Closed Thread

Thread: Ed - Bachelorette 5

  1. #1211
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,217

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3631638;
    Unless Ed was paid big money by Fleiss to propose to Jill, I don't see how he can't be serious about her considering she's already moved into his apartment.

    I do think Ed is scummy and will probably cheat on Jill but I don't get how he can't be for real right now in regards to wanting to marry her. Maybe he's found someone he wants to live with and raise babies with and settle down with but keep some "close friends" on the side as is typical for many well-off, successful men. Otherwise, it makes zero sense that she's already moved in and they're talking wedding plans.
    I think likes Jillian, and thinks he loves her. But, they have a different energy. She is kind of spastic and "on" all the time. I've noticed in her interviews she really sort of takes over. Something tells me that her personality is going to wear on him quickly, and he is going to be uncomfortable with the upheaval in his life. He complains about his lack of a personal life and being married to his work, but that is really how he likes it.

  2. #1212
    FORT Regular angelic_one2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8,616

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by Bentley;3632239;
    It is odd how folks see things on television and have different impressions; those production scenes and advance photos in the fountain were all staged; just like every time she greeted the men she had to run and jump into their arms, wrap her legs around them and get twirled around (all part of the script). The fountain scenes did nothing for me and I thought they were part of the fake editing. I also did not take that she was smitten even then because she acted the same with all of the others. I thought her moments with Reid were the most real but even then I felt everything was part of a big scripted and fake production. As far as Ed, I knew before the first night that he had been chosen; the rumors were already out there that it was him; and at the end of it all...those rumors were correct. I looked for him the first night, who was this guy Ed? I thought at first the rumors were wrong because there was no Ed in any of the limos. Why should I be surprised at Fleiss bringing in a handpicked second group with some ringers and Ed led in the bunch with a knowing smirk on his face. That was my first introduction to what Ed looked like.

    Passable good looks and just fair in about every other way. I realize that many are enamored with Ed; I think that is OK by me.

    And maybe Jillian is totally smitten with him now; I do not doubt that for a minute.

    But everybody sees things differently and I wish that Fleiss and company would just let the story unfold without forcing people to stand in the fountain and run and jump into their arms or be carried piggy back or any of the other stunts he makes every season of bachelors and bachelorettes engage in. I think the franchise is getting very tired.

    I watch it now like a soap opera; it is vaguely entertaining but I do not put much stock in it. I also do not ever imagine that any of the matches are made in heaven. But that is JMHO and I respect everybody else's different opinion.

    I have also learned in watching this show that the rumors usually have long legs and about 85% have been proven true in the bachelor/bachelorette franchise in the long run.

    First, there is the gossip, then the rumors which are denied, then an announcement by the bachelors/bachelorettes that they are regrettably not with each other. That seems to follow a scripted release pattern too. Fleiss has the formula to rope all of us in down to a science. We can all choose to either change the channel or not; but we continue to watch the next season even though many of us say that this is the last one for us. Oddly enough I enjoyed the franchise early on without the heavy editing; but that was just an individual preference.

    Ed was part of the production cast; just like everybody else; possibly it seems even more so. The die is cast now and Jillian and Ed are together; how it happened...I don't care; I personally didn't see a love story either...but he is not in my loft so I don't have the problem to deal with.

    I think part of the problem is that the media takes too much interest in all these folks as if they were full fledged celebrities which they are not; and probably this is what sells.
    A sparkle of the eye and a beaming face cannot be "staged". It was all there...for ED.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

  3. #1213
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Ed & Jill have very good chance to be successful. I have a filing that they are both very good communicators. Both are capable to talk about anything without being in shouting match.
    Jill shows appreciation when he does something for her which will incarrige him to do even more.
    Both are caring people especially Jill.
    As she said –they relationships is her priority right now which shows that she does not take it as just ‘given’ and most importantly I don’t see her as nagging person that sulks around when things are not the way she wants which is one of the #1 killer of relationships.
    Ed & Jill hope you continue to love each other and if you do not take what you have right now for granted Ed will be right when he said that he is positive that you can be great couple. And he is also right, if you cannot read obsessive posters garbage do not read those posts. Make list and ignore them. Actually there are not that many of them. They just bark a lot.
    All the best to both of you, and I apologise for my English.

  4. #1214
    FORT Fogey cape's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,631

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by tagora;3632302 View Post
    Ed & Jill have very good chance to be successful. I have a filing that they are both very good communicators. Both are capable to talk about anything without being in shouting match.
    Jill shows appreciation when he does something for her which will incarrige him to do even more.
    Both are caring people especially Jill.
    As she said –they relationships is her priority right now which shows that she does not take it as just ‘given’ and most importantly I don’t see her as nagging person that sulks around when things are not the way she wants which is one of the #1 killer of relationships.
    Ed & Jill hope you continue to love each other and if you do not take what you have right now for granted Ed will be right when he said that he is positive that you can be great couple. And he is also right, if you cannot read obsessive posters garbage do not read those posts. Make list and ignore them. Actually there are not that many of them. They just bark a lot.
    All the best to both of you, and I apologise for my English.
    Great post and your English was just fine and got your point across!!

  5. #1215
    Team Choca. Brad who?! Alanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,066

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by stickle;3632099;

    Alanna, you're getting quite robust in your defense of Jillian on this subject. You go girl!
    Lol. Thanks! It's just that Jillian is a big girl and clearly knows about all of these rumors and seriously does not care and it's ridiculous that people (Jason freakin Mesnick among others) are saying she needs to know for her benefit.

    No, if this comes out, it won't be for Jill's benefit or the benefit of the exes who are already humiliated that their boyfriend was cheating on them and then went on a reality show and got engaged. If this comes out, it'll only serve to create more media buzz for the show/Fleiss and only serve to embarrass everyone involved.

    Jill doesn't care because she's in love with him for reasons I can't even imagine right now (other than he offers her "protection" and "puts her in her place" ) so why embarrass her and them?

    ETA: Jilly is adorable and all happy and excited with him and that's all that matters. This lets me know that he's been loving and affectionate with her these past 3 months so I'm assuming he's been a good boyfriend and she has no reason to break up with him. So good for them even if I don't get it. I sincerely hope this continues.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

  6. #1216
    FORT Fan Tess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    187

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by cape;3632310;
    Great post and your English was just fine and got your point across!!
    If I had to write in 2nd language I would have done as well.

  7. #1217
    FORT Fogey MiniDiva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,320

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3632295;
    I think likes Jillian, and thinks he loves her. But, they have a different energy. She is kind of spastic and "on" all the time. I've noticed in her interviews she really sort of takes over. Something tells me that her personality is going to wear on him quickly, and he is going to be uncomfortable with the upheaval in his life. He complains about his lack of a personal life and being married to his work, but that is really how he likes it.
    As someone else said somewhere in the plethora of Internet posts -- Jillian is a ball of energy! I totally agree. You simply feel her energy and excitement about their relationship and she is about to burst! It is part of her charm and I can see that in her interviews. However, it is also my observation that Ed and Jillian are so totally connected that they speak as one and finish each other's sentences! Charming!

    Chris Harrison, who has had a front row seat to their budding romance, has stated that he feels Jillian and Ed are a true love story . . . a pair of old souls!

    . . . I absolutely agree and feel they were destined to be together and whatever comes their way they will deal with it together.

  8. #1218
    FORT Fanatic Jinxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    663

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3632314;
    As someone else said somewhere in the plethora of Internet posts -- Jillian is a ball of energy! I totally agree. You simply feel her energy and excitement about their relationship and she is about to burst! It is part of her charm and I can see that in her interviews. However, it is also my observation that Ed and Jillian are so totally connected that they speak as one and finish each other's sentences! Charming!

    Chris Harrison, who has had a front row seat to their budding romance, has stated that he feels Jillian and Ed are a true love story . . . a pair of old souls!

    . . . I absolutely agree and feel they were destined to be together and whatever comes their way they will deal with it together.
    Yo Diva! Good morning you have a PM!

    Your post rocks and is right on. Anyhow Jillian and Ed are happy people cannot stand it and have nothing better to do than make rumors and gossip!

  9. #1219
    FORT Fan Bentley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    251

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;3632300;
    A sparkle of the eye and a beaming face cannot be "staged". It was all there...for ED.
    I think I feel like Alana....I am over it now..

  10. #1220
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    19

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Just had to come out of lurkdom to sincerely say that it is very nice to see some of Reid's most ardent fans putting aside their OWN personal feelings to respect the judgment and feelings of the people actually involved in the relationship. Restores my faith. Everyone involved will be happy in the end after the glow of the spotlight has receded.

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.