Closed Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Jesse - Bachelorette 5

FORT Regular

Re: Jesse - Bachelorette 5

I don't get Jillian. She keeps the ''bad'' guys and lets go guys that are really interested in her. I couldn't believe she let Jake go, and now Jesse. Wow, she obviously has poor taste in men, although I always felt as though this season TPTB chose far too sophisticated men for her, she always struck me as someone from the rough side of the tracks.
    Anyway, getting back to Mr. Wonderful, everybody who posted up there, I echo all of your sentiments of Jesse. Sweet, caring, genuine, witty and intelligent. He's got my vote for the next Bach, and if not, someone (smarter than Jillian) will grab him up pretty quick, I'm sure. Just his comments and his demeanour around her, what a doll. I especially recall when he commented on her raspy voice, how it was a turn on and he could listen to her talk all day--this guy went into specifics about her, not just ''oh, you're so lovely'' blah, blah, blah, and this indicated to me (and probably 99% of us females out there) that he was sincere. Everything he said and did around Jill pointed to the fact he was really into her.
    And I love his face, he has kind eyes and a really sweet grin, a good, honest face.
    And he's in the family wine business, and successful at it too! My goodness, what else did you need, girl? That kind of job is artistic, and requires a special kind of attention and care, so he must have a really soft, patient nature. And I loved the comment that was posted about someone who makes wine is probably a very good cook also! How very true! Hell, who doesn't love a man who can cook? This guy had the complete package. I can't believe she didn't see that. If she let him go, he is probably not her type of guy IMO. Silly, silly girl, you missed out and he'll make someone else very, very happy someday.
    All this season, they've been carrying on and blasting our ears about all this crap about not being there for the right reasons, but this guy Jesse was. I'm convinced he's looking for someone, he's really, honestly looking to find someone. And now, he's gone. It's almost an insult. All the best of luck to you Jesse, I'll miss you on the show!
    Last edited by jewels2312; 07-04-2009 at 02:02 PM.

FORT Regular

Adding to my last message:
    Someone on this board mentioned that Jesse comes back and proposes to Jilly??? Man, that would be the ultimate bach moment for me if ever that is true. And even if they don't end up ''making it'', as so many others haven't on this show, or just simply end up dating each other, he is still very much worth the try, IMHO. I've never felt so strongly about any bachelor. He had some real potential to make someone happy. There's a quietness and a strongness about him that stood out and that I really admired. So Jill, my canadian counterpart, open up your pretty brown eyes, if it ain't too late already. Jesse is a gem. Here is the time and the chance to see some real romance on this show, for once.

Quote Originally Posted by jewels2312;3542705;
    I don't get Jillian. She keeps the ''bad'' guys and lets go guys that are really interested in her.
    I think the reason she picks the bad guys is because that's who she is attracted to. Guys who don't go ga-ga over her....JMO.

FORT Newbie

Well said Jewels. A "gem." The total package.

FORT Regular

Toadmom, I definitely relate on the "embarrassed" comment. I'm embarrassed to admit to myself the amount of time I spend thinking about this show. I think in part it's my current status of SAHM. I must need more mental stimulation. It's wonderful to have a community of fellow red-faced fans to over-analyze with.

I started to think about Jesse being the one to come back, too, only because I'm frustrated not to have found an interview yet. When the preview aired, I thought it might be the F3, as the F2 would still be reeling from the rejection and not have had time to re-group to that extent, but my little flicker of hope has been re-ignited.

I re-watched the HTD, and I noticed a couple of things that I didn't the first time. I think Jillian was trying to confirm her suspicions about Jesse's readiness for marriage when she pointedly asked bro & bp Jacob if he was dating anyone. His rambling answer and Jesse's comment of only needing "a great landscapr & fresh air" made Jillian realize that the business was the prioity in Jesse's life and there may not be room for a wife & family right now. Jesse himself commented that he had dropped his long-term gf because he was starting the business. It sounds to me like an ultimatum may have come his way. My Jesse love has not faded, but Jesse did contradict himself when he told Jillian he ended the relationship because she didn't have some of the attributes he wanted in a partner. Hmmm.

He also discussed Jillian's "five year plan" with Jacob. Five? I think she said three. My sense is that despite being powerfully attracted to Jesse, Jillian sensed all this. Then the wrench of Ed's return...

Considering the timing of the ending of his relationship, at virtually the same time that he or someone applied to be on the show (contestants have said it's usually a 6 month process), I think Jesse was motivated by a chance to clear his mind and promote his business. I think he was surprised to find himself liking Jillian as much as he did, by ep. 4 was smitten, and really went full throttle when she said that she'd be willing to move.

I also got the impression that the surprise proposal gives Jillian pause, but is ultimately rejected. As much as I'd love to see Jesse state his case, I'd only want the result to be a happy one.

I'm glad this thread is still alive.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by howrealisit;3543534;
    ...My Jesse love has not faded, but Jesse did contradict himself when he told Jillian he ended the relationship because she didn't have some of the attributes he wanted in a partner. Hmmm...
    Hi howrealisit,

Maybe if Jesse's gf had the attributes that were so important to him, he wouldn't have ended the relationship. Granted, it's hard to start a business and nurture a relationship, but if one is really in love, then usually they at least try to make it work. Also, I don't know how long ago that was, but Jesse is only 27 now, so he was younger. Maybe he is more ready to settle down now, as a matter of fact, I think he said that to Jillian during that very discussion.

md

Totally agree MD

FORT Newbie

"Jesse's comment of only needing "a great landscapr & fresh air" made Jillian realize that the business was the prioity in Jesse's life and there may not be room for a wife & family right now. "

I thought what he was saying was in defense of Jillian (about girl's being expensive) that all SHE needed was a great landscape and fresh air. It struck me as a typical sweet, good natured thing that he would say.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by catskill;3544072;
    "Jesse's comment of only needing "a great landscapr & fresh air" made Jillian realize that the business was the prioity in Jesse's life and there may not be room for a wife & family right now. "

I thought what he was saying was in defense of Jillian (about girl's being expensive) that all SHE needed was a great landscape and fresh air. It struck me as a typical sweet, good natured thing that he would say.
    Actually, you know what I thought? I thought he was referencing their awesome date on top of the glacier. All they had really was fresh air and an amazing landscape and they had the best time together.

I still think that was the best date that Jillian's had so far. Every other date she's been on had "something" going on, whether it be dancing, or snowboarding, or zip lining, etc. Jesse's was the only date where there was literally nothing. It was just them and the snow. Yet they had an awesome time together.

That's one of the things I liked so much about Jesse. (In a long list....)

FORT Newbie

Totally agree.

Closed Thread