Closed Thread

Thread: Ed - Bachelorette 5

FORT Fogey

Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;3630412;
    VERY good post! It's OVER. Done with. Case closed, as far as who Jillian selected. She obviousely doesn't have any problem with the rumors, and trusts Ed. More power to them, both. Ed and Jillian - just go and be happy. Only the two of you need only make each other happy, no one else.
    Yes, she chose Ed. We all watched her do it. How do you know she trusts Ed? Some are suggesting she check his cell phone while he is in the shower. If you need to secretly checking your mate's cell phone (or anything else for that matter), it seems to me the level of trust is a little below what it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by goldie2;3628988;
    oh boy, how I would love to answer this completely....
    Reid is not hurt, he is bitter and immature and is grandstanding to be the next bachelor..

Sorry , he was only allowed to return IF he would agree to propose, go all the way..it was a requirement ...
    A nice set up for the possible new bachelor I'd say.. And he is playing the" part "perfectly all through the ATFR until now..so hurt and upset.But ready to give it a try again as the Bach in September , maybe,. So soon, is he sure his
    broken heart will heal in time for the premiere..?? Hahaha

" Mr. Popular " is quite the emailer...huh. Seems to have friends in Texas even. Huh.. He is quite " popular", though, so I'm sure it's nothing.

Silly, Reid has decided to swim with the sharks after all ..
    These sharks eat their young for food, so I'd be careful if I were him...
    He might be dinner soon...
    Hi Goldie, I am just up here now catching up with this board. So my instincts were right, and I had not even read anywhere about Mr Perfect, I mean Mr Popular. I had just heard that Reid and Wes are corresponding a lot, and that struck me as real odd, and then odd went to suspicious. Al

Thanks for all you do! xox
    Sunshine from Music City USA

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by latergator;3587752;
    just moseying around here on the boards and saw this from you MiniDiva... you asked... what does it mean when two lefties get together? well as those in the medical profession know that in the case of the brain the opposite side controls dominance. to explain it better... those of us who are right handed are then controlled by the left hemisphere of the brain... and you guessed it... lefties are controlled by the right. so therefore, lefties are the only ones in their right mind! if it winds up that Ed is indeed left handed, then... it leads this Jill and Ed supporter to the conclusion that... they are both in their "right" minds!
    And there it is -- the quote to sum up the season. The leftie (Jillian) was in her right mind! And she chose ED!!

My husband and I are both lefties so to answer the question about what happens-- in our case, we've got one right-handed and one left-handed child. And I have to admit, it really stunk trying to show my right-handed daughter how to tie a shoe a few months ago. Imagine 2 adults, having to walk themselves through the steps in order to show a child because we're used to doing it left-handed.

Okay, this was WAY OT but I'm tired of all the "did he or didn't he" speculation...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo47;3630423;
    Yes, she chose Ed. We all watched her do it. How do you know she trusts Ed? Some are suggesting she check his cell phone while he is in the shower. If you need to secretly checking your mate's cell phone (or anything else for that matter), it seems to me the level of trust is a little below what it should be.
    I don't know that she trusts Ed any more than anyone else in here does. But to suggest or assume Jillian checks his cell phone would be a rumor to add with all the rest, IMO. Has anyone actually been right there with Jillian to see that she checks Ed's cell phone?? Until anyone has been right there physically with her, no one knows their private matters as far as Im concerned.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Living;3630317;
    It has been coming the whole season. Before there was evidence Ed had a girlfriend called Lindsey and RS has been trying to get her to come out with the dirt. We find out Ed and Linsey were togethr for 7 years and broke off in 2008. This proves Ed is a solid kind of guy to remain for 7 years with one girl.

Then, after his breakup with Linsey he rebounds to have a four month affair with Bethany. As stated. an affair and even more a rebound. It is normal for a guy who has been with one girl for that long to have multiple girlfriends, or sleeping partners because they feel they lost out being with only one girl for 7 years. Especially if the other girls are available and open for ths. Surely he was not satisfied, that is why he ended up on the bachelorette. No man with a steady girlfriend will come on the bachelor/ette unless he had ulterior motives. Ed is not in media nor does he want to have a living in media. Nothing to gain. Maybe he had more than one, two, three sleeping partners. That is what happens in the big cities if you do not have a steady girlfriend and are just hanging there. Sometimes you have more than one because you do not want to get attached to them.

Now, RS, Jeremy, S*L and the Texas cronies (note, not all from Texas are part of this vile connection) have an axe to grind. Wes is their friend and was portrayed badly on the show. The bad boy of this season is Wes. If you noticed, the things about Ed did not start till Wes started to show his true colors on air. When Wes left, the negativity on Ed stopped for a while. Then Ed was chosen and everyone was quite happy for Jillian and Ed. But, in the finale and AFRC, Wes portrayed himself in a negative light again. And, Ed rumours started again.

The fact is at the AFRC more men confirmed that Wes told them that he had a girlfriend. Also, all the men said Wes had said plainly that he came to sell records.

There is no more redemption for Wes as the real truth has come out. What do the Texas cronies do? They try to vilify Ed, re-charging the lies and rumours. What they insinuated the whole season about girlfriend sage was not true. Ed and Linsey broke off in 2008. Implying all the Texas cronies had been saying was a lie. This fact confirms that RS & co. had been telling lies throughout the season. There was not a shed of truth in it. Yet they based much insinuations, callouts to Linsey to talk, lies and rumours on this falsehood that Ed and Linsey were boyfriend and girlfriend which was not true.

The airm of the Texas cronies is to make people forget Wes, not talk about the negative things about Wes. If they talk about Ed long enough, some people will believe it And, if the talk is on Ed, nobody is going to be talking about Wes. Please do not give them this. Please repeat wherever you are and can, how vile Wes is. We heard him say it himself on air. Whether soundbites or not, they came out of his own mouth. We heard the bachelors all confirm Wes having a girlfriend and being there for his career. These were not soundbites. There was a lve audience.. Please take care of Jillian by not allowing the lies about Ed to get ground in your being.

The bottom line is, see Wes for who he himself has portrayed himself not what his friends think Ed has done.
    Seriously, why do people think that Ed is being targeted BECAUSE of someone else? Wes has been a complete non-entity for the past 3 weeks. It doesn't matter now if he had a girlfriend, if he a CD he wanted to promote, if he was filming a behind the scenes documentary or if he was truly looking for love. Jillian cut him and obviously moved on. Game over for Wes in Spain. The fallout would last no more than 2 or 3 weeks. After Jill cut Reid, very few people even thought about Wes.

There are production sources who state that Ed was still dealing with a girlfriend(s?) situation during the show. One of the girlfriends friends posted on FORT herself with this information. FORT sleuthers have heard this from OTHER Chicago sources. If this "rumor" is getting this widespread, it ain't from RS making innuendos on his blog. Either a) ABC is working behind the scenes to keep attention on the show or b) there's meat on these bones.

Not ALL of us want to spend our time on the board reading all the mud-slinging that's going on. I drink my coffee and try to catch up on what I've missed. To see that it's the same old stuff, different day means I'm wasting my precious "me" time so, as I said early this morning, I'm choosing to ignore it.

I urge the rest of you who are tired of the rumor/conspiracy theories to do the same. As I tell my 6-year-old when her little brother is trying to get her goat by repeating the same thing over and over again, if you ignore him, he'll stop.
    Last edited by fluff; 08-01-2009 at 07:19 PM.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I have tried to keep up with all the "lastest rumors" regarding Ed. There is so much information that is a snip it here and a snip there. Could someone please take the time and just spell out what the allegations are toward Ed and what is the BIG news that is suppose to come out soon? My head is spinning. If this were in one neat package for all to read then maybe I will understand of of us.....thanks....

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3630430 View Post
    And there it is -- the quote to sum up the season. The leftie (Jillian) was in her right mind! And she chose ED!!

My husband and I are both lefties so to answer the question about what happens-- in our case, we've got one right-handed and one left-handed child. And I have to admit, it really stunk trying to show my right-handed daughter how to tie a shoe a few months ago. Imagine 2 adults, having to walk themselves through the steps in order to show a child because we're used to doing it left-handed.

Okay, this was WAY OT but I'm tired of all the "did he or didn't he" speculation...
    This thread is about Ed.

You are not off topic at all.

In fact, I would like to list all the things I loved about Ed this season....this list isn't everything but my top faves - feel free to add your own!

He had me when Jillian lost her thought on their first date.
    I loved when he came back and she tried to be all cool but in the end couldn't hide how excited she was.
    I loved how they intertwined their hands together all the time - it was so sexy.
    I melted when he said "You are my favorite thing about Spain."
    I loved that he knew she needed to meet his family and so he brought them to Hawaii.
    When he said I would never do it again. Jo what again? Ed: I would never leave you again. I melted!!
    I loved when he proposed and she could barely keep her left hand back until it was time to put the ring on.
    I loved how he looked up so excited as she put the Final Rose on him.
    I loved how he defended the green mankini!! That is a man with confidence!
    I loved in an interview the other day when a little girl asked Jillian why she kissed so many boys that Ed said "Yes Jillian, WHY did you kiss SO MANY BOYS?!!?"

If they are not real and are doing all this b/c they are under contract - then I say they deserve an EMMY!! And I still say THANK YOU for a great season - I really enjoyed it and the characters they portryed on my TV were perfect!!!

Jillian's opinion of Ed is the ONLY one that matters. I trust that she will get to the bottom of this. This is HER LIFE, not ours. I also have to say that I admire Jason for sticking up for them. Jason and Molly have been through the ringer and they are stronger for it. I believe the same could happen for Jill and Ed. I wish them all happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3630460;
    In fact, I would like to list all the things I loved about Ed this season....this list isn't everything but my top faves - feel free to add your own!

If they are not real and are doing all this b/c they are under contract - then I say they deserve an EMMY!! And I still say THANK YOU for a great season - I really enjoyed it and the characters they portryed on my TV were perfect!!!
    FUN!! Okay, here are some of my favorite ED (and Jillian with Ed) moments --

**During their first talk when Ed says he considers himself part of the "Premium Five"
    **When Ed looked down after Jillian said she loved his eyes.
    **The way they measured their hands against each other all the time!
    **The shot of Ed & Jillian in the mansion (shown during their final montage) where she's lying in his arms and he bends down to kiss her head)
    **When Ed shows up for the Vancouver date with his name written in tape on his coat
    **When Ed asks Jillian if there are any hot tubs
    **Ed coming back (the whole scene--she couldn't contain her happiness!)
    **When Ed tells Jillian about all the hot dogs at a Cubs game
    **When Ed talks to his Dad about how he feels for Jillian (and his father's subsequent talk with Jillian!)
    **When Jillian's grandmother goes in for the kiss with Ed
    **Ed & Glen bonding
    **Ed saying he wants Jillian to give him a hard time when they're 80!
    **When Ed clasps his hands and says 'yes' when Jillian asks if he'll accept the final rose.
    **When Jillian says "funnest isn't a word" and Ed says "it is now!"
    **When Ed imitates Jillian swimming like a dolphin

There are tons more but those are my favorites in order of episodes. The bolded one is my favoritist (LOL!)

Closed Thread