Closed Thread

Thread: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by sueb1961;3631369;
    There will also be those that will believe anything they hear, even without any proof. And just because people believe it doesn't make it more real either. . And just were is that PROOF? I am sure seeing enough people believing this without seeing any. Seams like so many will believe anything they hear about Ed if it makes him look bad. People can believe what they want but I like a little PROOF before I start believing rumors. I also believe in innocent until proven guilty.

What I find really interesting when reading back in the earlier sleuthing I read several posts of people claiming to know all of what sdl told us way before the show. Yet a few of these same posters insisted that Ed did not return to the show. I also seen from reading back that a lot of this is the same as what happened with Molly and her affair rumors. That all started with speculation as to why her parents didn't like her ex, and before you know it became a fact. Same thing every season. And as soon as the picture of Ed and Jillian on the boat in Hawaii came out the rumors of maybe Ed has a gf and went home to end it. Oh yeah and even someones source works for Ed's competition. Just so many holes. And also they rumors really didn't start flying until people actually knew he came back and was considered a huge threat to win this. I also find it very strange if so many knew this story way before it came out that no one said anything especially when rumors about others were flying.

I still see all the holes that several of us posted and then some. Just take a look at what sdl told us. How much of that as been proven false? Let's see
    1. This season is a disaster? No love story here. Oh really I seen plenty of posters from three camps all claiming they seen it. Plus there was an engagement at the end of the show.
    2. Ed banned from his favorite bar. Oh really. We know he was there this weekend not to mention the owner even had a statement out there somewhere. (sorry forgot where I read it). No sdl did not say it was the Blue Frog but he also didn't say it wasn't when everyone assumed it. Plus he also put out there when rumors that he was spotted in others bars, he said he had to find a new one.
    3. He said he know all this in April (along with a few others) yet Spain didn't happen until May. I guess he can see into the future.
    4. He also told us in the dwts thread he was pretty sure Ty was a paid plant/staged/front bf for Mel. Did they pay him to get engaged to her too?

Jillian obviously knows about the rumors, she was with Ed when the interviewer asked Ed if the rumors about him leaving the show because of a girl friend.
    Regarding the bolded, SO DO I.

I realize you are addressing SDL's posts in your 4 points, but since you posted this in reply to my post I will answer number 3---I am speaking for myself, not SDL. I said I knew about Ed since April. I did. I found out he went to Spain in May, when he went to Spain. Again, no inconsistencies.

What does Jillian knowing about the rumors and being present when an interviewer asked Ed a question have to do with Jillian knowing the whole truth? The only person who knows if Jillian knows everything or not is Ed.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3631930;
    Regarding the bolded, SO DO I.

I realize you are addressing SDL's posts in your 4 points, but since you posted this in reply to my post I will answer number 3---I am speaking for myself, not SDL. I said I knew about Ed since April. I did. I found out he went to Spain in May, when he went to Spain. Again, no inconsistencies.

What does Jillian knowing about the rumors and being present when an interviewer asked Ed a question have to do with Jillian knowing the whole truth? The only person who knows if Jillian knows everything or not is Ed.
    Jill knows, she's read FoRT and RS. It's clear that she knows and either a) doesn't believe them for whatever reason or b) believes them and doesn't care, again, for whatever reason.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3631936;
    Jill knows, she's read FoRT and RS. It's clear that she knows and either a) doesn't believe them for whatever reason or b) believes them and doesn't care, again, for whatever reason.
    Jillian wouldn't know everything from reading FoRT or RS. She would only know everything if Ed told her everything. As I said, the only person who knows whether or not he told her everything is Ed.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3631952;
    Jillian wouldn't know everything from reading FoRT or RS. She would only know everything if Ed told her everything. As I said, the only person who knows whether or not he told her everything is Ed.
    I don't know about everything everything but at least she knows about the multiple gfs, the sexting and whatever else is out there and for better or worse, it's clear she couldn't care less.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by stickle;3631029;
    I meant to make note of your post earlier Pete B. Interesting perspective. While I might quibble with your description of Ed as a "boorish nerd", especially the boorish part, I certainly agree that he and Jillian are a good couple with a strong connection. I like your attitude about the rumors being pretty nonsensical.

I think you're onto something about their 'liberal'ness. I wonder if their age, both being 30, is a big part of that. They're both mature and have more experience than the 20-something year olds that have been more the norm on the more frequent Bachelor shows. Another factor, and probably a fairly strong one, is that Jillian is Canadian and Canada is for all intents and purposes a much more liberal country than America. Gay marriage is very run of the mill and raises virtually no eyebrows, a woman's right to abortion has long been established, and many other aspects of the Canadian social fabric are quite different from the U.S. Your analogy about juicy relationships is priceless and apt!

And it probably won't surprise you or many others that I completely concur with your opinion of RS.

Thank you for your thought provoking post.
    You are welcome! Just trying to bring some common sense (and lateral thinking ) into the discussion!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Pete B;3631992;
    You are welcome! Just trying to bring some common sense (and lateral thinking ) into the discussion!
    A welcome diversion from the usual stuff on here most days! Please post again.

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook
    As I said, the only person who knows whether or not he told her everything is Ed.
    And the only people who should be concerned about whether he's told her enough are Ed and Jillian. Not you, not me, not sdl, not Blue Frog, not Jeremy, not RS, not Lindsey, not Bethany, not anyone. It's NO ONE else's business. If Lindsey or Bethany have a beef with Ed, let them take it up with Ed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna
    I don't know about everything everything but at least she knows about the multiple gfs, the sexting and whatever else is out there and for better or worse, it's clear she couldn't care less.
    Alanna, you're getting quite robust in your defense of Jillian on this subject. You go girl!

MiniDiva, I checked out your scan of the People magazine article. It was great. Thank you so much. Hubba hubba hubba but Ed looked hot in his pictures! It was certainly a very positive favorable article about them which was a treat to read in this charged atmosphere. I think the author was quite taken by the authenticity and realness of Jilly and Ed. So often these types of articles are puff pieces but I think she saw the love story that so many of us see and gave it due credit. I must get out and buy a hard copy to keep for posterity.

I missed the ATFR, can someone tell me if TPTB gave Ed & Jill an engagement gift (like Deanna & Jesse got the trip to Greece, Jason & MOlly got - the tent -)

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3632128;
    I missed the ATFR, can someone tell me if TPTB gave Ed & Jill an engagement gift (like Deanna & Jesse got the trip to Greece, Jason & MOlly got - the tent -)
    We haven't heard of an engagement gift per se, but we have speculated that the gift could have been putting Ed and Jillian up in a safe haven for two months in beautiful houses with pools somewhere in California, probably Malibu area. Apparently, they were quite impressed and pleased with their surroundings and didn't have to leave the premises as all of their needs were supplied.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3631334;
    Thanks jlccaz A few of us posters had this inside information before hand, and shared it numerous times. We stated, there were cameramen there till 4am. in a room with no a/conditioning, sunburned to a point of blisters, talking about past relationships, (which Jillian recently stated in one of her interviews that they were talking about past relationships, ) only to be edited as E.D!!!

What is or who is Harris Teeter?
    No "inside" info needed. It's an official talking point, having been stated to dozens of reporters during her pre finale media teleconference. Could be true, could be a talking point.

The whole thing is laughable to me anyway. The board / media conversation as if it's a "real" issue for the couple to deal with. They (the dozen or so producers, camera and lighting and sound crew) do not stand there at ANYONE's fantasy suite to see whether the couple are having a good time in the physical department or not. They force them to have forced conversations on required topics (here, "ED'S PAST RELATIONSHIPS"; for Reid, "WHY WON'T HE SAY I LOVE YOU ON CAMERA YET") then hit the road. With the filming schedules of those very busy days (activity; transportation; romantic dinner; fantasy suit) it is often practically dawn before the couple is left alone. The whole thing of Ed/Jill chemistry is 100% a plot contrivance, not worthy of 3 minutes of conversation. ... which I just exceeded, LOL.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3631952;
    It is my opinion that none of us knows everything either. In this saga of Ed's life, I would wager to say that the only person who knows exactly everything that has gone down on all counts is Ed himself.

Closed Thread