Closed Thread

Thread: Ed - Bachelorette 5

FORT Fogey

Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Ed, he has style. He is successful and has made it on his own. He is tall and confident. Easy to get along with.

Ed is a normal guy in a city. worked hard with a brillant sense of humour.

Go Ed. Jill, you made the best choice.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MTG;3630738;
    Okay and now Andy Baldwin has gotten in on the tweets and agrees with Jason that RS should keep it private!!!
    Glad to hear they're stepping up and stepping in about that!!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I have to say that I was not a fan of Ed's during the season. He struck me as a little bit of a boorish nerd, who often had difficulty expressing himself. However, Jillian and him make a good couple and seem to have more connection than we have seen in any of TB seasons recently. Will they last - who knows? But, as someone said, I would rather celebrate a happy event than rain on someone's parade!

Therefore I am genuinely surprised that there is so much bile against them.

This whole story about a secret coming out next week is almost laughable. I particularly find Ed's gf rumors to be pointless and almost naive. Irrespective of whether the rumors are true, both Jillian and Ed strike me as more "liberal" in matters of love than most of the posters on this board. So the fact that they may have had "juicy" past relationships (this I am certain would apply to Jillian as well) would not necessarily phase them! It's like Rush Limbaugh trying to embarass Jon Stewart on how liberal Jon is - it will simply not work!

With RS as the source, I am even less inclined to give all this any serious attention. My opinion of RS is well known - he is a self centred ego-driven self-marketer who will do anything to attract attention. Now with paid advertising on his site, at least he is hopefully making some money!

Quote Originally Posted by MTG;3630738;
    Okay and now Andy Baldwin has gotten in on the tweets and agrees with Jason that RS should keep it private!!!
    That is what I call noble! Way to go Jason and Andy. That just elevated Jason to back on top of my list.

This appears to me that they think RS is behind the leak and/or getting ready to go public with more information? Don't wan't to read the wrong thing into it. What is your take?

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by addison h.;3630742;

also - when did he make his own homemade nametag? did he say anything about it to her or did he just wear it? I must've missed this but if he really did it I think that actually is HILARIOUS
    Okay, another of my favoritist moments -- when Ed tells Jillian that if she doesn't want to stay in the fantasy suite then she can just leave so he can have it.

Addison H, during the Whistler date when Jillian & the guys went snowmobiling, Ed put his name in tape on his coat -- here's the picture--

"We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3630796;
    Okay, another of my favoritist moments -- when Ed tells Jillian that if she doesn't want to stay in the fantasy suite then she can just leave so he can have it.

Addison H, during the Whistler date when Jillian & the guys went snowmobiling, Ed put his name in tape on his coat -- here's the picture--

I didn't see that......so funny....thanks!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3630722;
    --Also how he will alway lifts her up out the carriage and/or helicopter like a gentle giant lifting a delicate creature.

--How excited that he flew his parents in to Maui and the joy he and she felt at that moment: "Brilliant, Ed, Brilliant"

--The fact that he actually got down on bended knee to propose but fisrt asked her for reassurance that she loved him - smooth move Ed!
    Loved your whole list MiniDiva so I'll just add to a couple of them.

-- He did that when he arrived at the catamaran in Maui too. She was waiting for him up on the deck and he lifted her down so he could kiss her hello. His big hands almost span her tiny waist.

-- Loved her PI standing on the beach after the boat part of the date. She was positively glowing as she said 'Ed has done two things right. The first was to come back and the second was to bring his parents here. It proves that he listens to what is important to me.'

-- What I particularly liked was his confidence. He didn't say 'I need you to tell me if you love me.' He said 'I need you to tell me that you love me.'

To add another one of my own (I could go on all day there are so many of them! ) I loved how even by Spain they were so...well....familiar with each other. They were fondling and touching each other in a way that none of the other F4 ever did. In the fountain in Seville he had a very good grasp on her butt and on the boat in Maui she gave his backside a very proprietary grope too.

Brilliant Ed, Brilliant - I am going to miss you as my sweet fantasy as you belong to Jilly now!
    So well said. Brought a tear to my eye almost.

But I have to take exception to this comment of yours:
    --How he is one of the worst dressers in TB history and he just doesn't care and neither does Jilly.
    I beg to completely differ with you. He was one of the snappiest dressers I've ever seen on the show. His suits had a beautiful cut, he wore preppy sweaters like no one's business, his pastel suit in Maui was completely appropriate for a tropical setting and pastel colors are the newest rage on the runways this season, and his beloved mankini is very fashion forward. The rest of America will catch up to his trend soon. Ed is many things and fashionable stylish dressing is just another one to add to the list which is a good thing, because Jillian is also very into fashion as well.

Quote Originally Posted by trisha22;3630710;
    You know what I liked best about this season is..... there was a "love story" and those of us who zeroed in on what transpired between Ed and Jillian had a very enjoyable season!
    that must be awesome for those of you who saw it! seriously, I'm not trying to be sarcastic. And for the rest of us, as usual, wish TPTB would have let us see more of "the story"

That is one good looking man ... or in the words of Jilly's grandma ... terrifically good looking (or something like that).

What is funny about Ed with the medical tape is first: I think he may have been trying to get Jilly's attention, that was the day he had to tell her he may have to leave. But the other thing is Michael apparently got very car sick and had thrown up or was throwing up and I think the paramedics were attending to him. Would this be where Ed got the medical tape? Those guys were a riot -- I think we missed alot by not seeing more outtakes as to what happened with the guys and of course what happen with Ed and Jilly in the mansion. Does anyone know more about Michael getting travel sick? I think he later went "ziplinling" and he ended up turning upside down, crazy guy!

Closed Thread