Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Jake - Bachelorette 5

Jake - Bachelorette 5

Hometown: Denton, TX

Currently Resides in: Lantana, TX
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Re: Jake - Bachelorette 5

Jake is by far my favorite guy this season! He is sweet, humble and definately attractive! If he dosn't win Jillian's heart this season than I sure hope he will be the next bachelor! Their House of Blues date was great. One of the best dates IMO in bachelor/ette history.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

I hesitate to call favorites now, because that's usually the kiss of death for the poor guy, but if I did .... !

and btw, THANK YOU!!! to MsFroggy for posting these for us!
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Newbie

Sorry to bring a negative vibe to this thread, but Jake seems arrogant to me. He is the epitomy of the ultimate player. That kiss was over-the-top. He is too smooth and out to win...or be the next bachelor.

Plus, I didn't like what he said in episode 1 when he told Jillian, "I am the black sheep in my family. Everyone else is doctors." Or something like that. Really??? I found it tasteless. Then he made the remark about "what do you say to an angel" and I wanted to puke.

Sorry ladies!!!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;3469780;

Hometown: Denton, TX

Currently Resides in: Lantana, TX
    I'm not into the whole 'cowboy' schtick, but Jake made me forget that last night. Like Jillian, I had a permagrin on my face, watching their date, but I'm afraid he's going to be *too* nice for her. I wish there was some way we could get him to go shirtless in each episode...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

I dont want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy. - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Jake is my favorite. Not only is he intelligent and good looking, but he seems to be a decent guy. So, why oh why is he still on the market? My grandfather used to say, “If something seems too good to be true, it usually is.” I can’t help but think Jake is too good to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by romanticgirl;3469893;
    Sorry to bring a negative vibe to this thread, but Jake seems arrogant to me. He is the epitomy of the ultimate player. That kiss was over-the-top. He is too smooth and out to win...or be the next bachelor.

Plus, I didn't like what he said in episode 1 when he told Jillian, "I am the black sheep in my family. Everyone else is doctors." Or something like that. Really??? I found it tasteless. Then he made the remark about "what do you say to an angel" and I wanted to puke.

Sorry ladies!!!
    Romantic, I understand where you are coming from. However, he is a true Southern guy. That's a typical comment that would be made by a southern guy who didn't join the family business or follow in the family footsteps professionally. It's self depricating and not meant to be anything else.

He's a typical sweet talker. Yeah, he could come off as smooth, but as a southern girl myself, I can tell you he's not. He's just a typical charming Southern guy.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Rags317;3470004;
    Romantic, I understand where you are coming from. However, he is a true Southern guy. That's a typical comment that would be made by a southern guy who didn't join the family business or follow in the family footsteps professionally. It's self depricating and not meant to be anything else.

He's a typical sweet talker. Yeah, he could come off as smooth, but as a southern girl myself, I can tell you he's not. He's just a typical charming Southern guy.

I'm from NY, so I took it a very different way. I think we tend to be suspicious of sweet talkers. Not meaning to generalize all New Yorkers, but my friends and I all picked up on that comment!

Quote Originally Posted by romanticgirl;3470009;
    I'm from NY, so I took it a very different way. I think we tend to be suspicious of sweet talkers. Not meaning to generalize all New Yorkers, but my friends and I all picked up on that comment!
    I married a native New York City boy myself and lived there for 7 years. Love doth make fools of us all! LOL

He's a wonderful husband and I adore him. He's not a Southern guy, though, and it took him...and his family... a long time to get used to how Southerners talk. We tend to err on the side of being nice. New Yorkers don't. They just don't.

We're back in the South now and I don't miss the brusqueness of NYC. DH has actually said that he prefers the gentility here.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Rags317;3470004;

I completely agree! I'm from Texas and he's a typical Texas kind of guy....I'm pulling for him!!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast