Closed Thread
Page 18 of 624 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868118518 ... LastLast

Thread: Ed - Bachelorette 5

FORT Newbie

Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Hi all...just jumping in here with my thoughts on Ed and wondering if anyone else feels this way. I have to start by saying "Finally...Wes is gone!" Way too much airtime spent on that jerk. I also have to say that of the final 3 guys, I like them all in their own ways (I do have a favorite but won't bring his name up specifically).

Anyway, I watched this show last night with my mom and daughter and all 3 of us said the same thing about Ed...very strange eye contact with Jillian.
    He is almost always glancing away...whether he is talking to her or she is talking to him. She can be talking to him about something serious and he is looking everywhere but at her!

Now I know that you don't just stare into someone's eyes without blinking during a conversation, but his looking away is excessive, IMO.

Just see a better connection w/Kip and Reid...again JMO.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by alphagamman;3548711;
    Hi all...just jumping in here with my thoughts on Ed and wondering if anyone else feels this way. I have to start by saying "Finally...Wes is gone!" Way too much airtime spent on that jerk. I also have to say that of the final 3 guys, I like them all in their own ways (I do have a favorite but won't bring his name up specifically).

Anyway, I watched this show last night with my mom and daughter and all 3 of us said the same thing about Ed...very strange eye contact with Jillian.
    He is almost always glancing away...whether he is talking to her or she is talking to him. She can be talking to him about something serious and he is looking everywhere but at her!

Now I know that you don't just stare into someone's eyes without blinking during a conversation, but his looking away is excessive, IMO.

Just see a better connection w/Kip and Reid...again JMO.
    I think the only guy that Jillian is serious about was Ed that's why he got the fantasy date. They couldn't keep their hands or mouth of each other through out the whole date. I could tell that he was the front runner all the way from their first "dare" date. The only guy that is not commitment probic is Ed. Jillian said she would like a guy that worships her, and as I can see it, Ed is the only one that shows it. He's genuine and serious. I just can't wait to see Ed and Jillian together again.... wishing for a TV wedding for them.
    Last edited by Amanda; 07-07-2009 at 12:33 PM.

I think Ed is serious about Jillian. He asked her if she would be willing to move/relocate to Chicago, they talked about having children, he likes them, would like to have 1 within 3 years. I don't think a man would talk about these things if he wasn't serious about a person.

FORT Regular

I've been an Ed fan from almost the start, but have ended up making the wrong call w/ past Bachelorettes, so I'm trying not to make too, too much of what ABC has shown us of Ed's return, Jillian's response to it so far. Of the remaining three men, to me Ed seems most suited to her and they seem equally into each other. Yeah, he doesn't make the greatest eye contact, but that could be because one or more camera is in his face. If Ed's parents/family makes it to Hawaii and the meeting goes well, that could say a lot in his favor.

Reid and Jill also have really good chemistry and he seems like a really good guy that she's comfortable around, but the more I see them interact, I look at their relationship as that of really good friends, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I read in a recent interview with Jillian that she spent lots of time w/ the remaining four men in Spain (when Wes was still around) and that her final choice was based on what she learned from each and that she feels really good about things. Kiptyn has basically been pegged as the whole package that may be out of her league, Reid as lovable but semi-neurotic and Ed as the guy who left/came back and maybe still can't be trusted. My guess is that there's more positives to each of these guys than we're seeing. Frankly, Jill is lucky to have three decent guys to choose from. I hope she chooses Ed, but if not, I can still be happy for her if it's Reid or Kip.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by albean99;3548657;
    I agree, Cape. I like that she talked about it in her blog and said they spent the whole night talking about everything. That's what you do with someone you're falling in love with.

I thought they're date was wonderful and was a great balance of chemistry and talking about feelings and the future. It just seems to have jumped ahead of the others and may be what Jillian said at dinner that they might not have gotten there if he hadn't left and come back.
    I also agree Cape... i think they are best suited for each other... also she doesnt have to have conversations with Ed to try to 'pull' his feelings for her out of him.. he does it readily.... he would be my F1... lol... but i'm not Jillian.. and as we know, even though we see things we think are the best for them... they dont always... although i hope she realizes from how it broke her heart when he left.. how much he means to her already... !!!!

ROOTING FOR ED !!!!

I captured some shots of Jilly and Ed on their Fantasy Date.

More.

Sanlee, thanks for the great SC's. They looks so happy! Ed is so tall that I noticed that Jillian gets on her tippy toes sometimes and others he bends down to her level. Cute.

Anyone notice that their fantasy suite was set up for romance? First of all it was an incredible suite but they also had the champagne and strawberries waiting. Then there was the candles lining the hall to the bedroom. I noticed that with Kip there was wine and no candles other than on some tables.
    Last edited by hepcat; 07-08-2009 at 11:42 AM.

FORT Regular

Unless and until there's proof positive that something's amiss with Ed and his supposed dating scenario (without Jillian), I'm not giving up on the possibility of her choosing him in the end. Though I'm still not really clear on the details of the whole 'I'm leaving the show only to come back two weeks later' bit (who really is clear on it?), for now I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, mainly because from my perspective Ed and Jill have some really good chemistry going that can't be faked...and I would be saying the same thing about Reid or Kip if I saw the same with them when they're with her. Reid is a close second for me (they also have good chemistry). Getting back to Ed, who in their right mind in this economy would risk a primo job at Microsoft if there wasn't something really worth it attached to it? He'd be crazy to. Fleiss probably has something up his sleeve (always does), and I guess in three weeks we'll all find out what it is. I only hope it's not a doozy like with DeAnna and Jesse. De said it 'will all make sense' in the end, but I'm still confused over that one.

Quote Originally Posted by albean99;3551695;
    Sanlee, thanks for the great SC's. They looks so happy! Ed is so tall that I noticed that Jillian gets on her tippy toes sometimes and others he bends down to her level. Cute.

Anyone notice that their fantasy suite was set up for romance? First of all it was an incredible suite but they also had the champagne and strawberries waiting. Then there was the candles lining the hall to the bedroom. I noticed that with Kip there was wine and no candles other than on some tables.
    You're Welcome! I also noticed their Fantasy Suite setup. Very romantic with candles everywhere......down to lining up in the hallway. Very sweet! I had fun capturing these moments between Jilly and Ed. They truly have something special.

Closed Thread