Closed Thread

Thread: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3630382;
    I guess that's one way to look at it.

The other way to look at it is that Ed did some really unsavory things to a lot of women and some decent guys who happen to live in Texas heard about it from sources they deemed reliable so they commented about it on twitter in vague yet disapproving messages.

I really don't get this Texas mafia conspiracy theory. It makes no sense. I have said this before but I will say it again because apparently it bears repeating. Reality Steve is a blogger. He writes about this show. Some people like it, some people don't---that's all there is to it. If he didn't have opinions and he didn't have some scoop to comment on then there would be no blog. He is free to comment on whatever he wants.

Wes got a horrible edit. That has nothing to do with Ed. Making Ed look bad doesn't and can't make Wes look better. That was never the goal of any of this. Lots of people knew about Ed and his behavior at home LONG before anyone even realized Wes was going to GET a bad edit. The two problems are completely unrelated.

Jeremy was a contestant on this show. He knows countless people in production and from other seasons. He could have heard info about this season, and about Ed in particular, from many different sources. He chose to believe those sources so he has commented about it in a few tweets. That is what twitter is for---to make comments about things you think. His tweets may sometimes coincide with Reality Steve's, but that is because they are both occasionally tweeting about a show that has been a topic of conversation for the past 10 weeks. That's not a conspiracy it's circumstance. And anyone who thinks that Jeremy has nothing better to do than tweet about this show obviously chooses to ignore the tweets he has made about working until 2am, about attending friends' weddings, about visiting the childrens' oncology ward to cheer up the kids----there's a lot more to Jeremy than a few comments about how a man who appears to be a real jerk to women may be exposed as such in coming weeks.

Once again, IMO, if info comes out about Ed's behavior that makes Ed look bad it is NO ONE'S FAULT BUT ED'S!!

And the Chitown women were already hurt by Ed before all this came out--they are just STILL being hurt by his actions---why is it just Jillian's happiness that everyone cares about? Aren't these other women just as deserving of happiness? If Ed winds up hurting Jillian then her name will just be added to the list of other casualties of Ed's behavior. Again, not the fault of anyone living in Texas.
    Cheeky, with all do respect, I believe you have missed the point.

What the OP is suggesting is that Jeremy would have never put himself in the middle of this Ed matter --- insisting that for which he has no personal knowledge other than unsubstantiated innuendo --- had it not been somehow connected, if only in his mind, to rehabilitating the reputation of his childhood friend, Wes.

Furthermore, given that Jeremy has a clear friendship connection with the gossip blogger, RS --- who, by the way, unlike posters here, has never misrepresented authentication of what he has learned from the GF friends --- nonetheless has made extreme efforts to help Jeremy help Wes.

Very simple deduction and, IMO, most reasonable.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy;3630380;
    No they did not.

Unlike those posting the friend's story here that have claimed to have seen the text messages, Radar Online has kept minimal ethical standards by not misrepresenting authentication.

The publication only told the story as told to them.
    That's tabloid news for you. Lies, innuendos and anything just to sell CD's.. hmmmm space for advertising.

I have read a lot of good points on here...

there are people with axes to grind
    it is possible Ed sent the messages
    it is possible the messages were fabricated

But the truth is...

I DON'T GIVE A RAT'S BEHIND.....

This is between Ed and Jillian now. She knows Ed and his true character - she has seen the info and it is up to her to decide how she feels.

I don't think what happens now is any of our business. Ed and Jillian chose to let us watch up until the finale and then any updates they give in interviews. Anything beyond the IMO is voyeuristic.

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3630407;

But the truth is...

This is between Ed and Jillian now. She knows Ed and his true character - she has seen the info and it is up to her to decide how she feels.

I don't think what happens now is any of our business. Ed and Jillian chose to let us watch up until the finale and then any updates they give in interviews. Anything beyond the IMO is voyeuristic.
    Checkmate ... you are right!

Thanks, Cape!

Quote Originally Posted by Living;3630401;
    This is how rumours and lies start that end up being a fact. Wonder it is someone's intention to start another one on sex tapes. We did not have to get proof for Wes. We saw him speak his intentions on air. The bachelors confirmed what we saw on air during the AFRC. Wes had told some of tb that he had written a song for his girlfriend back home. This is the same song he lied about, claiming he was now writing it for Jillian. Also that he came to promote his music carear. These are facts and the bachelors have proved it. All the stuff about Ed are just innuendo's, rumours and lies.
    I think the video comment was made to state that it seems that no matter WHAT the proof is that comes out it will be refuted by some. It was said as an exaggeration to emphasize how unwilling some are to even consider that proof could actually be proof.

Wes got a horrible edit. Most of the lines he was shown saying on air were edited. Many of the comments men made at the MTA were also edited. TPTB also make sure to get the guys on camera saying bad things about each other===past contestants often talk about how tptb will do that. Wes' behavior, no matter what it was, has and has had nothing to do with Ed's behavior. I don't understand why people keep linking to two.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

But the truth is...

VERY good post! It's OVER. Done with. Case closed, as far as who Jillian selected. She obviousely doesn't have any problem with the rumors, and trusts Ed. More power to them, both. Ed and Jillian - just go and be happy. Only the two of you need only make each other happy, no one else.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

But the truth is...

Well said

I just feel really badly for for Jill

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3630346;
    I know some Ed fans will want to believe that the texts are fake, but do you really believe more than 1 girl would conspire to make up text messages from him? Right, it's because they're all unstable crazies. Uh-huh.

Last year we had the e-mail between Jason & Melissa circulating, which some also insisted on saying was fake. But Melissa confirmed it was real.

I just don't think Ed fans will ever be swayed regardless of what proof is ever presented, which is fine. I'm sure if next their was a sex video of Ed with one of the girls taken while he took his "break" from the show we would then hear that it's possible to super-impose his image on a video

I completely agree!

FORT Regular

But the truth is...

Honestly, I feel that the enthusiasm some are showing for seeing Ed, and by extension Jillian, taken down is very disappointing. I would feel the same way about this being done to anyone, including Wes.

I have come to the conclusion that there are people out there who love nothing more than to stir up gossip and innuendo and be mean and hurtful no matter if they know the people or not..........all of us watched the show and all had an opinion but that is where it ends. It is not your job or mine to crucify a person just because we think we have insider knowledge. Fleiss and company did it's job to stir up controversy as per his script but it our job to stop the bashing and let Ed and Jill get on with their lives and let the chips fall where they may. One thing I would love to know from the ones with the info is what is it benefiting you?
    I can guarantee you one thing what you do unto others will come back to you somewhere along the line that is a proven fact. I am not saying this to call anyone out just have seen it happen many times.

Closed Thread