Closed Thread
Page 25 of 624 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343575125525 ... LastLast

Thread: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

I didn't understand how she kept saying there was nothing physical between them. He ALWAYS has his hands on her. I find it hard to believe he had trouble in the sack.

I really like the two of them together too. So sweet when he brought his family over.

auburnbulldog

I have an IT son and he reminds me so much of Ed. He doesn't have a clue how cute he is, as my older women friends point this out, even to him. The girls his age aren't all over him, HE SAYS, and he takes phone numbers but never calls. 6' 2", 260 lbs (football player in h.s.), blue eyes, laughing smile, dimples. He just isn't sure of himself, like Ed. That's why, IMO, Ed comes off to others insincere. He isn't suave and yet with his good looks and great job, no one can believe a man that age wouldn't have a lot of conquests. But, I tell you, speaking from my family experience, some of these ITguys, just don't have the social skills as they have been behind the computers so long to finally be successful in their professions.. Oh, and he's 23.
    '
    Last edited by auburnbulldog; 07-14-2009 at 09:22 PM. Reason: added more info

Oh, Ed. Or Richie. Poor guy. I hope he does get paid a lot to make up for all the humiliations he has had to endure. Edited so he seems like he has E.D. Wears bad fashion. Is caught sniffing his armpits on the FD (really ... somebody just posted a screencap!). And when he doesn't use any hair product (like in the scenes rights after he's been in water) his hair dries weird with bangs that make him look like he has a Dumb and Dumber haircut.

It was an interesting episode all right. I think they had to throw some doubt at Jillian picking Ed and took advantage of the way too long of a day out in the sun and wine. I don't agree with those that say it was staged. I think they just used the footage they had of the massage to make it look bad complete with the light going off and then on. The funny thing is that it's not even their room because the suite has 2 balconies and lights on the rails.

There were a lot of indications that Jillian and Ed have a special connection. She talked about wanting to meet his family since their first date. She also told his mom that when he left she worried that she'd get to the final guy and still be thinking about Ed. Later in a PI she said something about she wanted Ed to come back and he did. Jillian also talked to Ed about what happens when they get past the honeymoon stage in their relationship. I'm certainly not worried about their chemistry and am sure they get past this.

There's an interesting post at the official Bachette site board from someone who says she's Ed's aunt. She says he's a great guy. Those were his parents who've been divorced for 25 yrs. They worried about his job since they both work in the auto industry in Mich. He has a big family with a brother, step-siblings, and a half sister. It's nice to read. She also says that nice and fun as Ed is the other 2 seem like great guys and have families that also love them.

FORT Fanatic

You know I guess people just don't want a love story unless the bachelorette chooses the guy who is funny, witty, neurotic, evades anything that resembles falling in love, the other guys complained about, and she said reminded her of a high shool crush (maybe a bit immature you think?)etc.

To me some figure because he comes across on camera and winks and flirts and says funny lines then by all means this is the person she should marry.

Heaven forbid the handsome guy who has a difficult time with the camera, is stable, cute in a shy way, tells the girl he is falling in love, proves to her he is serious about committing, treats her with so much respect and this guy is run over the coals....

Why, is this man who is stable, professional, hardworking shown so much disrepect??

FORT Fan

I don't really know how Ed feels about her but regardless of how he does, I don't feel he deserves a lot of grief he's getting - even if rumors about him are true.

What is certain though is Jillian is really into him (and Kiptyn). She's so far gone on him. It's easy to focus on the awkward moments (they were highlighted) but what caught me off guard was their 1 minute on the beach and how calm she looked. I don't know how it will end but I don't doubt that she cared for all three guys in the end in different ways.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trisha22;3573205;
    You know I guess people just don't want a love story unless the bachelorette chooses the guy who is funny, witty, neurotic, evades anything that resembles falling in love, the other guys complained about, and she said reminded her of a high shool crush (maybe a bit immature you think?)etc.

To me some figure because he comes across on camera and winks and flirts and says funny lines then by all means this is the person she should marry.

Heaven forbid the handsome guy who has a difficult time with the camera, is stable, cute in a shy way, tells the girl he is falling in love, proves to her he is serious about committing, treats her with so much respect and this guy is run over the coals....

Why, is this man who is stable, professional, hardworking shown so much disrepect??
    Because he wasn't annointed the fan favorite when the season began. I've loved Ed since the very beginning and none of the rumors have swayed me one bit. He and Jillian just have IT. It's been there since their 1:1 date and only grew stronger while he was away. Everything about her lights up when he's around and I think it's sweet.

As for those who want nothing more than to tear Ed down, seriously, are we back in high school and people must go after those they're jealous of ?? It'd be pretty laughable...if it wasn't so sad and pathetic.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I just have to chime in. I totally see the connection between Jillian and Ed. Their cute little moments between the 2 of them always stick with me. I lost a good friend in a tragic accident on Sunday, and watching their part of the episode made me truly smile before they decided to throw some doubt on them.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by trisha22;3573205;

Very well-put, trisha22. I too am tired of the doubt being cast on Ed. Is he perfect? No. Then again, neither are the other guys, but all are above decent. To some, Ed may not be conventional drop-dead gorgeous and doesn't come up with the best one-line witty zingers (and those green shorts were hideous, IMO), but there's more to a real relationship than all that. When the cameras stop rolling and it's time to get real and pay the bills, any woman would be more than glad to have a stable guy who pulls his weight and wants to do right by the relationship.

umngirl, sorry about your friend. My sympathies are with you.

I agree that this should only be a bump in the road for Ed and Jillian. Chris H says in his blog what a great guy Ed is. I don't think that he would gush about him if he really was the guy the rumors point to. It just doesn't make sense. Why bring your parents into it? Why lie about your employer? Really Ed is just too successful for that IMO.

As for not being able to perform. Let's see, they spent the day drinking, on a boat in the Hawaii sun....that can definitely lead to trouble!!

Closed Thread