Closed Thread

Thread: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3630382;
    I guess that's one way to look at it.

The other way to look at it is that Ed did some really unsavory things to a lot of women and some decent guys who happen to live in Texas heard about it from sources they deemed reliable so they commented about it on twitter in vague yet disapproving messages.

I really don't get this Texas mafia conspiracy theory. It makes no sense. I have said this before but I will say it again because apparently it bears repeating. Reality Steve is a blogger. He writes about this show. Some people like it, some people don't---that's all there is to it. If he didn't have opinions and he didn't have some scoop to comment on then there would be no blog. He is free to comment on whatever he wants.

Wes got a horrible edit. That has nothing to do with Ed. Making Ed look bad doesn't and can't make Wes look better. That was never the goal of any of this. Lots of people knew about Ed and his behavior at home LONG before anyone even realized Wes was going to GET a bad edit. The two problems are completely unrelated.

Jeremy was a contestant on this show. He knows countless people in production and from other seasons. He could have heard info about this season, and about Ed in particular, from many different sources. He chose to believe those sources so he has commented about it in a few tweets. That is what twitter is for---to make comments about things you think. His tweets may sometimes coincide with Reality Steve's, but that is because they are both occasionally tweeting about a show that has been a topic of conversation for the past 10 weeks. That's not a conspiracy it's circumstance. And anyone who thinks that Jeremy has nothing better to do than tweet about this show obviously chooses to ignore the tweets he has made about working until 2am, about attending friends' weddings, about visiting the childrens' oncology ward to cheer up the kids----there's a lot more to Jeremy than a few comments about how a man who appears to be a real jerk to women may be exposed as such in coming weeks.

Once again, IMO, if info comes out about Ed's behavior that makes Ed look bad it is NO ONE'S FAULT BUT ED'S!!

And the Chitown women were already hurt by Ed before all this came out--they are just STILL being hurt by his actions---why is it just Jillian's happiness that everyone cares about? Aren't these other women just as deserving of happiness? If Ed winds up hurting Jillian then her name will just be added to the list of other casualties of Ed's behavior. Again, not the fault of anyone living in Texas.
    decent guys dont they have anything better to do..They must have a pathetic lonely life. What business is it of Jeremys, Wes or RS theyre 15min are up time to grow up and go try live their own lives

MTG

Quote Originally Posted by beth0419;3630682;
    decent guys dont they have anything better to do..They must have a pathetic lonely life. What business is it of Jeremys, Wes or RS theyre 15min are up time to grow up and go try live their own lives
    Well, I think Jeremy has finally decided to step out of this one. Looking at the twitters going on between Jason and RS, someone asked Jeremy if he had anything to add and he tweeted back "No ma'am. It's not mine or anyone else's business. What's meant to be will be..."

Quote Originally Posted by MTG;3630686;
    Well, I think Jeremy has finally decided to step out of this one. Looking at the twitters going on between Jason and RS, someone asked Jeremy if he had anything to add and he tweeted back "No ma'am. It's not mine or anyone else's business. What's meant to be will be..."
    thats good to hear

Quote Originally Posted by Bentley;3630566;
    Many rumors and you tube videos even one starring our F1 bachelor to me are credible information. The point is that some folks do not want to believe any of this credible data and just want to call it "all not credible".

The one youtube jenga video starring Ed was credible enough for me.
    LOL ... although I fully admit not my style, as I am not 29 anymore, that video cracked me up! Just as I did watching Reid and Ed bust out laughing when Ed inadvertently "passed wind" during the rose ceremony.

Might sound strange to you but with all the insanity, tanked world economy, two wars, our country struggling with how best to do what we feel right, something as delightfully distracting as watching the Bachelorette show instead of PBS, joining in with the live audience as they laugh out loud about a silly uncontrollable bodily function ... it has its place, it was there and it felt right!

Of course, my opinion!

FORT Fanatic

Ooh ooh. I just thought of my almost co-equal favoritest moment. When Ed and Jilly were on the boat in Hawaii and he told her about flying his parents over to meet her, she leaped into the air and then onto the deck to hug and snuggle. Then what I loved was how she popped back up onto the top railing so that her face could be level with Ed's, all the easier to kiss him and nuzzle. *sigh*

Right up there too is from their backstage video on Regis and Kelly when they were fidgeting waiting to go out and Ed did a deep knee bend to get his face down to Jilly's level without bending over.

Oh, and also in that backstage clip, just before being announced the proposal was being played for the audience and Ed spotted it on a monitor out of the corner of his eye. He got the sweetest sappiest smile on his face as he nudged Jillian to have a look too and she melted and said awww.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3630562;
    I also am saddened to see all this bickering about people none of us actually *know*. I loved coming here in past seasons, it was such fun. I just hope the Bachelor and Bachelorette boards don't get permanently closed down like the ANTM boards did, for just this kind of fighting. For those who are new here, please know FORT is a wonderful place, with lots of funny, clever, interesting and refreshing posters. Check out other shows and topics! I've been here since 2004 and it remains my #1 message board. The Bachelor boards are not the only boards here, and trust me, you'll like it here if you take the time to look around.
    What I have discovered about FORT spoilers and specs this season is that it became less about sleuthing, particularly sleuthing objectively, and more about fanship. Because I never have any faith in this show, I watch to snark and snert. I used FORT spoilers in the past just to get a heads up on what's coming, but this season there seemed to be no objectivity whatsoever. Even the alphabet board was less divided among "party" lines. A real metamorphosis has occurred, and not for the better.

Quote Originally Posted by lavender1960;3630648;
    Why is this suspicious that Reid and Wes are friends. A lot of the Bachelors get along with Wes and have publicly defended him. I can't remember perhaps even Ed himself. Jillian had definitely defended Wes publicly and vigourously. So if Jillian is emailing Wes is she part of some conspiracy. Yeah that's it Jillian found out Ed was the real cad and to punish him she choose him as F1 and will dump hiim at the appropriate time and come back for a second run at Bachelorette. Yeah that makes sense

In fact Jiillian said something about having Wes sing at her wedding.
    I believe it was Ed that first mentioned having Wes at the wedding. :-)

I am tweet illiterate, how do you find these tweets? Is there a link? I'd like to see what Jason has to say.

TIA

MTG

Quote Originally Posted by stickle;3630691;
    Ooh ooh. I just thought of my almost co-equal favoritest moment. When Ed and Jilly were on the boat in Hawaii and he told her about flying his parents over to meet her, she leaped into the air and then onto the deck to hug and snuggle. Then what I loved was how she popped back up onto the top railing so that her face could be level with Ed's, all the easier to kiss him and nuzzle. *sigh*

Right up there too is from their backstage video on Regis and Kelly when they were fidgeting waiting to go out and Ed did a deep knee bend to get his face down to Jilly's level without bending over.

Oh, and also in that backstage clip, just before being announced the proposal was being played for the audience and Ed spotted it on a monitor out of the corner of his eye. He got the sweetest sappiest smile on his face as he nudged Jillian to have a look too and she melted and said awww.
    The bolded is the one that got me! If Jillian would have said it, it would have been awww, but a guy noticing it and pointing it out!!! The guy has my heart!!

FORT Fanatic

So Jeremy's stopped tweeting. Good. Now I wonder if he'll quit calling the Chitown girls too. That Jeremy. He's such a sociable fellow.

Closed Thread