Closed Thread

Thread: Ed - Bachelorette 5

FORT Fanatic

Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3631649;
    You got the bolded right -- he just took her home to his family reunion in MI! Life is just beginning for the happy couple!
    Let's just remember that Deanna and Jesse did family get-togethers also. Doesn't mean a thing in terms of a lasting relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by stickle;3630679;
    So many favorite moments and I too loved every one of them. I think my most 'favoritest' is when Ed nibbled on Jilly's fingers in the FS in Spain and literally took her breath away. They were so over the moon about each other even way back then. *sigh*
    Yes, I noticed that too stickle and thought at the time what a wonderful job she did trying to cover her feelings to not give away who she really fell for.
    There were little things, even the kissing scene at the fountain and how she stood so close to Ed there, and even in one fountain pic, she kicked her leg back. The girl was smitten even then.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;3632207;
    Yes, I noticed that too stickle and thought at the time what a wonderful job she did trying to cover her feelings to not give away who she really fell for.
    There were little things, even the kissing scene at the fountain and how she stood so close to Ed there, and even in one fountain pic, she kicked her leg back. The girl was smitten even then.
    There were a lot of clues along the way. If they had shown that wedding arch scene in Spain it would have been game over.

I picked up my copy of the People magazine at Walmart on the way home last night. No Harris Teeter here but did used to have them in the Nashville area. The pics are really cute as is the article. It must be love if Ed was listening to Celine Dion on the way home after leaving in Canada, lol.

I think girlfriend-gate wouldn't be so bad if the season itself didn't make it such a big issue. Even Jillian made a big deal about it with the guys and was on a mission to find out who had a girlfriend. How ironic that she ends up with (supposedly) the one and only "cheater".

Quote Originally Posted by albean99;3632213 View Post
    There were a lot of clues along the way. If they had shown that wedding arch scene in Spain it would have been game over.

I picked up my copy of the People magazine at Walmart on the way home last night. No Harris Teeter here but did used to have them in the Nashville area. The pics are really cute as is the article. It must be love if Ed was listening to Celine Dion on the way home after leaving in Canada, lol.
    That was a cute article and the pictures were ADORABLE!! They really compliment each other well and make a beautiful couple. Jillian is absolutely glowing whenever she is with Ed.

Quote Originally Posted by annabanana2;3632194;
    Let's just remember that Deanna and Jesse did family get-togethers also. Doesn't mean a thing in terms of a lasting relationship.
    Deanna and Jessie were doomed, when Graham left. IMO

Jillian states in the People's mag, regarding Reid's return, it didn't matter what he said, she was totally in love with Ed.

That should take away any misconceptions that is all CH's fault for steering her towards Ed during their conversation. No one steered her towards Ed, other than Ed himself. He showed her in many ways how hard he was falling for her.

Those two are crazy about each other. If you go back and look at that Spain arch scene, where the gentleman asks something about if they are going to get married, Jillian breaks out into a huge smile and says maybe....he tells them the old tradition of walking through the arch, results in marriage, they walk through the arch and she wants to walk through the arch again....just to make sure they did it right!!! I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by albean99;3632213;

You are so right about the clues. I am just rewatching ATFRC again and the Wedding Arch scene -- there is no way they could have aired that because that was a dead give away! IMO. That was so cute as she wanted to run through, Ed says, let's walk! He is so loving and affectionate towards her. Plus what a little softie, what man would admit he listens to Celine Dion! I think Ed has a very sweet sentimental side that his circle of friends and ex's may not have seen. Now that he is blessed with finding Jillian he will just continue to glow. I am sure there are alot of sweet guys out there like Ed, and those girls are very lucky to have such a sweet and affectionate man in their lives! Sigh!

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;3632207;
    It is odd how folks see things on television and have different impressions; those production scenes and advance photos in the fountain were all staged; just like every time she greeted the men she had to run and jump into their arms, wrap her legs around them and get twirled around (all part of the script). The fountain scenes did nothing for me and I thought they were part of the fake editing. I also did not take that she was smitten even then because she acted the same with all of the others. I thought her moments with Reid were the most real but even then I felt everything was part of a big scripted and fake production. As far as Ed, I knew before the first night that he had been chosen; the rumors were already out there that it was him; and at the end of it all...those rumors were correct. I looked for him the first night, who was this guy Ed? I thought at first the rumors were wrong because there was no Ed in any of the limos. Why should I be surprised at Fleiss bringing in a handpicked second group with some ringers and Ed led in the bunch with a knowing smirk on his face. That was my first introduction to what Ed looked like.

Passable good looks and just fair in about every other way. I realize that many are enamored with Ed; I think that is OK by me.

And maybe Jillian is totally smitten with him now; I do not doubt that for a minute.

But everybody sees things differently and I wish that Fleiss and company would just let the story unfold without forcing people to stand in the fountain and run and jump into their arms or be carried piggy back or any of the other stunts he makes every season of bachelors and bachelorettes engage in. I think the franchise is getting very tired.

I watch it now like a soap opera; it is vaguely entertaining but I do not put much stock in it. I also do not ever imagine that any of the matches are made in heaven. But that is JMHO and I respect everybody else's different opinion.

I have also learned in watching this show that the rumors usually have long legs and about 85% have been proven true in the bachelor/bachelorette franchise in the long run.

First, there is the gossip, then the rumors which are denied, then an announcement by the bachelors/bachelorettes that they are regrettably not with each other. That seems to follow a scripted release pattern too. Fleiss has the formula to rope all of us in down to a science. We can all choose to either change the channel or not; but we continue to watch the next season even though many of us say that this is the last one for us. Oddly enough I enjoyed the franchise early on without the heavy editing; but that was just an individual preference.

Ed was part of the production cast; just like everybody else; possibly it seems even more so. The die is cast now and Jillian and Ed are together; how it happened...I don't care; I personally didn't see a love story either...but he is not in my loft so I don't have the problem to deal with.

I think part of the problem is that the media takes too much interest in all these folks as if they were full fledged celebrities which they are not; and probably this is what sells.

FORT Newbie

Originally Posted by sueb1961
    still see all the holes that several of us posted and then some. Just take a look at what sdl told us. How much of that as been proven false? Let's see....
    THANK YUO every time I read post from sdl I felt the same. Interesting thing only obsessive posters jumped the sdl wagon.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3632233;
    Deanna and Jessie were doomed, when Graham left. IMO

Jillian states in the People's mag, regarding Reid's return, it didn't matter what he said, she was totally in love with Ed.

That should take away any misconceptions that is all CH's fault for steering her towards Ed during their conversation. No one steered her towards Ed, other than Ed himself. He showed her in many ways how hard he was falling for her.

Those two are crazy about each other. If you go back and look at that Spain arch scene, where the gentleman asks something about if they are going to get married, Jillian breaks out into a huge smile and says maybe....he tells them the old tradition of walking through the arch, results in marriage, they walk through the arch and she wants to walk through the arch again....just to make sure they did it right!!! I love it!
    I don't think there was ever a 'real' chance for Jesse when Deanna's been referring to Ed as Jillian's 'Graham'. Which, if anyone had paid attention, should have clued everyone in to Ed being F1 all along. Deanna doesn't like to be WRONG...there was no way she was going to predict someone who didn't win if she knew. Or at least that's what I kept telling myself.

Now Guardian Angel...re: the bolded -- you DO know that Jillian HAS to say that now that she's 'officially' with Ed now because she has to make him feel secure in that she didn't love anyone else while doing the show. [is my sarcasm coming across? LOL!]

ITA re: the arch--if they'd shown that, it would've given everything away. I LOVED how she asked if they should do it again. Ed's coming back truly was Game Over for everyone else. It was ALWAYS going to be Ed...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Closed Thread