Closed Thread

Thread: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by luv2watch;3636137;
    I have to respectfully disagree with your opinion. While you, and everyone has a right to their own opinion, I think the reason we are hearing so much dirt about Ed is simple.

There are certain people out there who want nothing more than to bring this show down and have so for years. It looked like it was headed that way after the debacle of last seasons The Bachelor.
    I am sure there were many fans who voiced their distaste of the treatment of Melissa just in the name of ratings. It was very heartwrenching to watch that on national TV and many people cried foul.

I think this is one of the reasons they were so quick to launch a new season of the Bachelorette.

The Bachelor/ette franchise has a vested interest in Jillian and Ed succeeding as a real life couple. It give their show more credibility. Every opportunity they get to trot out Trista and Ryan they do so. Now they are trotting out Molly and Jason. They even went so far as to bring on Melissa to show that not only is she doing just fine, but she has a fantastic new life.
    Why do they do this? Because they want to show that, while it is a 3rd rate reality show, it is at times successful. Which translates into ratings as well as their ability to attract a better group of individuals to be on the show.

I don't know that anyone thought that Jillian would be able to carry the lead as well as she did, but I am certain that they were very surprised and happy with how well this season did.

Jill went into this honestly and open to the process and took it all very seriously. What we ended up with because of this was not one but 3 very different and heart warming love stories.

Everyone for years has been saying "all we want to see is the love story". Well, this year that is exactly what we got in spades. Whether your favorite won her heart or not, it can not be denied that there were definitely 3 beautiful love stories.

They hit it out of the park with this one! They are now gonna have another success story to prance out for the viewers. This only adds credibility to this process that it can work. Its a shot in the arm for the producers. Which is what is pi$$ing off the people that want to see the demise of this series.

And that, in a nutshell, is why all these rumors are comming out. But its not gonna work, because more people that not do not believe them. They are too outlandish and contradictory. Nice try tho.
    I have never wanted the "demise" of this series so how exactly do I fit into this theory? I began bringing forward Ed info from a personal non-show-related source back in mid-May. I didn't have a favorite. I didn't have an agenda. I didn't even know Ed was going to be F1. I just knew about him and his personal life before the show even began to air. I brought forward information about Ed because that's kind of the whole point of a spoilers and sleuther site---to bring forth info found out about the participants. I don't understand what you're implying in your post.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom;3636133;
    Of course what we saw on the screen wasn't the truth - it never is. It hasn't been the whole truth for many, many seasons. There has been more than enough information released over the years about how edited and "scripted" this show is. I am amazed when I read posts from people who still believe in this show and the love story. I think it is possible for a love story to develop - but not because of this show, in spite of it.

But I go back to the fact that she is not new to this game or this show - she knew what was possible and she signed on for it. Sort of like Wes. Yes, I hate that it happened to them - but I have a hard time feeling bad for them. This show is not exactly secretive in what CAN happen. Just because you didn't THINK it would happen to you - is that your fault or the producer's?
    This is SO true. I used to feel sorry for these people, but they SIGNED up for this. They were told straight out that they could be lied to and that lies could and probably would be shown/ told about them. No secret. They signed up anyway. Forewarned is forewarned. What I particularly wonder about is why any parents would get involved. I wonder if some parents have a lot more control over the finished product than others. Tessa comes to mind. FORT exists as a sleuthing site, not a fan site.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3635866;
    Victoria, I do see what you're saying. But as I said, I don't want to know everything. I'd wager a guess the majority of people don't either. But if someone is a blatant fraud on the show, I do think the people who invested their time on it deserve to know the overall point that what they saw on their TV screens was not the truth. Some people actually believe this show is as real as the Sun rising in the East. I know some of these people myself. There's also the fact that having a gf while on the show is a violation of a legally binding contract, but that's another post. I didn't watch Matt Grant's season, but same story with that: I believe people had the right to know that season was apparently a total sham and they were fed a fraudulent romance.

The show itself this season set up the issue of girlfriends to be a big deal
    . It was repeatedly hammered home to us that someone coming on with a gf would be awful and deceitful and hateful, etc. etc. etc. So I do find it fair for people to learn, if true, that hey, guess what, Ed had multiple girlfriends at the same time while Wes was being accused of having one. The majority of what people are talking about is stuff that was occurring during filming. That's fair game, to me. As for post filming, I tend to agree it's none of our business, but ultimately, they sign up for it when they sign up for this show. Especially after the Jason-Melissa-Molly debacle, people with any awareness of this show know what they could be in for afterwards. For better or worse.
    VAgirl, you nailed it!!

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3636164;
    I have never wanted the "demise" of this series so how exactly do I fit into this theory? I began bringing forward Ed info from a personal non-show-related source back in mid-May. I didn't have a favorite. I didn't have an agenda. I didn't even know Ed was going to be F1. I just knew about him and his personal life before the show even began to air. I brought forward information about Ed because that's kind of the whole point of a spoilers and sleuther site---to bring forth info found out about the participants. I don't understand what you're implying in your post.
    Cheeky, I don't think I mentioned your name, nor did I intend to slight you or anyone else here. I just respectfully stated my opinion, which I thought was allowed. As I said, everyone has an opinion and is entitled to it. This is just mine. Please don't think I was pointing a finger at you.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3636151;
    I lived with a girl out of college who was the type of girl to blow relationships out of proportion. (We were not friends - lived in program housing together)

Anyway - she was sleeping with one of my husband's friends (we were only dating then) This guy would go hang out with us all night and then would call her - say he had just gotten off work (we worked in an industry where it was not uncommon to work until 2 in the morning.) Then have her come over - then he would tell her the next day was a work day and she needed to leave - and she did. She referred to him as her boyfriend - felt awful for him that he had to work so much. One night I casually mentioned that he was out with us (didn't add with a date) and she told me that he must have only been there for a few minutes b/c he had been working all night. She was in denial even when I tried to let her know differently. She was only a booty call to him but she really thought it was more. (NOTE: I am not condoning his behavior - just showing how relationships can be interpreted very differently.) That guy met the right girl and she never heard from him again.

A few months later she and I were talking. She seemed to go out with a different guy every week and would tell me the next day how great it was and that she really thought it would be serious this time and then never to hear from them again. SO - she is crying to me "why can't I get a boyfriend. I go out with them, things are going great, I decide to sleep with them but never hear from them again." HERE'S THE KICKER: The next words out of her mouth are: "I guess I should stop sleeping with them on the first date." YA THINK? There are girls out there who go from 0-60 and are in a relationship with a man who is just using her for a booty call.

If the guy I was talking about in the beginning had gone on a reality dating show - she and her friends would have bad mouthed him up one side and down the other b/c they were in a relationship. And all of his friends would have been cracking up laughing at her b/c she was just his booty call.

Again - I am not condoning this behavior and I was never particularly a fan of this guy. BUT - I do know that he met the right girl and never looked back to his player days. He is a doting father and great man. The right woman can change a man.
    Cape...ITA~!!!! This is totally what I have been trying to say. My husband was the same way...until he met me. If I am to be honest....I was the "booty call" to a couple of guys that on my end...I thought, however...I was the girlfriend. It can be a rude, unpleasant awakening to find out that you are not. When you hang out with groups of "friends" at bars, night after night, that lifestyle is very easy to fall into. The reality is...most people do not find their husband or wife at last call.....even if you are friends to begin with.
    Last edited by fiveboysin07; 08-04-2009 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3636164;
    Cheeky, I just wanted to thank you so much for all of the info you have brought forward this season. I know that your info was given in an unbiased way, and I have always appreciated and trusted what you have said. I'm sorry for the hard time you are being given.

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3636141;
    And the plot thickens...

Is this is as credible as the info about Ed being banned from a bar after urinating and verbally assaulting a bouncer??

And now Jillian had a 'mad' crush on a production person?? So after they go through their farce, should we expect another Bob Guiney story??

If Ed & Jillian are busy acting now then someone hand them some Emmy's...they certainly have all the aspects of a new, loving relationship down pat...they must've taken Shayne's acting lessons and then raised them....
    That information was actually completely credible---the problem was that banned was not meant to be "permanently banned" it was meant more as in "get out of here, you're not welcome back". I imagine the perceived ban lasted a few weeks until the incident was forgotten. That doesn't mean it didn't happen, which it did. You can't actually expect that the bouncer/manager of the bar was HAPPY to have a patron behaving that way outside his establishment---I'm sure Ed was persona non grata until the management was less, uh, let's say peeved about the situation.I was never even going to bring this topic up, but since it is being used as "evidence" against SDL I felt I should clarify. The vast majority if Ed information that SDL has brought forward has been quite accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3635748;
    Hang on Bet2Win this is not a mess but a mess of recycled rumors!

We now have 3 Chitown GF's in the hopper. They all love Ed, no they hate Ed!. They are all unhappy with Ed and want to badmouth him but not willing to talk to the rag mags, but they blabbed to someone who did talk to the rag mags for them. Jilly did not have 30 but had 31 guys to date. She had her self a little side dish of production guy probably to keep her company no doubt while Ed had gone back to Chitown to catch up with the 3 GFs! Ed likes the spotlight more than Jilly, but Ed can't even establish eye contact or look directly at the camera! Ed reluctantly proposed marriage to Jillian but he has been living with her for almost 2 mos in a LA love shack and she is now living with him in his Chitown Bachelor pad where the other 3 GF come and go. These rumors are only getting more wacky by the minute. Cuckoo, Cuckoo, Cuckoo!
    Well Mini, that about sums it up. Ed puts on the mankini and becomes MANHO!

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3635550;
    Looks like we're near the end of the road now, and this is what I have heard, and actually believe to be credible information from reliable people - in a serious position to know - about this season:
    Ed's contact with the 3 girls in Chicago is confirmed (Lindsey, Bethany and Katie). They have been contacted by all manner of press folks and none of them want to become tabloid trash, so it's debatable how much of this will ever come out. But you sure won't see them giving Ed character references, which speaks volumes.
    Ed has told friends that he got caught up in the moment, liked Jillian but loved the spotlight, and that he has no plans to get married.
    Jillian wanted and got a proposal(s), but her feelings were conflicted throughout the process, including a mad crush on one of the guys in production.
    Reid was steered into returning by intentional misrepresentations by the producers that Jill missed him, thought she had made a mistake, and would accept a proposal. He was stunned by her response because he'd been told it was in the bag. For that reason, he isn't interested in being the next Bachelor - which is fine bc the producers are looking for a new angle to liven up a franchise that has grown stale and want new characters.
    I'm told again and again that this one was tough to put together, so don't buy any wedding presents for the lucky couple.
    DSTM!!
    (means "don't shoot the messenger", a new FORT acronym I just invented - you guys LOVE acronyms!)
    Thanks sdl.

I always appreciate your exposes, since my skepticism keeps me wondering how anyone can believe what they are seeing is spontaneous and real. Maybe the women in TB can actually fall in love with the guy because they are customarily in a passive role, but with the men, I just can't buy it. Obviously they are housed in crowded substandard quarters with no diversions so that they view TB'ette as their only way out. Anything in a skirt would garner the same effect.

jlcaz posted back in January a website that has the photos taken by a crew member. It makes it very clear why it would be nearly impossible for people to fall in love in this setting.

dawnchenette.com the file is I work in Reality TV

Don't drink the KoolAid

Commit random acts of kindness!

Quote Originally Posted by luv2watch;3636167;
    Cheeky, I don't think I mentioned your name, nor did I intend to slight you or anyone else here. I just respectfully stated my opinion, which I thought was allowed. As I said, everyone has an opinion and is entitled to it. This is just mine. Please don't think I was pointing a finger at you.
    I didn't think you were pointing a finger at me, I just wanted to know how I fit into your theory of the rumors all being for the purpose of taking down the show. My "rumors" were not brought up for that purpose at all, so I was wondering how they fit into the theory. No offense was taken, I was just curious. I am not questioning your right to your opinion, only questioning how you view rumors that were not brought forth to take down the show. Sorry if I sounded accusatory, I was really only asking a question.

Closed Thread