Closed Thread
Page 44 of 624 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849505152535494144544 ... LastLast

Thread: Ed - Bachelorette 5

FORT Fan

Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

I just watched her interview on Jimmy Kimmel. Anyone notice she called Ed "my guy?" She made slips before in interviews when talking about Ed.

I also read her press conference interview today, and she said they talked about ex-gfs in Hawaii. So maybe there is nothing on that front to resolve. She did give him a pretty focused description about being balanced.

cantstopwatchin, thanks for compiling that summary - it's great! It's easier to read all of it together and see that the season had a solid storyline in play. Ed's the ending that makes the most sense so it's what I think happens. Either that or she's alone.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3599517;
    They need to go one step further to address the honesty. According to CH they will do that in the finale. Could that be the confession? Jillian also has said in interviews that it's a cliffhanger. We will think that she has no one and then the last 5 minutes 'Brilliant'. Can't wait for Monday to celebrate! Am I getting over confident?
    I always wonder that! As a lifelong Red Sox fanatic, old ways die hard and I have to always prepare myself for the worst that way if the best happens, I'm happily surprised. I just keep telling myself that if it's not Ed in the end, then she still must've chosen a great guy FOR HER and I'll be happy for them. Jillian's had 3 great guys as her F3 and this is the first season I've felt that way; I just hope it works out for her and her F1 in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3600939;
    I think this season has melted my cold, cynical heart.

It may not last (although secretly, I think it might), it may not even be real (but it sure looks real to me!) and if it's not I'll be fine because I'm not invested after the final credits roll...but in the meantime...

Whew...I feel kind of like I did the first time my overly romantic soul saw Titanic. (hee! hope that's not a bad omen! )
    Phyllie, I'm right there with you. I may have seen things all wrong but I still think we've seen a fantastic love story this season between Jillian & Ed!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

To love and be loved is.. goldie2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3600939;
    I've always loved Ed and from what I could see, I think Jillian always has been the most into him. There was a little something that made me question Ed and his sincerity, but eeeekkk...

I think this season has melted my cold, cynical heart.

It may not last (although secretly, I think it might), it may not even be real (but it sure looks real to me!) and if it's not I'll be fine because I'm not invested after the final credits roll...but in the meantime...

Whew...I feel kind of like I did the first time my overly romantic soul saw Titanic. (hee! hope that's not a bad omen! )
    I couldn't agree more.. It has been a long, long time since we have seen such
    a genuine connection actually play out to a finale and AFTER.
    There have been so many disasters or near misses on this show. It is easy to
    believe that this format could never really produce a "real love match" in the end.It would be like a bolt of lightening striking them ,the odds are that low.

This shows track record is not great, there have been some that have made it though, and genuinely gave it a real go.A real love was formed from the show and developed into a lasting relationship after .

For how long, I don't think anyone can really say. REAL Life has REAL challenges.

But I think Jill and ED are the REAL deal here.
    And I think the bond and connection formed IN SPITE of the show is very a powerful thing.
    Jill and ED seem to have that intangible "IT" factor together, like a "meant to be together" feeling about them.
    Whether you call it FATE or soulmates or just being the right time for this kind of love to come into their lives ,it doesn't really matter.

I think lightening may have struck here with these two.
    And timing is everything...
    I'm excited for the finale.. It has been a long time since we've gotten a real happy ending.
    Last edited by goldie2; 07-22-2009 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3599558;
    Great recap Cantstopwatchin! There are so many details and nuances, hidden scenes and conversations that we may never see, but one thing is apparent about this pair -- their love connection which Fleiss has done his best to hide. They will complete their full circle soon.

The other interesting detail in her recent blog is that she was so upset the night Ed left Whistler, that she layed in bed with her RC dress on and finally fell asleep at 5 am leaving the lit candles burning. The candle flame caught on something and Jillian woke up to a fire in the room. She managed to put the fire out with a pot of coffee which ended up all over her it sounds. So with Ed's inebriated flirtation and her room fire, we know there was a lot of hidden drama between the two of them.
    One not so hidden but never really shown moment was in the first nights previews when we saw Ed tell her he hates these guys. Now we know that happened when she was sitting on the sofa after the Episode 4 RC with drunk Ed.

Throwing out a bone to Team Ed ...he was supposedly asked weeks ago to throw out the first pitch at a Cubs (Sox??) game. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3601677;
    Throwing out a bone to Team Ed ...he was supposedly asked weeks ago to throw out the first pitch at a Cubs (Sox??) game. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
    Which game? My son-in-law has season tickets to the CUBS and he owes me a game for father's day.

Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3601727;
    Which game? My son-in-law has season tickets to the CUBS and he owes me a game for father's day.
    I will try to find out. That would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3601677;
    Shhh...don't let Team Reid hear about that, they'll be convinced Ed lied to get the girl so he could get on the field! (just joshin')

To love and be loved is.. goldie2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3601794;
    Shhh...don't let Team Reid hear about that, they'll be convinced Ed lied to get the girl so he could get on the field! (just joshin')
    well , it has to be the Cubs! He's too cool to be a Sox fan.(Just kiddin, southsiders)
    Jil will be in hot dog heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by loveski;3601190;
    I just watched her interview on Jimmy Kimmel. Anyone notice she called Ed "my guy?" She made slips before in interviews when talking about Ed.

I also read her press conference interview today, and she said they talked about ex-gfs in Hawaii. So maybe there is nothing on that front to resolve. She did give him a pretty focused description about being balanced.

cantstopwatchin, thanks for compiling that summary - it's great! It's easier to read all of it together and see that the season had a solid storyline in play. Ed's the ending that makes the most sense so it's what I think happens. Either that or she's alone.
    I am just returning from the ABC viewer where I rewatched her interview and I didn't see or hear that. Wait, I take that back she said she wanted to make sure her guy could maybe not handle his beer but was fun... and of course Ed was. Jilly said that Ed was the guy you wanted to invite to your wedding. Jimmy responds - yeh - but maybe not as the groom. Jilly then responded 'Ah come on'.

Closed Thread