Closed Thread

Thread: Ed - Bachelorette 5

sdl

Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3636173;
    That information was actually completely credible---the problem was that banned was not meant to be "permanently banned" it was meant more as in "get out of here, you're not welcome back". I imagine the perceived ban lasted a few weeks until the incident was forgotten. That doesn't mean it didn't happen, which it did. You can't actually expect that the bouncer/manager of the bar was HAPPY to have a patron behaving that way outside his establishment---I'm sure Ed was persona non grata until the management was less, uh, let's say peeved about the situation.I was never even going to bring this topic up, but since it is being used as "evidence" against SDL I felt I should clarify. The vast majority if Ed information that SDL has brought forward has been quite accurate.
    Ok, I have to point out again that I never met or knew anything about Cheeky until a few weeks ago. We have exchanged at most a half dozen pm's during that time. But it is very interesting that we often post the same information, as do others, yet coming at it from completely different angles.
    When I first heard about Ed urinating on the sidewalk outside his bar, I thought it was crazy talk. Nobody else had reported it to my knowledge. So I asked a reliable guy, a lawyer in Chicago who is a trusted friend, to drop by for a drink and chat up the bartenders and manager to see what the deal was. He called me the next day laughing about what a jerk this guy Ed was, how he had gotten drunk and rowdy, and was told he wasn't welcome there.
    Then I read a post from someone who says they are a bartender at one of the 10,000 bars in Chicagoland and they didn't hear it so it must not be true. Seriously?
    Then someone else I don't know says that they know someone talked to someone at the bar and Ed can come back. Ok, fine.
    I don't necessarily care about how things have settled down and whether Ed is or is not now - today - welcome at his lame karaoke bar.
    But I do resent the implication that it was fiction and I posted a lie.
    To my knowledge, I have posted more details - good or bad - about multiple aspects of this show than anyone who sits on the sidelines and throws spitballs. Why I care enough to chase down facts on a TV show is a mystery to me, my friends, and family.
    And while I'm on my tirade, let me add that the recent suggestions that the torrent of negative information about Ed is just a diversion from the sins of Wes is ridiculous. Who even remembers Wes, other than his supposed girlfriend who stepped up to defend him - uh, an endorsement still lacking from the Chicago 3 in Ed's case. Their situations are unrelated.
    And to those who would say that exposing Ed is an attempt to bring down the franchise, let me remind you that we all are very interested in this franchise, watch it religiously, and would like to keep it around for entertainment value - albeit in a more honest format.
    So challenge me all you want on specific facts, if you've done your homework, because I'm very open to learning. But spare me the "thet jest don't make sinse" messages if you haven't put in the time or have the relationships that I worked to develop.
    Thank you, and I apologize to the extent I sound angry. I guess we all have a breaking point.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3636249;
    Something I'm curious about...

I wonder if TPTB would have loved it if Jill had switched sides ala Jason?

They encouraged a Reid comeback. Chris H posted in his blog that he thought she was conflicted. At the taping of ATFR Chris tried to get Reid to admit to still loving Jill. In fact, it looked like he was trying to drum up some drama between them. Then, supposedly he tried to get Jill/Ed to talk about the gf rumors. And, not that I believe this, but supposedly they tried to get one of the gf's there to confront them.

Several days before Jimmy Kimmel, also suggested that Jill could pull a Mesnick and he would have her on his show again.

Not suggesting TPTB don't like Ed or think he's suspect. Just wondering if they thought the drama would be cool and give them some more press if she had been tempted to pull a switch?
    I got the same vibe. The fact that the gf question was edited out of AFRC suggests that they "gave up" on the issue and will just let the relationship take its own course. Add to this Chris Harrison blogging on episode #5, when Ed left, that Jillian was somebody who stuck to her decisions... then, later, indicating how confused she really was when Reid crashed FRC. (Conflicting observations on his part.)

I never got the impression that the producers liked Ed as much as they did Reid and Kiptyn. Their mixed opinions of him may have increased when Wes spilled the beans regarding his edit; many of us viewers sensed he was just a "fogscreen" for the one who really had the girlfriend. Why would they have included Ed's cocky comments, his "turd" reference on Wes, Wes' comment on Ed (and other guys) not getting a "nibble in Texas" and Ed laughing at Wes' sex joke (while showing Kip and Reid in shock), and especially the drunk scene in MTA (joked about by Jimmy Kimmel)? (My guess is that the FS scene was part of a planned script to disguise some of Jillian and Ed's heated arguments about you-know-what. The romance was certainly not there that night).

Ending this post on a positive note, maybe Jillian already knows everything she needs to and is viewing this as just "a rocky start" to an otherwise long term relationship. Like Jason, her choice is not a popular one, but she'll defend it as long as possible. One day in the future, she can appear on a MTA, Where Are They Now? or AFRC show talking about how controversy has brought her and Eddie closer together.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3636334;
    Ok, I have to point out again that I never met or knew anything about Cheeky until a few weeks ago. We have exchanged at most a half dozen pm's during that time. But it is very interesting that we often post the same information, as do others, yet coming at it from completely different angles.
    When I first heard about Ed urinating on the sidewalk outside his bar, I thought it was crazy talk. Nobody else had reported it to my knowledge. So I asked a reliable guy, a lawyer in Chicago who is a trusted friend, to drop by for a drink and chat up the bartenders and manager to see what the deal was. He called me the next day laughing about what a jerk this guy Ed was, how he had gotten drunk and rowdy, and was told he wasn't welcome there.
    Then I read a post from someone who says they are a bartender at one of the 10,000 bars in Chicagoland and they didn't hear it so it must not be true. Seriously?
    Then someone else I don't know says that they know someone talked to someone at the bar and Ed can come back. Ok, fine.
    I don't necessarily care about how things have settled down and whether Ed is or is not now - today - welcome at his lame karaoke bar.
    To my knowledge, I have posted more details - good or bad - about multiple aspects of this show than anyone who sits on the sidelines and throws spitballs. Why I care enough to chase down facts on a TV show is a mystery to me, my friends, and family.
    And while I'm on my tirade, let me add that the recent suggestions that the torrent of negative information about Ed is just a diversion from the sins of Wes is ridiculous. Who even remembers Wes, other than his supposed girlfriend who stepped up to defend him - uh, an endorsement still lacking from the Chicago 3 in Ed's case. Their situations are unrelated.
    And to those who would say that exposing Ed is an attempt to bring down the franchise, let me remind you that we all are very interested in this franchise, watch it religiously, and would like to keep it around for entertainment value - albeit in a more honest format.
    So challenge me all you want on specific facts, if you've done your homework, because I'm very open to learning. But spare me the "thet jest don't make sinse" messages if you haven't put in the time or have the relationships that I worked to develop.
    Thank you, and I apologize to the extent I sound angry. I guess we all have a breaking point.
    Preach awn brotha!

Seriously, thank you for your info.
    "Wicked HOT" = Chris L.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3635550;
    Looks like we're near the end of the road now, and this is what I have heard, and actually believe to be credible information from reliable people - in a serious position to know - about this season:
    Ed's contact with the 3 girls in Chicago is confirmed (Lindsey, Bethany and Katie). They have been contacted by all manner of press folks and none of them want to become tabloid trash, so it's debatable how much of this will ever come out. But you sure won't see them giving Ed character references, which speaks volumes.
    Ed has told friends that he got caught up in the moment, liked Jillian but loved the spotlight, and that he has no plans to get married.
    Jillian wanted and got a proposal(s), but her feelings were conflicted throughout the process, including a mad crush on one of the guys in production.
    Reid was steered into returning by intentional misrepresentations by the producers that Jill missed him, thought she had made a mistake, and would accept a proposal. He was stunned by her response because he'd been told it was in the bag. For that reason, he isn't interested in being the next Bachelor - which is fine bc the producers are looking for a new angle to liven up a franchise that has grown stale and want new characters.
    I'm told again and again that this one was tough to put together, so don't buy any wedding presents for the lucky couple.
    DSTM!!
    (means "don't shoot the messenger", a new FORT acronym I just invented - you guys LOVE acronyms!)
    Does this mean Reid was fibbing when he said he had to pull alot of strings, make many phone calls to the producers, and purchase a ring, on the way to get back to the show?

IMO they have set him up perfectly to be the next bach, and I wouldn't be surprised at all.

FORT Fogey

Thanks SDL! Do you know anything about more media stories coming out about Ed or is it done as this point? Someone on ABC claimed that US weekly would have a story out today.

hear, hear!

our goal together should be to gather leaks, inside information, and leads of any kind and use them collectively to build up a likely scenario.

instead, this season we have fallen into the trap of attacking and tearing down the very kind of information we should be using to help ourselves.

sdl, cheeky, lisamill, etc etc etc., thank you for what you've shared. i hope you and others continue to shed light on this and future seasons to add to the little collective of knowledge we have on these boards
    _(Moo!)

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3636348;
    [B]Does this mean Reid was fibbing when he said he had to [B]pull alot of strings, make many phone calls to the producers, and purchase a ring, on the way to get back to the show?

IMO they have set him up perfectly to be the next bach, and I wouldn't be surprised at all.
    Most likely in the same TPTB-induced way that Ed's was when he said "he brought his parents to Hawaii".

Nothing happens on this show without production's blessings.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3636348;
    Does this mean Reid was fibbing when he said he had to pull alot of strings, make many phone calls to the producers, and purchase a ring, on the way to get back to the show?

I had wondered that, too, but I think both could be true. If these guys start considering the producers their friends, the talks with producers could initially begin more friendly, informal talks in the limo after F3 RC where Reid is confused, upset, etc. The seed of doubt was already in Reid's head that if he had opened up more, the outcome could've been differently and these people just make that seed sprout.
    He thinks about it, he calls his buddies that are producers, they tell him "she thinks she messed up and misses you and we're working on getting you back but just don't know if it can happen" which just encourages him more. I think they could have really wanted him to come back for the drama, but played hard to get with him to make him want it that much more. People seem to love nothing more than trying to overcome impossible odds.

[QUOTE=Phyllie;3636249;]Several days before Jimmy Kimmel, also suggested that Jill could pull a Mesnick and he would have her on his show again.QUOTE]

Funny you should mention this now.
    A repeat of this Kimmel show was on last night. In no way was it suggested that Jillian would "pull a Mesnick" (I like that saying ".

The way it went down was that Jillian was on the show. It was right before the finale Jimmy & Jillian were talking & joking about the show & the finale. He JOKINGLY asked her if she would pull a switcheroo like Jason so he could have her back. She laughed hard while saying "NO! NO! NO! I'd NEVER do that!" Then she said something like "so you could carve me up like you did Jason? NO WAY!"

She was adamant that it wasn't going to happen & she was laughing pretty good about it.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3635550;
    Looks like we're near the end of the road now, and this is what I have heard, and actually believe to be credible information from reliable people - in a serious position to know - about this season:
    Ed's contact with the 3 girls in Chicago is confirmed (Lindsey, Bethany and Katie). They have been contacted by all manner of press folks and none of them want to become tabloid trash, so it's debatable how much of this will ever come out. But you sure won't see them giving Ed character references, which speaks volumes.
    Ed has told friends that he got caught up in the moment, liked Jillian but loved the spotlight, and that he has no plans to get married.
    Jillian wanted and got a proposal(s), but her feelings were conflicted throughout the process, including a mad crush on one of the guys in production.
    Reid was steered into returning by intentional misrepresentations by the producers that Jill missed him, thought she had made a mistake, and would accept a proposal. He was stunned by her response because he'd been told it was in the bag. For that reason, he isn't interested in being the next Bachelor - which is fine bc the producers are looking for a new angle to liven up a franchise that has grown stale and want new characters.
    I'm told again and again that this one was tough to put together, so don't buy any wedding presents for the lucky couple.
    DSTM!!
    (means "don't shoot the messenger", a new FORT acronym I just invented - you guys LOVE acronyms!)
    "what I actualy believe" (not what I know) to be "credibile" (not true) based on "reliable people who are in a serious (but not definite) position to know" (but may not know)...

in the law, we have a saying about when you don't have facts, or a strong legal case, just throw everything you can up against the wall and see what sticks". I'm just saying...

And now, we have women who, after they let out info as a teaser that sets off a frenzy, suddenly decide they "don" want to be involved. Just at the pont where they would actually have to pony up the proof or their credibility. I'm just saying...

One thing that is clear from these boards is whether you liked Reid or not, everyone saw hiim as brutally honest. So, now we are to believed he was played by TPTB is such a cruel manner, and he's, shall we say, lying to protect them when he says it was all his choice to come back? I'm just saying...

I will just choose to believe that, believing Cheeky, Ed had some girls he left behind in Chicago who may or may not have believed there was mroe to their relationship. But IMO who cares really since I believe everyone on these shows, given the lag time between application, selection and taping, and given their ages, probably left someone in the dust. The only difference is that some move on, and get the picture and sone don't. Sounds cruel but true. There are no truer words from a guy than "I don't wantt to get serious".

And I choose to believe that Jill chose Ed , that Ed is who she wanted, that she's a mature and well adjusted woman who knew what she needed to know to make that choice, and that, for now, they are happy and who knows what the future holds?
    Last edited by pajamasam; 08-04-2009 at 02:03 PM.

Closed Thread