Closed Thread

Thread: Ed - Bachelorette 5

  1. #1511
    FORT Fogey BachfanNY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,159

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3636173;
    That information was actually completely credible---the problem was that banned was not meant to be "permanently banned" it was meant more as in "get out of here, you're not welcome back". I imagine the perceived ban lasted a few weeks until the incident was forgotten. That doesn't mean it didn't happen, which it did. You can't actually expect that the bouncer/manager of the bar was HAPPY to have a patron behaving that way outside his establishment---I'm sure Ed was persona non grata until the management was less, uh, let's say peeved about the situation.I was never even going to bring this topic up, but since it is being used as "evidence" against SDL I felt I should clarify. The vast majority if Ed information that SDL has brought forward has been quite accurate.
    Interesting, thanks for confirming that cheeky.

    I know you really can't say much, but do you have any idea if these girls are set on not pushing this further? It might explain why RS is having a hard time getting his plane off the ground...the dude has given us zero this season.
    "Wicked HOT" = Chris L.

  2. #1512
    FORT Regular luv2watch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    100

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3636196;
    I didn't think you were pointing a finger at me, I just wanted to know how I fit into your theory of the rumors all being for the purpose of taking down the show. My "rumors" were not brought up for that purpose at all, so I was wondering how they fit into the theory. No offense was taken, I was just curious. I am not questioning your right to your opinion, only questioning how you view rumors that were not brought forth to take down the show. Sorry if I sounded accusatory, I was really only asking a question.
    Cheeky, I don't know your sources, nor do I want to. To me all of it is rumor until proven fact and none of it has been proven as fact to my satisfaction. I am not saying you started the rumors, you are only passing on what you have heard. I don't know who started the rumors but whoever did has managed to spread them like an epidemic. It just makes me wonder is all. There are things out there that are contradictory even to a lay person. I am just applying common sense.

  3. #1513
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,621

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by ducwidow;3636185;
    Well Mini, that about sums it up. Ed puts on the mankini and becomes MANHO!
    Of course he is the invisible man. That is why he can be at two three places at the same time. Thank God for his green mankinis. This way we recognize him when we see him pissing on the pavement in London and Rome at the same time.

  4. #1514
    FORT Fan nocalgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    338

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by cape;3636151;
    I lived with a girl out of college who was the type of girl to blow relationships out of proportion. (We were not friends - lived in program housing together)

    Anyway - she was sleeping with one of my husband's friends (we were only dating then) This guy would go hang out with us all night and then would call her - say he had just gotten off work (we worked in an industry where it was not uncommon to work until 2 in the morning.) Then have her come over - then he would tell her the next day was a work day and she needed to leave - and she did. She referred to him as her boyfriend - felt awful for him that he had to work so much. One night I casually mentioned that he was out with us (didn't add with a date) and she told me that he must have only been there for a few minutes b/c he had been working all night. She was in denial even when I tried to let her know differently. She was only a booty call to him but she really thought it was more. (NOTE: I am not condoning his behavior - just showing how relationships can be interpreted very differently.) That guy met the right girl and she never heard from him again.

    A few months later she and I were talking. She seemed to go out with a different guy every week and would tell me the next day how great it was and that she really thought it would be serious this time and then never to hear from them again. SO - she is crying to me "why can't I get a boyfriend. I go out with them, things are going great, I decide to sleep with them but never hear from them again." HERE'S THE KICKER: The next words out of her mouth are: "I guess I should stop sleeping with them on the first date." YA THINK? There are girls out there who go from 0-60 and are in a relationship with a man who is just using her for a booty call.

    If the guy I was talking about in the beginning had gone on a reality dating show - she and her friends would have bad mouthed him up one side and down the other b/c they were in a relationship. And all of his friends would have been cracking up laughing at her b/c she was just his booty call.

    Again - I am not condoning this behavior and I was never particularly a fan of this guy. BUT - I do know that he met the right girl and never looked back to his player days. He is a doting father and great man. The right woman can change a man.
    Boy, is this a record that has been played too many times! Timing is everything! None of us know the entire story of Ed and Jillian and I suspect we never will. I just wish them the best!

  5. #1515
    FORT Regular nora3262's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    120

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by luv2watch;3636137;
    I have to respectfully disagree with your opinion. While you, and everyone has a right to their own opinion, I think the reason we are hearing so much dirt about Ed is simple.

    There are certain people out there who want nothing more than to bring this show down and have so for years. It looked like it was headed that way after the debacle of last seasons The Bachelor.
    I am sure there were many fans who voiced their distaste of the treatment of Melissa just in the name of ratings. It was very heartwrenching to watch that on national TV and many people cried foul.

    I think this is one of the reasons they were so quick to launch a new season of the Bachelorette.

    The Bachelor/ette franchise has a vested interest in Jillian and Ed succeeding as a real life couple. It give their show more credibility. Every opportunity they get to trot out Trista and Ryan they do so. Now they are trotting out Molly and Jason. They even went so far as to bring on Melissa to show that not only is she doing just fine, but she has a fantastic new life.
    Why do they do this? Because they want to show that, while it is a 3rd rate reality show, it is at times successful. Which translates into ratings as well as their ability to attract a better group of individuals to be on the show.

    I don't know that anyone thought that Jillian would be able to carry the lead as well as she did, but I am certain that they were very surprised and happy with how well this season did.

    Jill went into this honestly and open to the process and took it all very seriously. What we ended up with because of this was not one but 3 very different and heart warming love stories.

    Everyone for years has been saying "all we want to see is the love story". Well, this year that is exactly what we got in spades. Whether your favorite won her heart or not, it can not be denied that there were definitely 3 beautiful love stories.

    They hit it out of the park with this one! They are now gonna have another success story to prance out for the viewers. This only adds credibility to this process that it can work. Its a shot in the arm for the producers. Which is what is pi$$ing off the people that want to see the demise of this series.

    And that, in a nutshell, is why all these rumors are comming out. But its not gonna work, because more people that not do not believe them. They are too outlandish and contradictory. Nice try tho.
    I don't think anyone wants to bring the show down. I think it's completely unfair to cast the insiders as having an agenda to do so. It's not some evil plan as far as I can see. I don't think even RS wants to "bring the show down" He has always stated that he just wanted people to know what's real and what's not. I, for one, appreciate that.

  6. #1516
    FORT Fogey cheekychook's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    in the Enchanted Forest
    Posts
    1,645

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by luv2watch;3636201;
    Cheeky, I don't know your sources, nor do I want to. To me all of it is rumor until proven fact and none of it has been proven as fact to my satisfaction. I am not saying you started the rumors, you are only passing on what you have heard. I don't know who started the rumors but whoever did has managed to spread them like an epidemic. It just makes me wonder is all. There are things out there that are contradictory even to a lay person. I am just applying common sense.
    The "rumors" spread like an epidemic because they were not "rumors". There were plenty of real live people in Chicago who knew about the women Ed was dating. These weren't secret relationships he was carrying on---he was out and about with these women. When he went on the show lots of people started talking because they knew him. You see someone on TV who you know from work, or from college, or from your favorite hangout and your natural reaction is to say "holy cow---I know that guy". That can even lead you to watch a show you wouldn't normally watch. If you see that the guy you know is being portrayed totally different than you know him to be in real life it can cause you to comment on the differences. IMO that's where the vast majority of the wide array of sources stemmed from----people who knew Ed in real life and were shocked by his portrayal on the show. I am not saying that's how my primary source started talking, as it's not, I'm just saying that I think that's the reason that so many people started talking about Ed and kept talking as the season progressed---the further he went in the process the more unbelievable his portrayal was to those who know him. Not rumors, just a bunch of folks stunned by what they're seeing on their TVs every week. It's not a conspiracy---it just happened. And it just so happens that where Ed's concerned nothing is simple and there's a lot to talk about---so people did. JMO.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

    Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

  7. #1517
    FORT Fogey BachfanNY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,159

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by nora3262;3636210;
    I don't think anyone wants to bring the show down. I think it's completely unfair to cast the insiders as having an agenda to do so. It's not some evil plan as far as I can see. I don't think even RS wants to "bring the show down" He has always stated that he just wanted people to know what's real and what's not. I, for one, appreciate that.
    ITA with the bolded part. No wonder people are hesitant to post what they know.
    "Wicked HOT" = Chris L.

  8. #1518
    FORT Regular luv2watch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    100

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3636211;
    The "rumors" spread like an epidemic because they were not "rumors". There were plenty of real live people in Chicago who knew about the women Ed was dating. These weren't secret relationships he was carrying on---he was out and about with these women. When he went on the show lots of people started talking because they knew him. You see someone on TV who you know from work, or from college, or from your favorite hangout and your natural reaction is to say "holy cow---I know that guy". That can even lead you to watch a show you wouldn't normally watch. If you see that the guy you know is being portrayed totally different than you know him to be in real life it can cause you to comment on the differences. IMO that's where the vast majority of the wide array of sources stemmed from----people who knew Ed in real life and were shocked by his portrayal on the show. I am not saying that's how my primary source started talking, as it's not, I'm just saying that I think that's the reason that so many people started talking about Ed and kept talking as the season progressed---the further he went in the process the more unbelievable his portrayal was to those who know him. Not rumors, just a bunch of folks stunned by what they're seeing on their TVs every week. It's not a conspiracy---it just happened. And it just so happens that where Ed's concerned nothing is simple and there's a lot to talk about---so people did. JMO.
    Yes, and the more people talk the more things get changed around in the translation. Not saying he is an angel. Not many good looking 30 yr olds are but things do get lost in translation the more it circulates. This is a proven fact.

  9. #1519
    FORT Fanatic lavender1960's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    799

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Where are the board peeps that had sources attending the ATR - love to know if they heard the girlfriend question being addressed and how it was flubbed

  10. #1520
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,217

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    What's wrong with wanting to "bring the show down?" Other than it's endless snark value, it has no redeeming qualities. It promotes ridiculous behavior and exploits sex and emotions. This is not a socially-enhancing program. This show is is a Roman bathhouse.

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.