Closed Thread

Thread: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by JoLena;3631195;
    per bolds.....Are you sure about that?
    What's the big deal if they have or haven't....no skin off our butts.

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3631186;
    I saw the People mag spread at Harris Teeter buying dinner. He says that the fantasy suite scene was dozen people watching Jill grill him about past relationships in 90 degree hotel room, and that explains the mood/the after-mood. Or words to that effect. That's an independent article laying ground work for the Happy Couple to say that there isn't anything coming to light publicly that "they" have not already dealt with. I think that's what we'll see. Weathering the storm together publicly. Behind the scenes, they will have to make their own choices.
    I have so been trying to keep my fingers off the keyboard over this mess.

Since I have no inside information, and although what I saw on my tv was a satisfying modern "love story" and that's what most concerns me, not these people's real lives, and I'm 100 percent certain I didn't see the whole story, I hesitate to comment or speculate.

What I DO want to say is that I saw a friendship, respect and mutual partnership between these two after the show ended. So, Jillian as a naive, forgiving, duped woman without a clue in her head, desperate for a man simply does not jive for me.

Whether she didn't find love and made a "deal" with Ed, reached some kind agreement to see if they could make it in the real world despite the surrounding circumstances, if they decided that it was mutually beneficial arrangement, or they fell madly in love is not for me to say, but I saw enough on my screen, and heard enough from Jillian in interviews to let me know that she is not some lamb being led to slaughter where Ed is concerned.

Of THAT I"m almost certain. The rest? Who knows?
    Last edited by Phyllie; 08-01-2009 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Living;3631075;
    Ed is not a charming prince.[B][/B] Ed is a regular confident successful guy. Okay he sowed a few wil oats. Jillian knows about Ed having slept with a number of people in the past. so what. Jillian says she is not a virgin herself. We need to get over the fact that Jillian chose Ed. They are together and let them figure their life out on their own. If we claim we like Jillian, we need to give them the space to make their own mistakes. Not force our opinions down their throats, I love Jilyl and I am happy for her.
    That's for sure & I'm not too sure about the confidend part either. Maybe & maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by pavalygurl;3630731;
    Does not Jillian deserve someone who is true to her?
    Yes she does; I think she will be true blue to her partner and every woman deserves it in return. It is kind of early in their relationship when the bloom is still on the rose to continuously hear these rumors. I don't think these things get much better over time if a person has these kinds of inclinations.

Let us hope that these rumors fade away in time.

It is good to see a balanced discussion still going on; those who want to believe the best about their choice are continuing to discuss everything they like and love about him and those who are maybe not so enchanted with the rumors are able to have a civil discussion about their views.

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3631187;
    Jillian also said "again" (sounds like "a" + the word "gain") like that last season, but she stopped this season. I thought that was strange.
    Everyone thinks us Canadians say the word again, in a funny accent. It all started when Wayne Gretsky became famous, I know my American friends couldn't wait to hear his interviews hoping he's say the word "again" and "about". It doesn't sound any different to me when I say it

Jillian has basically been in the U.S for quite some time now, she could be picking up and LA accent, soon to pick up a Chicago accent!

I love Ed's accent! Its a cross between MI with a very slight Chicago accent.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by JoLena;3631195;
    per bolds.....Are you sure about that?
    Great question, because unless you are a fly on the wall or personally know these people, you can't state that as fact. Well, you can, but that doesn't mean it's true

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy;3630690;
    LOL ... although I fully admit not my style, as I am not 29 anymore, that video cracked me up! Just as I did watching Reid and Ed bust out laughing when Ed inadvertently "passed wind" during the rose ceremony.

Might sound strange to you but with all the insanity, tanked world economy, two wars, our country struggling with how best to do what we feel right, something as delightfully distracting as watching the Bachelorette show instead of PBS, joining in with the live audience as they laugh out loud about a silly uncontrollable bodily function ... it has its place, it was there and it felt right!

Of course, my opinion!
    That is OK; I respect your different point of view; it did not crack me up; I thought it was in poor taste. There are many warnings to young people about the internet and the fact that you should be careful of what is posted about you or by you. It can come back to haunt folks.

Ed, being a technology guru should understand all of the pros and cons of security and social networks, etc. I think that the video shows a certain degree of immaturity and a frat boy mentality; never mind it being in poor taste. Being older at the rose ceremony and allegedly trying to create a good impression; it was once again in poor taste and in a way disrespectful of the proceedings. I am wondering if Microsoft sent Ed into their best and most respected client whether Ed would fart openly and laugh about it in front of the client. I highly doubt it.

I disagree with you about the farting "feeling" right (lol). It certainly is considered in poor taste in many circles. Again, I respect the fact that in the circle that you are in it may not be. But everyone has their different opinions and different frames of reference.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cheekychook
    I have not missed any point, but thanks for checking.

Who is anyone here to know why Jeremy would or wouldn't want to comment on the Ed matter? Do you know if Jeremy is going on unsubstantiated rumor? Do you know that he isn't just generally appalled by the idea of a guy who would string along multiple women AND simultaneously go on a reality show where you're supposed to be single and looking for love? Do you know anything about Jeremy's intentions other than a simplistic and, imo illogical, assumption that his opinion about Ed has to do with Wes?

I once again resent the thinly veiled insinuation that the people on here who know/know about the girlfriends/texts/emails are misrepresenting their information---just because no one has shown you what you are insisting to see doesn't mean anyone is lying, exaggerating or misrepresenting anything. It just means you don't believe it, and that's your choice. Just like it's my choice what I will and won't post on a public board or in response to a bullying PM.

Good post cheekychook and pitch perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3630722;
    These are all so great CSW -- all favorite moments with Ed. Let me add a few more . . . .

--I love how tender he is with her, just so touchy feeling and has been from the beginning.
    --Also how he will alway lifts her up out the carriage and/or helicopter like a gentle giant lifting a delicate creature.
    --I love the fact that he came in the first nite they met and said I believe we are a good fit together -- he never deviated from that point, ever!
    --When he left the show early and he possessively kept the rose as he didn't want anyone else to have it. --The outtake where the guys were at dinner and he is talking about her objectively and seriously and the other guys threw dinner rolls at him and he just laughs and throws them back.
    --How he is one of the worst dressers in TB history and he just doesn't care and neither does Jilly. It is all about peeling back the layers to get to know the man, or is it just merely peeling of the clothes to get to know the man?
    --On their first date and they landed on the roof top she walks him over to to the side and said this is our only way down and Ed yell's NO WAY!
    --Same zipline date and he is all strapped in and is VO says how scared he is but looks over at Jilly and it gave him confidence -- he said he didn't want to look like a wus!
    --Same date, he yells over to Jilly, "you better give me a rose"!
    --During the Spain dinner he initiates the convo and says "How do you feel about moving, hypothetically in with me:He steals Jillian breath away - Sigh! She is there now! Another sigh!
    --In the Spain FS suite, the last shot we see is Ed saying as he nuzzles into her shoulder, you are the best part about Spain!
    --When Ed described taking Jilly to a Cubs game and Jilly would discover the Hotdogs -- "OMG they are everywhere, there everywhere!"
    --When Jilly set down with Ed to have a serious talk and suddenly said to Ed under her breath, "Your drunk" and Ed immediate started grinning and grabbed the top of his head -- he reminded me of Laurel from "Laurel & Hardy"!
    --Sweet wobbly tipsy Ed dance moves that wouldn't end! Adorable!
    --How some where between Spain and Maui Ed turned into mush and all moonface when he looks into Jilly's eyes.
    --How at the F3 FRC Ed begs Jilly for a chance to prove himself! He looked like he was going to cry.
    --How excited that he flew his parents in to Maui and the joy he and she felt at that moment: "Brilliant, Ed, Brilliant"
    --How Ed treated Jillian with his parents, like he was introducing his finance' to his family, he was so proud of her and the things they had in common -- such large family Christmas's and playing cards!
    --The fact that he actually got down on bended knee to propose but fisrt asked her for reassurance that she loved him - smooth move Ed!

OK, I could go on and on . . . perhaps someone else can add to this list!

Brilliant Ed, Brilliant - I am going to miss you as my sweet fantasy as you belong to Jilly now!
    Thank you to all the posters that have been recaping! MiniDiva, you have effectively reminded me of so much that I forgot. Regarding the 1st bolded, he kept the rose, I thought for sure it was scripted, and was expecting to see it come back somehow, but it never did. He litterally wanted to keep that rose.

I was excited when he mentioned the Cubbie's game, I'm a sports nut, I love all sports, Jillian didn't seem to be familiar with sports, she will have a blast at a baseball game. I hope he takes her to a Blackhawks game too! And, I love his humour and how he was able to make a point of telling her there are lots of hot dogs at a baseball game!!

One of my favorite scenes, is my avatar. I love the way he wraps his big arms around her, one hand usually around her lower back, and the other in the middle of her back. As if he's holding her as close to his heart as possible!

I'd like a body language opinion on that kind of a hold!!

There are so many more scenes that just made my heart melt. I have to think back, and will contribute more.

FORT Regular

O.K. My favorite post-show Ed moment is this sweet note he wrote to Jill's fans on her People blog. I especially loved the bolded part.

Ed here! I cannot believe the journey that we have experienced over the last few months. But we are having a blast and could not be happier. I want to thank everyone for their support and cheering us on. Jilly and I have been spending so much time together and have an incredible summer planned. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU … for believing in Jilly and supporting her throughout this. She means the world to me and I promise I will take good care of her. We are ready for a wicked life together!–Ed

Closed Thread