Closed Thread

Thread: Ed - Bachelorette 5

FORT Newbie

Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

All of this mess is between Jill and Ed period. Hopefully they can work it out, if they haven't already. Ed could have confessed all of the sins and indiscretions during the FS date and he and Jillian could have come to terms with all of it. Also, SO WHAT IF ED WAS NOT COMPLETELY FAITHFUL IN THE BEGINNING - its a show for crying out loud, he didn't know how far he would go or if he would have true feelings. But it looks to me that they are both in love and if it's all a farce then they both deserve an Emmy.

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3630460;

If they are not real and are doing all this b/c they are under contract - then I say they deserve an EMMY!! And I still say THANK YOU for a great season - I really enjoyed it and the characters they portryed on my TV were perfect!!!
    I agree Cape that there is a very real vibe to Jill and Ed. I'm usually terrible about picking the F1. Usually I fall for the F2 or F3 edit so thank goodness for all the great FoRT sleuthers. And, this time, too, I thought I saw more of a connection w/ Jill and Reid than Jill and Ed. But I just got a very genuine relationship vibe between Jill and Ed at the ATFR and, unlike picking F1, I have had better intuition about who will last for at least a long-term relationship based on how they are in post-show interviews.

It is obvious, to me, that Jill adores him. For me, the only open issue is whether Ed can/really wants to commit to her. For now, though, he seems to at least give the appearance of wanting to. But, based on how Jill seems to genuinely feel for Ed, I don't think much will come of these rumors even if they can be determined to be true b/c Jill appears to be w/ Ed. And if it's a fauxmance, the rumors will really be swept under the carpet. So I don't see a huge blow up of the texting/sexting-gate in the near future.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

FORT Fanatic

I love when Jillian met Ed's parents and she quietly said to his mom when she was leaving "you raised a wonderful man"!!

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3630382;
    I guess that's one way to look at it.

The other way to look at it is that Ed did some really unsavory things to a lot of women and some decent guys who happen to live in Texas heard about it from sources they deemed reliable so they commented about it on twitter in vague yet disapproving messages.

I really don't get this Texas mafia conspiracy theory. It makes no sense. I have said this before but I will say it again because apparently it bears repeating. Reality Steve is a blogger. He writes about this show. Some people like it, some people don't---that's all there is to it. If he didn't have opinions and he didn't have some scoop to comment on then there would be no blog. He is free to comment on whatever he wants.

Wes got a horrible edit. That has nothing to do with Ed. Making Ed look bad doesn't and can't make Wes look better. That was never the goal of any of this. Lots of people knew about Ed and his behavior at home LONG before anyone even realized Wes was going to GET a bad edit. The two problems are completely unrelated.

Jeremy was a contestant on this show. He knows countless people in production and from other seasons. He could have heard info about this season, and about Ed in particular, from many different sources. He chose to believe those sources so he has commented about it in a few tweets. That is what twitter is for---to make comments about things you think. His tweets may sometimes coincide with Reality Steve's, but that is because they are both occasionally tweeting about a show that has been a topic of conversation for the past 10 weeks. That's not a conspiracy it's circumstance. And anyone who thinks that Jeremy has nothing better to do than tweet about this show obviously chooses to ignore the tweets he has made about working until 2am, about attending friends' weddings, about visiting the childrens' oncology ward to cheer up the kids----there's a lot more to Jeremy than a few comments about how a man who appears to be a real jerk to women may be exposed as such in coming weeks.

Once again, IMO, if info comes out about Ed's behavior that makes Ed look bad it is NO ONE'S FAULT BUT ED'S!!

And the Chitown women were already hurt by Ed before all this came out--they are just STILL being hurt by his actions---why is it just Jillian's happiness that everyone cares about? Aren't these other women just as deserving of happiness? If Ed winds up hurting Jillian then her name will just be added to the list of other casualties of Ed's behavior. Again, not the fault of anyone living in Texas.

Excellent post Cheeky. ITA .

MTG

Pattycake, I found the answer to my question. I saw the tweets from Jason about all of this to RS. I also like the part where RS replied to Jason and said he would discuss this privately where the "peanut gallery" couldn't pipe in!!

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine722;3630429;
    Hi Goldie, I am just up here now catching up with this board. So my instincts were right, and I had not even read anywhere about Mr Perfect, I mean Mr Popular. I had just heard that Reid and Wes are corresponding a lot, and that struck me as real odd, and then odd went to suspicious. Al

Thanks for all you do! xox
    Sunshine from Music City USA
    Why is this suspicious that Reid and Wes are friends. A lot of the Bachelors get along with Wes and have publicly defended him. I can't remember perhaps even Ed himself. Jillian had definitely defended Wes publicly and vigourously. So if Jillian is emailing Wes is she part of some conspiracy. Yeah that's it Jillian found out Ed was the real cad and to punish him she choose him as F1 and will dump hiim at the appropriate time and come back for a second run at Bachelorette. Yeah that makes sense

In fact Jiillian said something about having Wes sing at her wedding.

Quote Originally Posted by trisha22;3630396;
    If we are going to go there....Do we have a sex video of Kip and Reid on hand when she was in the fantasy suites?????? Seems they chose each other and what happened happened in the past and they are engaged to be married and happy as can be!
    I think that's a LITTLE different as Reid & Kip were with JILL, not other girls!! And not claiming that "they couldn't stop thinking about her."

Anyways, I'm done discussing this, we'll see in the coming weeks what will happen and what will be disclosed...

FORT Fanatic

I understand they are in Michigan this weekend for Ed's family reunion...I am going to a wedding today in a city not far from Dundee...hope they have a great time!

Let me get this straight -- just because I choose not to believe rumors it must be because I am an Ed fan and therefore incapable of believing any rumors and /or accepting the fact that rumors exist?

On the contrary, I choose to believe what I believe because that is my prerogative as a human being, not because I am, or I am not, an Ed fan. Get real! Just because someone doesn't agree with me doesn't make my belief a fantasy, it just makes it a fantasy to those who don't share the same belief. We are talking rumors and speculation here, does that make them real, maybe in some of your minds, but it is not real to me. Just because some of you say it is so, doesn't mean I have to believe it and vice versa.

It is all a rather moot point - Ed and Jillian are engaged and very much in love and they are moving towards their future together and putting the past behind them despite anyone trying to rain on their parade. They are out there living and loving their life and we are still sitting here just talking about it! Props to them!

It is time to celebrate Jillian and Ed's happiness!

FORT Fanatic

So many favorite moments and I too loved every one of them. I think my most 'favoritest' is when Ed nibbled on Jilly's fingers in the FS in Spain and literally took her breath away. They were so over the moon about each other even way back then. *sigh*

Closed Thread