I could possibly make an exception and suffer through watching it.. Haha
    Just to see them..of course

    But I would prefer it to be a Cubs game!
    Please let us know if you hear anymore about it..Thx
    Last edited by goldie2; 07-23-2009 at 12:01 AM.

  7. #447
    Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,563

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by justaham;3602003;
    There is a video of Ed in another message blog that showed Ed dancing the hula with Jillian's father. He wore a Hawaiian skirt, complete with the coconut bra. It is very hilarious. I don't know if I can post the website here, but, it is the side of Ed we have never seen. He was having so much fun. At one point, when he was dancing with her father, he yelled, "Forget Jillian, I have ___ (Jillian's father's name).
    It's also on the abc website as a 'sneak preview'.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

    “I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

  8. #448
    Gone Fishin' eowenc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    1,243

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by Bewitched;3601930;
    Glad I decided to pop in and check out this thread tongiht. It's so nice to read the positive and hopeful comments. I think it's fair to say that TPTB could care less about a happily ever after with any of the couples from the show but I really do believe this time regardless of all the obstacles and manipulations, we got to see Jillian and Ed fall in love with each other right before our eyes. Yes, hard to believe, but that is what I saw this time around. A REAL love story. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

    If Kiptyn or Reid happen to be the love of Jillian's life come Monday, I will accept it and be happy for them (and sad for Ed) because they are all good guys.
    Driving home this evening I was thinking about the posibility of a long term relationship for Jillian i.e. happily ever after. I think we can all agree that in her own mind that's Jillians ultimate goal. Agreed?

    Now go back to the last RC Jillian told CH how she had fallen in love with all three men and further explained in different ways. 1 Kip's photo = the new budding relationship and it's possible future. 2 Reid's picture = new happy couple just married and a happy first year. Then 3 Ed's picture = the guy coming home from work to the family in 25 years. This may foreshadow her hope of her ultimate goal i.e. happily ever after. I am worried however because that's how Jason described how he saw Melissa in 5 years as the perfect wife.

    I have no favorites. I'm here because my mind and simple logic tell me Ed is THE ONE. If Jillian is happy then I'm happy too regardless of who her F1 will be. But trust me it is going to be ED.

    Leaving now to check out the hula in the preview. You know how concerned I am about the men and their interaction with the father but I never expected this.
    Last edited by eowenc; 07-23-2009 at 12:21 AM.

  9. #449
    Gone Fishin' eowenc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    1,243

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by goldie2;3602169;
    Well, I have been a " bleacher bum " myself and have been " not so sober" at the Cubbie Bear !
    But I guess if Jill and Ed were at a Sox game I could possibly make an exception and suffer through watching it.. Haha
    Just to see them..of course

    But I would prefer it to be a Cubs game!
    Please let us know if you hear anymore about it..Thx
    What a party we could have at the Cubbie Bear (they are one of our accounts) with Ed and I hope Jillian too. Beers on me!

  10. #450
    Music Maker Mozart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Oceanside, California
    Posts
    324

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    This is the first "Bachelorette" I've watched - plus two "Bachelors".
    I imagine that what the TPTB don't want is when the happy ending (if there is one) is really obvious from the beginning.
    So IMO, this season of "The Bachelorette" must have been a nightmare of sorts for the producers.
    It just happened IMO that Jillian fell for Ed hook, line, and sinker - love at first sight - from the very moment she met him: "He had me at 'hello'"
    What do the producers do when the outcome is obvious from the beginning? (Even the other men knew, IMO, what was happening between Jillian and Ed and knew the inevitable outcome).
    So the producers have to create suspense, fake obstacles, and play up "other attractions" - other guys - to keep the audience guessing until the very end.
    Ed's leaving was a part of the producers' ploy, I believe, and Jillian at that time, was not let in on it so they could capture Jillian's shocked and devastated reaction.
    Jillian's own precious life was even at stake, unknown to the producers.
    Jillian was grieving and in shock at the loss of Ed that night.
    Candles in her bedroom were left burning.
    The grief-stricked Jillain finally fell asleep in the wee hours of the morning, still in her party dress.
    The candles happened to catch the room on fire; Jillian could have died or have been severely injured if she had not woken up in time and put out the fire......
    Jillian must have been told by the producers that she had to make the audience think that she was really attracted to some other guys; that was the game being played out.
    Surely she found some of them attractive, but she was not in love with them.
    Reid, for instance, could be a great friend.
    Jillian even had to French kiss a few guys.
    After Ed left, I'm sure that Jillian was let in on the secret - that he would be back.
    Then a relieved Jillian could concentrate on the other guys and "play her part".
    After Ed's return, new obstacles were invented to keep up the suspense that Jillian might chose another fellow.
    But it was Ed all along. Only Ed. THE ONE.
    I'm sure (as a woman) that Jillain did not have an affair with any of the other guys.
    Perhaps Ed - but that is her business.......
    Jillian didn't just know a week before the FRC that she would choose Ed.
    From the very beginning, she knew that it could be no other man but Ed.
    My gut and heart told me this from the very beginning too.
    It was wonderful seeing this real-life love story unfold and develop and to see the love and great tenderness and affection between Jillian and Ed.
    Ed is a keeper!
    When Jilian joked on the Jimmy Kimmel show that she would keep the winner "for a few months at least!" - Jillian didn't mean it; she was only joking.
    I hope that Jillian and Ed have a long and happy life together.
    I wish also that there would later be a mailing list where we could keep up with news on Jillian and Ed....what they are doing.....when Jillian becomes pregnant...updates on their life together.
    I don't want them to live in the spotlight though.
    That could be destructive - especially for future children.
    A huge surprise (the last five minutes) would be for them to announce when the wedding will be.
    Could it possibly be on ATFR?
    .
    Last edited by Mozart; 07-23-2009 at 12:24 AM.
    Marti

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.