Closed Thread

Thread: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by Debalou;3630991;
    Ed saw it as a contest to win and that is still being confirmed to me every time I see an interview with J and E. For Jillian, it was the choice of who is telling me what I want to hear now. She was SO insecure within herself Ed was the only one who figured out how to exploit that and say the right words regardless of whether or not he meant them ( I will never believe he did mean them.) There is an arrogance about him that is so visible ie smirks, rolling his eyes (I saw him do that at something Jillian said the other day) his statements etc. Wes may have been there for the exposure but IMO Ed was too.

You need to go to the ABC website. A co-worker of Ed replied. It may explain some of the things you are so angry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Tess;3631003;
    Goldie --- you say that Jillian already knows. How do you know? Are you a friend with inside knowledge of what she knows?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by addison h.;3630742;
    personally, I can't stand ed. never could. I don't like is accent, I don't like his haircut, I don't like his "deer in the headlights" look. I don't like his general "gooey-ness"
    BUT I know Jillian does like it so for her sake I think the best we can hope for is that she DOES know about all this already and has already made the conscious decision to be okay with it.

also - when did he make his own homemade nametag? did he say anything about it to her or did he just wear it?
    I must've missed this but if he really did it I think that actually is HILARIOUS
    I believe that initially the home made name tag on his coat was to cover a brand and Ed was being creative. Kyp also had black electrical tape on the edge of the hat he was wearing the same evening.

Goldie --- you say that Jillian already knows. How do you know? Are you a friend with inside knowledge of what she knows?
    That saw that also. It was on one of the interviews Jillian gave BEFORE the final rose. They talked about it on the night that Ed and Jillian were to spend together and it failed due to to much sun etc. Anyway you will have to search some of the videos but it is there.

To love and be loved is.. goldie2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mnmhughes;3631008;
    No.
    Are you goldie?How do you know what I may know or not know?
    I am personslly offended that someone answers for me as to what I know..

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Pete B;3630791;
    I have to say that I was not a fan of Ed's during the season. He struck me as a little bit of a boorish nerd, who often had difficulty expressing himself. However, Jillian and him make a good couple and seem to have more connection than we have seen in any of TB seasons recently. Will they last - who knows? But, as someone said, I would rather celebrate a happy event than rain on someone's parade!

Therefore I am genuinely surprised that there is so much bile against them.

This whole story about a secret coming out next week is almost laughable. I particularly find Ed's gf rumors to be pointless and almost naive. Irrespective of whether the rumors are true, both Jillian and Ed strike me as more "liberal" in matters of love than most of the posters on this board. So the fact that they may have had "juicy" past relationships (this I am certain would apply to Jillian as well) would not necessarily phase them! It's like Rush Limbaugh trying to embarass Jon Stewart on how liberal Jon is - it will simply not work!

With RS as the source, I am even less inclined to give all this any serious attention. My opinion of RS is well known - he is a self centred ego-driven self-marketer who will do anything to attract attention. Now with paid advertising on his site, at least he is hopefully making some money!
    I meant to make note of your post earlier Pete B. Interesting perspective. While I might quibble with your description of Ed as a "boorish nerd", especially the boorish part, I certainly agree that he and Jillian are a good couple with a strong connection. I like your attitude about the rumors being pretty nonsensical.

I think you're onto something about their 'liberal'ness. I wonder if their age, both being 30, is a big part of that. They're both mature and have more experience than the 20-something year olds that have been more the norm on the more frequent Bachelor shows. Another factor, and probably a fairly strong one, is that Jillian is Canadian and Canada is for all intents and purposes a much more liberal country than America. Gay marriage is very run of the mill and raises virtually no eyebrows, a woman's right to abortion has long been established, and many other aspects of the Canadian social fabric are quite different from the U.S. Your analogy about juicy relationships is priceless and apt!

And it probably won't surprise you or many others that I completely concur with your opinion of RS.

Thank you for your thought provoking post.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet;3630984;
    Let's see.....the horrible rumors:
    1). Ed actually dated women in his past, before he came on the show - Oh the HORROR of it all! How abnormal & evil of him!
    2). One of these women he dated in the past, who didn't get that he just wasn't that int her, text-messaged him - WOW, isn't that unusual & evil, in this day of overly excessive texting?
    3). He actually returned the text - Shocking! I'm sure NO ONE ever returns texts except to those they truly love
    (in case anyone didn't get it, much of the above is sarcasm)

Sarcastic or not, it's spot on!
    "Will Ed STILL be the charming prince around here?"

Nope, he'll be the same he's been all along to me: A NORMAL guy who fell in love with Jillian on TV & wants the relationship to work. Not a prince, not a devil, just a good guy in love.
    It all should be so simple, shouldn't it.

MTG

Well, I read the post from Ed's co-worker on the ABC board and am even more convinced that Ed is so right for Jillian!!

Also, it says something about the People magazine article! Anyone have that one? I so wish I lived closer to town!!! lol
    Last edited by MTG; 08-01-2009 at 04:46 PM. Reason: added question

FORT Fan

I think that Goldie gave it all away when she said "Her and Ed"....woo hoo!! Jillian has been on these boards the whole time!! Goldie is Jillian!!

To love and be loved is.. goldie2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tammi;3631043;
    I think that Goldie gave it all away when she said "Her and Ed"....woo hoo!! Jillian has been on these boards the whole time!! Goldie is Jillian!!
    Well thanks for the compliment.. But sorry to disappoint , I am not Jill.
    She is off with Ed somewhere having a great time , I'm sure ..

Haven't you ever been to a concert and the band left way before the lights even came up..?
    They are long gone before the music stops playing..

Jill is not here, she rode off with Ed into the sunset along time ago..
    And hopefully they will never come back here.

But thanks for the chuckle..it was cute.

Closed Thread