Closed Thread
Page 42 of 624 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647484950515292142542 ... LastLast

Thread: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by mellybeans;3598003;
    Ok, this is my first post on FORT ever. I have been lurking here for most of the season trying to piece all the clues together. I have to say, I LOVE this thread, because I am a HUGE Ed/Jillian fan, and to my eyes, he is the only sensible choice for her. Seriously, these two sizzle together. Reid, in my opinion, looks and acts like her little brother, and Kip is so.not.into.her (and at this point, is a complete non-entity anyway).

Anyway, my point for posting is that I'm afraid I have become too invested in this train wreck of a show. Someone please tell me it will be ok and reassure me of all the reasons that Jillian will indeed pick Ed. I've been over to the spoilers section, and all those Reid lovers have me seriously doubting that Ed will prevail. (I am especially worried about a certain screen cap with the pin stripe suit-hope its ok to post that here).

Help ease the nerves of this obsessed Jed fan!
    Well, this is just my opinion of course, but these're the reasons I firmly believe Ed is THE ONE. I apologize if I jump around b/c I'm going to try to fill in some blanks based on interviews and such given while the season aired as well.

Their 1:1 date set the groundwork for the rest of the season--during it, Jillian learned that Ed can be daring if he wants (though he said he'll never do *that* again), she learned she can have 'a natural conversation with him' in the pool, and then they continued learning more about each other during dinner. They talked about REAL events; work, what he does to relax, and how it's hard for him to open up so quickly in relationships. We saw that Jillian is so enchanted with him that she loses her train of thought while they're talking. THEN, Ed had a night in the mansion with her by himself. Robby appeared the following night and then it was just the 2 of them the following day there. However, we learned from Jillian's blog that Ed wore a silk robe and cucumber masks. Obviously, they were all having a good time in the house together. This was special, 'real' time that neither Kiptyn nor Reid shared with her.

Vancouver-Jillian didn't get to spend too much time with Ed b/c his (and Reid's) team lost at curling. [Which if you add up all the time together, Reid has had barely ANY at this point!] The MTA show added something in there, though. We hear Jillian say that she wanted to talk to Ed, though he was too inebriated to do so. Rather than this being a turn off, Jillian thinks it's hysterical. Last night on Kimmel, she said that she'd originally seen Ed as this very serious, very business-oriented guy and then that night she saw how funny he was and it helped her at a time when she was very stressed out.

In Whistler, we hear Ed tell the guys that he's opened up a lot to Jillian, which is something he's never done before so quickly (thus negating what he'd said to Jillian on their 1:1 date) and that he liked her a lot. However, Ed left and she was devastated--so much so that she thought she was going to get sick. She didn't realize the depth of her feelings until he walked out the door. We saw her that night at the RC and she was still crying over him when talking to CH. CH even remarked that she seemed more upset about Ed's leaving then she did when she was cut by Jason. After Ed left, (per Tanner's interview), we hear that Jillian stopped hanging out with the guys when they weren't filming like she'd used to. This took away time from her other F2 guys, Reid & Kiptyn.

HTD-time came (and as Cape observed!) they STILL focused on Ed's journey with Jillian. Instead of focusing more on Reid & Kiptyn's HTDs, they focused on Wes (time filler) and Ed's return. We learned at the MTA that part of Jillian wanted to play hard to get or to turn him away but she just couldn't; it's not what her heart wanted! Jillian's demeanor did a 180 after he left the hotel room. She got all giddy and in a scene we hadn't seen before, she laughed with him when she gave him the rose at the RC that night.

Spain came and she wanted to make up for lost time. She wants to know what his HTD would've been like and he spends his time reassuring her that he's 100% there for her this time. She accepts the fantasy suite and they spend 'til 7am talking. [Wasn't she supposed to be heading to see Wes that day?]

Hawaii dates come and Ed takes away the last possible doubt she could have about him--his parents are there and she gets to meet him. It'd be impossible for anyone to see how excited she was to meet them as she couldn't stop talking. It was as if she wanted to fit in as much as she could in those brief hours. They play up what happened in the fantasy suite but in the end, it doesn't matter. She cuts Reid anyways.

Jillian has made the comment that she knew who she was going to pick about a week in advance and then it changed. [Or something like that.] I fully believe that after meeting Ed's parents, the pieces of the puzzle were all put together and any doubts were taken away.

Next week, Reid is going to come back but it won't matter; it's just going to make her more upset at having to turn him away again. She chose her F2 for a reason (and as she said in her People blog, it was NOT because she wanted to be assured of an engagement at the end!) and had them meet her family. Reid was not included in this for a reason; she didn't see forever with him. I think she made a great friend (as she is to Jason) but that was it.

Ed has been THE ONE from almost the very beginning, thus her full circle comment. She thought he was 'it' close to the very beginning. Then he left and she thought she'd be left thinking about him in the end (as she told his mother). Then he returned, answered all her questions, and wiped away her doubt. This brought her back to the realization that he was THE ONE, thus bringing her back full circle to her original thoughts in the beginning of the season.

Ugh, SOO sorry this has turned into a book but I think there are a TON of things that have pointed to Ed as THE ONE since the very beginning. If it's Reid or Kiptyn then they left tons & tons of their stories out.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Edited to add: Great post, CSW.

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3599117;
    Kip, I think likes Jilly as a good friend, doesn't seem like he's in love with her..

Reid, indecisive, that was his downfall.

Ed is the only that has told Jilly that he loves her, talked about living in Chicago, having children.
    I agree. They talk about life in the real world and after the "honeymoon stage" is over. I haven't seen that with the other two. I can't be bothered by the spoiler section anymore because I'm to the point that I feel sure about who she picks and don't feel the need to argue about it.

Jillian addressed "drunk Ed" on Jimmy Kimmel and seemed to be happy that she (and we) saw something other than serious hard working Ed. I also have a history in my family and friends of alcohol related accidents/deaths including alcoholism so I'm not one to look at it lightly but this was one incident on a reality show and didn't involve driving at all. I can laugh at it just like I can laugh at shows like Grey's Anatomy even though I've lost family to cancer and other diseases. That's not to say that everyone should be the same. Differences are good in life.
    Last edited by albean99; 07-22-2009 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3599160;
    Ugh, SOO sorry this has turned into a book but I think there are a TON of things that have pointed to Ed as THE ONE since the very beginning. If it's Reid or Kiptyn then they left tons & tons of their stories out.
    Great job cantstopwatchin. You are the best. No one could have said that better. You should write summaries for a magazine or a blog site.

Cantstopwatchin -- great job laying out the robust storyline created for and/or experienced by Ed/Jill as a couple. Conceptually/analytically, it has more texture, conflict, resolution, romance, and I think this is how it will end (speculating).

The producers/editors throw and "tease" curve balls, but at the end of the day, the finale result is supported by a certain allocation of airtime over the arc of the season, that I do not believe we have seen for Reid, nor are enough "minutes" available to make that an understandable outcome of Monday's episode. My suspicion is that Reid's return is used as a preview "teaser" to create faux-suspense and doubt, rather than to foretell outcome.

P.S. I found my link to Ed's wish list on Amazon. In addition to the Lush Life Party Ice Luge available for $24.50, the other item was "Fred Bombed Beerbands," set of 12 for $6.00. Depending upon your budget, you can consider sending the Happy Couple either of these wished for items. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3599293;
    Cantstopwatchin -- great job laying out the robust storyline created for and/or experienced by Ed/Jill as a couple. Conceptually/analytically, it has more texture, conflict, resolution, romance, and I think this is how it will end (speculating).

The producers/editors throw and "tease" curve balls, but at the end of the day, the finale result is supported by a certain allocation of airtime over the arc of the season, that I do not believe we have seen for Reid, nor are enough "minutes" available to make that an understandable outcome of Monday's episode. My suspicion is that Reid's return is used as a preview "teaser" to create faux-suspense and doubt, rather than to foretell outcome.

P.S. I found my link to Ed's wish list on Amazon. In addition to the Lush Life Party Ice Luge available for $24.50, the other item was "Fred Bombed Beerbands," set of 12 for $6.00. Depending upon your budget, you can consider sending the Happy Couple either of these wished for items. LOL.
    ITA. You nailed Ed's personality very early on this season. TPTB didn't reveal it to us until recently. Jilly's comments last night confirm it was never nerdy Ed. It was always fun to laugh with or at Ed.

edfan

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3599160;
    Well, this is just my opinion of course, but these're the reasons I firmly believe Ed is THE ONE. I apologize if I jump around b/c I'm going to try to fill in some blanks based on interviews and such given while the season aired as well.

Their 1:1 date set the groundwork for the rest of the season--during it, Jillian learned that Ed can be daring if he wants (though he said he'll never do *that* again), she learned she can have 'a natural conversation with him' in the pool, and then they continued learning more about each other during dinner. They talked about REAL events; work, what he does to relax, and how it's hard for him to open up so quickly in relationships. We saw that Jillian is so enchanted with him that she loses her train of thought while they're talking. THEN, Ed had a night in the mansion with her by himself. Robby appeared the following night and then it was just the 2 of them the following day there. However, we learned from Jillian's blog that Ed wore a silk robe and cucumber masks. Obviously, they were all having a good time in the house together. This was special, 'real' time that neither Kiptyn nor Reid shared with her.

Vancouver-Jillian didn't get to spend too much time with Ed b/c his (and Reid's) team lost at curling. [Which if you add up all the time together, Reid has had barely ANY at this point!] The MTA show added something in there, though. We hear Jillian say that she wanted to talk to Ed, though he was too inebriated to do so. Rather than this being a turn off, Jillian thinks it's hysterical. Last night on Kimmel, she said that she'd originally seen Ed as this very serious, very business-oriented guy and then that night she saw how funny he was and it helped her at a time when she was very stressed out.

In Whistler, we hear Ed tell the guys that he's opened up a lot to Jillian, which is something he's never done before so quickly (thus negating what he'd said to Jillian on their 1:1 date) and that he liked her a lot. However, Ed left and she was devastated--so much so that she thought she was going to get sick. She didn't realize the depth of her feelings until he walked out the door. We saw her that night at the RC and she was still crying over him when talking to CH. CH even remarked that she seemed more upset about Ed's leaving then she did when she was cut by Jason. After Ed left, (per Tanner's interview), we hear that Jillian stopped hanging out with the guys when they weren't filming like she'd used to. This took away time from her other F2 guys, Reid & Kiptyn.

HTD-time came (and as Cape observed!) they STILL focused on Ed's journey with Jillian. Instead of focusing more on Reid & Kiptyn's HTDs, they focused on Wes (time filler) and Ed's return. We learned at the MTA that part of Jillian wanted to play hard to get or to turn him away but she just couldn't; it's not what her heart wanted! Jillian's demeanor did a 180 after he left the hotel room. She got all giddy and in a scene we hadn't seen before, she laughed with him when she gave him the rose at the RC that night.

Spain came and she wanted to make up for lost time. She wants to know what his HTD would've been like and he spends his time reassuring her that he's 100% there for her this time. She accepts the fantasy suite and they spend 'til 7am talking. [Wasn't she supposed to be heading to see Wes that day?]

Hawaii dates come and Ed takes away the last possible doubt she could have about him--his parents are there and she gets to meet him. It'd be impossible for anyone to see how excited she was to meet them as she couldn't stop talking. It was as if she wanted to fit in as much as she could in those brief hours. They play up what happened in the fantasy suite but in the end, it doesn't matter. She cuts Reid anyways.

Jillian has made the comment that she knew who she was going to pick about a week in advance and then it changed. [Or something like that.] I fully believe that after meeting Ed's parents, the pieces of the puzzle were all put together and any doubts were taken away.

Next week, Reid is going to come back but it won't matter; it's just going to make her more upset at having to turn him away again. She chose her F2 for a reason (and as she said in her People blog, it was NOT because she wanted to be assured of an engagement at the end!) and had them meet her family. Reid was not included in this for a reason; she didn't see forever with him. I think she made a great friend (as she is to Jason) but that was it.

Ed has been THE ONE from almost the very beginning, thus her full circle comment. She thought he was 'it' close to the very beginning. Then he left and she thought she'd be left thinking about him in the end (as she told his mother). Then he returned, answered all her questions, and wiped away her doubt. This brought her back to the realization that he was THE ONE, thus bringing her back full circle to her original thoughts in the beginning of the season.

Great post! Couldn't agree more!!!

edfan

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3595244;
    I don't think Ed's being drunk was that bad, others were slamming him in another thread. Ed showed a different side last night, his sense of humor, funny side, not the serious Ed we always see.
    Agreed! I thought he was hysterical, and a free-spirit. Before we have had the impression that he was "all work and no play", and now they are showing us that he is able to cut loose, which is what Jillian wants. They find humor in the same things, which is why they are perfect She is getting the whole package with Ed - beauty, intelligence, compassion, love, humor, and honesty.

Quote Originally Posted by edfan;3599482;
    Agreed! I thought he was hysterical, and a free-spirit. Before we have had the impression that he was "all work and no play", and now they are showing us that he is able to cut loose, which is what Jillian wants. They find humor in the same things, which is why they are perfect She is getting the whole package with Ed - beauty, intelligence, compassion, love, humor, and honesty.
    They need to go one step further to address the honesty. According to CH they will do that in the finale. Could that be the confession? Jillian also has said in interviews that it's a cliffhanger. We will think that she has no one and then the last 5 minutes 'Brilliant'. Can't wait for Monday to celebrate! Am I getting over confident?
    Last edited by eowenc; 07-22-2009 at 01:04 PM.

edfan

Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3599517;
    They need to go one step further to address the honesty. According to CH they will do that in the finale. Could that be the confession? Jillian also has said in interviews that it's a cliffhanger. We will think that she has no one and then the last 5 minutes 'Brilliant'. Can't wait for Monday to celebrate! Am I getting over confident?
    I agree - there could be a confession coming from Ed. But I do think he was honest about having to take care of things with his job. In this economy you really can't afford to lose your job. I don't want to be too confident either, and Monday can't get here soon enough!

Great recap Cantstopwatchin! There are so many details and nuances, hidden scenes and conversations that we may never see, but one thing is apparent about this pair -- their love connection which Fleiss has done his best to hide. They will complete their full circle soon.

The other interesting detail in her recent blog is that she was so upset the night Ed left Whistler, that she layed in bed with her RC dress on and finally fell asleep at 5 am leaving the lit candles burning. The candle flame caught on something and Jillian woke up to a fire in the room. She managed to put the fire out with a pot of coffee which ended up all over her it sounds. So with Ed's inebriated flirtation and her room fire, we know there was a lot of hidden drama between the two of them.

Closed Thread