Closed Thread
Page 4 of 624 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104504 ... LastLast

Thread: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Well I am one who is having a problem with Ed. One of the reasons is that I think he is her "rebound" guy. He has the same coloring and "look" as Jason and that may be playing subtle music in her mind. I'm also concerned that he still isn't really ready to balance work and home. This one may lead to another Bach/ette fizzle if it goes that far.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Regular

Oh my gosh, I can't believe you could look at and listen to Ed and think "Jason." They seem so completely different, imo.

In a sense, all of these guys are rebound guys, as you put it, aren't they? Hair and eye coloring wouldn't seem to me to be an indicator of whether or not Jillian could have real feelings for someone.

I think Ed has his priorities straight--put the time and effort in when single to get yourself into a financially secure situation so you can support and spend time with your family down the road. Nothing wrong with that.

FORT Newbie

I've been reading so many posts -- and I cannot for the life of me understand how anyone could consider anyone but Ed as a match for Jillian. I'm older than most of you (and can't believe I'm posting), have been married for many years, and I really see that he is sooooo genuine and sincere. He's also very, very intelligent. And while he may have trouble opening up, I actually think he did a great job expressing himself in a very real way. To me, Ed is a man among boys -- and I hope Jillian sees that.

Quote Originally Posted by Topiary13;3487994;
    I'm a new poster here and it warms my heart to see some "fogeys" who like Ed as much as I do. Not sure why he isn't getting much attention from the rest of you--he seems so genuine. Must be some spoilers somewhere that say he doesn't go far so most here aren't rallying for him.

I think people just want to look like they are "right" at the end of all of this.

Ed seems like a nice guy (I don't know him), but that's really up for Jillian to decide.

If she doesn't pick Ed, at least he'll still be on the market

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Topiary13;3487994;
    I'm a new poster here and it warms my heart to see some "fogeys" who like Ed as much as I do. Not sure why he isn't getting much attention from the rest of you--he seems so genuine. Must be some spoilers somewhere that say he doesn't go far so most here aren't rallying for him.

I totally think he is going to the end. He is funny, polished, professional, nice and a gentleman. Plus he's gorgeous, with kind, smiley eyes and a killer smile. Love his understated confidence and obvious intelligence.

Go Ed!
    I think Ed is one of the guys who is getting the most attention on these boards. Fwiw I am into Ed.

Speaking for chemistry -- I think you can see it between Jill and Ed, Reid, Kiptyn, Michael (more of an intellectual chemistry), and maybe a more one sided chemistry on Jill's part for Wes.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3488009;
    Well I am one who is having a problem with Ed. One of the reasons is that I think he is her "rebound" guy. He has the same coloring and "look" as Jason and that may be playing subtle music in her mind. I'm also concerned that he still isn't really ready to balance work and home. This one may lead to another Bach/ette fizzle if it goes that far.
    Oh, Ariel... . I know it's just my opinion, but I don't think he looks ANYTHING like Jason. Ed's got dark hair and blue eyes (my personal preference) and is actually good looking. Jason, OTOH (as I always mentioned in the previous 2 seasons) wasn't that above and beyond any of the other guys, except when we thought he was a nice guy, and then he debunked that myth. AND, Ed is nice and tall... I bet Jillian would feel nice and 'womanly' around him. Jason didn't have that going for him either.

Don't mean for this to sound argumentative b/c I don't mean it that way at all; I just saw your post and felt I had to take a stand that Ed's nothing like Jason AT ALL in the looks department.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3488009;
    It's weird how we see things differently. I don't see Jason at all, in any way!

I agree - no Jason in Ed! Looking back on Jason - I felt like he knew all the things to say - he was smooth. I don't feel that way about Ed at all!! I get the feeling we won't get much Ed love at all tonight since he was so heavily featured last week!

Does anyone notice that Ed (with the exception of eye color) looks almost EXACTLY like an actor named Tom Cavanagh? And ironically, he starred in a TV series back in 2000 on NBC named Ed.

FORT Newbie

Hunky Bulky sat on a wall, Hunky Bulky had a great fall...for Jillian.

theres a lot of speculation about Ed:
    *appearing guilty during Jillian's confrontation pre RC in episode 4.
    and more so,
    *being the one to leave the show, for personal reasons.
    We as viewers only know about Ed through his interactions with Jillian, and I think there is sufficient information to deduce something a little more credible about Ed.

Like Jillian said, he was a "late arrival" but that she saw something in him and and was attracted to him from the get-go. Their first conversation pre RC1 reflected their similarities regarding their social lives...Ed saying he is an "open and positive person" who "looks at the bright side of things" and his observation that she too has an open mind and outgoing nature. So while Ed has a quiet confidence about him, Jillian exudes her confidence by her outgoing personality.

Their mutual attraction and compatibility is then emphasized during their one-on-one date. While this was an early date for the season, again I think there was a lot we could extract from their interaction during the date that supports why Ed is a strong contestant and will probably remain this way to the very end, if not, the very last RC. They were affectionate throughout the entire date, from the helicopter to the romantic rooftop dinner. If the "rapelling down the building" was a test for Ed, he passes with flying colors. (Jill says: "It was a romantic thing that we did, in its own weird way. In love you have take a leap of faith, and that's what we kind of did".
    I think both Ed and Jillian are very mature and confident people, that there's no need for pretentious communication and interaction. People might think that their date was boring or not revealing enough of the *spark* between Ed and Jill, but i think it's because they see enough "eye-to-eye" that there's no need for niceties. They talked about their similar passion for their careers and how much it has hampered their ability to focus on their personal lives. For both of them, I think their confidence and maturity is due in great part to their successes in their careers...both feel comfortable where they are in their careers and like Ed said, have "the ability/flexibility to do what i want" because of the stability and security of their careers.
    Ed and Jillian are pretty much in the same place emotionally and mentally.
    While there's much more to learn and know about both of them, we can say that their relationship would have a pretty solid foundation, if not already(from what we've seen).

Regarding Ed being the one who has a girlfriend back at home, I do not think this is the case. Yes, outside information acquired about Ed labels him as a "fratty" type who enjoys spending time with his guy friends and sowing his wild oats when he's not keeping busy with his career. Facets about him that we've seen since he came on the show would suggest that he is very much a career-man. And for someone who is looking to be "secure" and "stable" so that he can start his family would not, in his right mind, come on the show to meet Jillian while still carrying on a relationship at home. Ed is on the show for the right reason and i think it does mean a lot to him to be there with Jillian.

Emphasizing his career, Ed possibly is the one to leave. If it is for work reasons, this is very plausible. If it was for other personal reasons like a girlfriend at home, we would not see him again in the season. But because apparently we do...we can say that his reason for leaving is something that just has to be done and that Jillian understands. I think they have an already solid foundation anyway and so nothing can keep them apart for too long if Jillian realizes that he is a good match for her and she for him.

While it will come off as a "dramatic cliffhanger" to keep up with viewer ratings, Ed's possible leave would be a valid one. Further it would only strengthen the romantic connection between Ed and Jillian. If both are successful in their careers but at times suffer because of it, Ed leaving would emphasize this, but his return would be a validation of their love.

Of course, I'm an Ed&Jill fan, 100% and i wouldn't be surprised if he is given the final rose. While certainly Jillian has an attraction and connection to all of the guys remaining, her motivation for coming into all of this appears most compatible with Ed's reasons for being here with her. I think they deserve each other and already make each other happy.

As Ed worried(during their one-on-one), "there's not enough time"...
    but for them, timing is everything and things will come as they should.
    If both Ed and jillian are looking for "the One", it's better for us to see serious challenges and heartbreaks(if he leaves and Jill is sad) than physical chemistry on the set. Career challenges and personal obligations and emotional intensity are real life matters that can, at times, get in the way of love. If Ed leaves, it is to prove this point.

Last edited by pajamasam; 06-11-2009 at 08:43 AM.

Closed Thread