Closed Thread

Thread: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by Footballmom;3630454;
    I have tried to keep up with all the "lastest rumors" regarding Ed. There is so much information that is a snip it here and a snip there. Could someone please take the time and just spell out what the allegations are toward Ed and what is the BIG news that is suppose to come out soon? My head is spinning. If this were in one neat package for all to read then maybe I will understand of of us.....thanks....
    Is there ANYBODY willing to sum up for me what is going on with this whole Ed/gf/scandal? I just want to know to be able to understand all that is involved. Seems to me that Ed, Jillian, this Bethany, RS and Jeremy all will be affected by this news as well as the MANY Bachelor/Bachelorette fans.
    I would really appreciate knowing what is going on. Thanks....

MTG

I think one of my most favorite moments is when Jillian asks if he will accept this rose at the finale and he is wringing his hands together and the look in his eyes is just like he can not even control himself! And the SMILE! He was genuinely excited and you could see it!

Quote Originally Posted by Footballmom;3630493;
    Is there ANYBODY willing to sum up for me what is going on with this whole Ed/gf/scandal? I just want to know to be able to understand all that is involved. Seems to me that Ed, Jillian, this Bethany, RS and Jeremy all will be affected by this news as well as the MANY Bachelor/Bachelorette fans.
    I would really appreciate knowing what is going on. Thanks....
    Google "Rardaronline Bachelorette" and it's the first article. Also, go and read RS' tweets to see what he's saying.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3630382;

And the Chitown women were already hurt by Ed before all this came out--they are just STILL being hurt by his actions---why is it just Jillian's happiness that everyone cares about? Aren't these other women just as deserving of happiness? If Ed winds up hurting Jillian then her name will just be added to the list of other casualties of Ed's behavior. Again, not the fault of anyone living in Texas.
    But, Cheeky, I already know of one of Bethany's youthful indiscretions that should have never been made this public as a result of trying to expose Ed. What other things am I going to learn about her, and what am I going to learn about the otherwise highly successful Lindsey - that in and of themselves don't matter to a hill of beans but when isolated and highlighted sound much worse? You can bet anything in their personal pasts that is the slightest bit unsavvory or shows indiscretion is going to come out.

I have been trying hard to show that I care about these two young women. I have never thought this campaign to expose Ed from the time it first started on the board was a good idea. The fallout invariably hurts other people. We see that time and time again in the political arena when a politician's indiscetions are exposed, and his wife and family are shown suffering the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3630509;
    Google "Rardaronline Bachelorette" and it's the first article. Also, go and read RS' tweets to see what he's saying.
    I mean credible information.....

Quote Originally Posted by Footballmom;3630524;
    You asked why people were all in a tizzy, I answered.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by Footballmom;3630524 View Post
    There is none...

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3630460;
    This thread is about Ed.

You are not off topic at all.

In fact, I would like to list all the things I loved about Ed this season....this list isn't everything but my top faves - feel free to add your own!

He had me when Jillian lost her thought on their first date.
    I loved when he came back and she tried to be all cool but in the end couldn't hide how excited she was.
    I loved how they intertwined their hands together all the time - it was so sexy.
    I melted when he said "You are my favorite thing about Spain."
    I loved that he knew she needed to meet his family and so he brought them to Hawaii.
    When he said I would never do it again. Jo what again? Ed: I would never leave you again. I melted!!
    I loved when he proposed and she could barely keep her left hand back until it was time to put the ring on.
    I loved how he looked up so excited as she put the Final Rose on him.
    I loved how he defended the green mankini!! That is a man with confidence!
    I loved in an interview the other day when a little girl asked Jillian why she kissed so many boys that Ed said "Yes Jillian, WHY did you kiss SO MANY BOYS?!!?"

If they are not real and are doing all this b/c they are under contract - then I say they deserve an EMMY!! And I still say THANK YOU for a great season - I really enjoyed it and the characters they portryed on my TV were perfect!!!

Tipsy Ed
    Forget Jillian, you're all mine Glen.
    Ed saying the mankini's looked longer.

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3630460;
    This thread is about Ed.

You are not off topic at all.

In fact, I would like to list all the things I loved about Ed this season....this list isn't everything but my top faves - feel free to add your own!

He had me when Jillian lost her thought on their first date.
    I loved when he came back and she tried to be all cool but in the end couldn't hide how excited she was.
    I loved how they intertwined their hands together all the time - it was so sexy.
    I melted when he said "You are my favorite thing about Spain."
    I loved that he knew she needed to meet his family and so he brought them to Hawaii.
    When he said I would never do it again. Jo what again? Ed: I would never leave you again. I melted!!
    I loved when he proposed and she could barely keep her left hand back until it was time to put the ring on.
    I loved how he looked up so excited as she put the Final Rose on him.
    I loved how he defended the green mankini!! That is a man with confidence!
    I loved in an interview the other day when a little girl asked Jillian why she kissed so many boys that Ed said "Yes Jillian, WHY did you kiss SO MANY BOYS?!!?"

If they are not real and are doing all this b/c they are under contract - then I say they deserve an EMMY!! And I still say THANK YOU for a great season - I really enjoyed it and the characters they portryed on my TV were perfect!!!
    ohhh cape... thank you for this

I loved when he nuzzled into her shoulder after telling her he was falling in love with her and said... you are perfect for me.

I loved on their last night together when he was telling her that he wanted to spend forever with her, and then whispered "I love you" before he kissed her.

I can't remember which recent interview it was, but was with the two of them, and Jillian said she would have chosen no one if Ed had not come back, or if for some reason he had not proposed. and she also said I believe in that same interview that they have already been thru so much and been together so much so far, that there are no filters in their relationship. that told me that their love has actually grown, not been stifled. I believe that is is one couple that will actually make it, much to the mudslingers dismay.

My sympathy (tongue in cheek) is with Martin Hilton for having to give up his chance to exploit the GFsexting scandal.

IMO (opinion only) ABC was well aware of this, hence the suggestion of "no love connection". They could have given us the scoop at the ATFR show, but the ex's did not want to expose themselves to the ridicule and shame of it. I bet Bethany didn't really believe that Ed was going to be F1, because of what he was texting to her, and lies he was telling her. ABC probably had to pass on the expose', in lieu of how the general public reacted to Jason/Molly last season. That doesn't mean that someone in production did not leak it. I am NOT saying they did, just throwing out possibilities.

As to the couple, Jill & Ed - they can most likely weather through this. Other couples have gone through worse, and Jillian has said previously that "if" someone she truly loved "cheated" on her, she would probably forgive them; and try and work it out. Ed is lucky to have found someone willing to make it work, but will he abandon his ways? Sometimes, this is what it takes to grow and mature.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Closed Thread