Closed Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Jesse - Bachelorette 5

Re: Jesse - Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by .mel..;3494784;
    As it stands Jesse is my pick for Jillian, even with the little airtime. They seem comfortable enough together and they had good first lip lock. Definitely looking forward to their one-on-one and getting more of a compatibility insight.

That aspiring Canadian t-shirt also kinda stuck with me.
    He seems like such a great guy - not a big mouth or loud personality, but very cool. I thought their date seemed to go very well, and they seemed to have good chemistry. I want him to last, and I want to see more of him! He wasn't on my radar at first, but he's definitely grown on me. If she doesn't want him, I'll take him!!

FORT Regular

I just watched ep. 7, 24 hours late. I was foolish enough to think that Fleiss might have actually put effort into trying to outwit the sleuthers and really hidden our "invisible man", who I rallied behind after the glacier date. I really thought I saw a passionate but sweet connection that I didn't see with anyone else. Sucks for me. I hope his wine sales are up.

At least I'm starting to think that Ed really does have feelings for Jillian. Cold comfort right now.

I agree with howrealisit... Monday's episode was so depressing for me, I almost cried when Jesse left b/c I could tell how much he cared for her... they looked like they had such a great connection on the glacier date... I really gotta stop watching this show, I'm always wrong!

Okay, lurker here no sluething on my part don't have the patience for it. I just want to say that it seems unusual that we haven't heard/seen anything of Jesse, is it that he's just so classy that he won't get into any "dishing" or so hurt that he just doesn't want to talk about it now. I think Jesse is a class act, a great catch and Jilly missed to boat when she didn't give herself more time to know him better. Like so few of you I thought there was a connection there. He had a great family (ok brother Jacob a bit different), good family business, so many things going for him. He doesn't have the "six-pack" like some of the guys who work out all the time but the body of a man who works hard physically in his business. He was a little slow showing his personality but proved he could be a lot of fun (the glacier) just doing normal, silly things, I could picture him playing in the snow with his kids. On his hometown date I could picture him teaching his kids the wine business, I think he would be a great dad and will make some lucky gal a great husband, friend and parter exactly what I thought Jilly was looking for. I miss him!

FORT Regular

One thing that I don't think helped Jesse's cause was his brother & business partner's statement that he wasn't pursuing a love life because"women are too expensive" and he was putting everything into his "new" business. Well, it might cross my mind that if Jacob felt that he couldn't (or shouldn't) afford to take someone to dinner, how was Jesse planning to marry and become a dad within three years? I definitely believe that Jacob isn't into dating right now; his grooming affirms that statement.

There was so much that I liked about Jesse. The "aspiring Canadian" t-shirt. His decisiveness in casting his vote for The Man To Go (he was "the quick shooter", I believe)- compare that to Reid's hemming & hawing. Just put a name down, dude. Nobody's going to know what you did. His determination to win the curling match to spend more time with Jillian. I think he was also the basketball player with the long shot. Sigh. A great athlete. An appreciation of music. A great, fun guy.

I also think his location/profession did him in. Jillian said she's move "for a few years". She probably thinks she could convince Ed or Reid to move to Canada if they married/had a family. Jesse really can't go anywhere.

I guess if I got over the pre-Bach Jason being trounced by Deanna, I'll get over this. I'm still bumming though.

Loved Jesse - he was the most handsome of her bachelors and a real gentleman. Quiet observer of behavior but knew how to up his game. He'll find a special person who appreciate him, just the way he is. Can't wait to try some Kovac wine!

Quote Originally Posted by howrealisit;3538735;
    One thing that I don't think helped Jesse's cause was his brother & business partner's statement that he wasn't pursuing a love life because"women are too expensive" and he was putting everything into his "new" business. Well, it might cross my mind that if Jacob felt that he couldn't (or shouldn't) afford to take someone to dinner, how was Jesse planning to marry and become a dad within three years? I definitely believe that Jacob isn't into dating right now; his grooming affirms that statement.

There was so much that I liked about Jesse. The "aspiring Canadian" t-shirt. His decisiveness in casting his vote for The Man To Go (he was "the quick shooter", I believe)- compare that to Reid's hemming & hawing. Just put a name down, dude. Nobody's going to know what you did. His determination to win the curling match to spend more time with Jillian. I think he was also the basketball player with the long shot. Sigh. A great athlete. An appreciation of music. A great, fun guy.

I also think his location/profession did him in. Jillian said she's move "for a few years". She probably thinks she could convince Ed or Reid to move to Canada if they married/had a family. Jesse really can't go anywhere.

I guess if I got over the pre-Bach Jason being trounced by Deanna, I'll get over this. I'm still bumming though.

Yea I'm bumming too about Jesse. To me he was the more down to earth Kiptyn. To me it is ironic, that Jillian seems to keep letting go the guys that really seem into her. I rewatched Michael and Jesse's HTD dates and departures, and even though they were both young guys, I think their hearts were in the right places. A lot of the remaining guys seems to have murky intentions and vague feelings for Jillian. Ed to me is just an average guy. Like I can see Ed and Jillian meeting at a party and they would gravitate to each other, with Ed being Jillian's physical type (the big guy) But she keeps thinking she can't fit into Kiptyn's life. Well what about Ed's life, like a guy who works for tech in Ohio and favorite thing to do in the world is to hang in a bar with the guys.

Jillian seemed more sophisticated for that. I mean this is the same CONFIDENT girl that Jason thought could have the world by the tail. And now she thinks she is a hick compared to Kiptyn? I mean Kiptyn lives and works in the same town he grew up in. I think that doesn't make him necessarily so sophisticated. I think Jillian is forgetting how much she's accomplished in her life. I think Jesse and Jillian would have made a really good fit. They could have opened a beautiful restaurant together to display his wines. I guess since he's kind of commited to the winery in California that was his down fall. But who knows he might have been still in the game if it wasn't for Ed.

Now that Jesse is gone, I guess I'm pulling for Reid but he is a bit neurotic and I'm not sure ready to commit. Ed and Wes...to me the magic eight ball...says FUTURE LOOKS MURKY. Kiptyn will be the next Bachelor....boy a whole season of his Mom...I don't know. That is like having Dr. Laura be your Mother in law.
    Last edited by lanikai; 07-01-2009 at 10:45 PM.

FORT Newbie

From day one Jesse was my one and only choice, so I'm extremely disappointed he's gone and that I can't continue to see him. However, I feel he could do so much better than Jillian, so I'm really glad for him, that he's free of her.

I like Jesse because he has an excellent sense of humor, is intelligent, confident, observant, assertive, driven, accomplished, athletic, sensible, level-headed, and cool-calm-collected. Also, he's attractive, but in addition to that, he has a certain kind of power. Not a power that you can see, but a power that you can feel. I sensed it right away, and I'm sure I'm right about that. Even Mark said that he was the guy the girls cheated on their boyfriends with.

Some of Jesse's behaviors that caused me to feel the way I do are:

He made a very funny remark when Brian Duke jumped in the pool naked. He said it was like a terrible accident that you didn't want to see, but you couldn't take your eyes off of it.

While everyone else bitched about having to win the curling game to have a date with Jillian, he just quietly won the game.

When he had the one-on-one date with Jillian, he had the sense to ask her where she wanted to live. That was important, a deal breaker actually, and I couldn't understand why no one else asked her that. Maybe I just missed it.

And on that same date, he complimented her drive, humor, accomplishments, zest for life, and attractiveness. Not bad!

He was also able to let loose, and just enjoy the date. He enjoyed the scenery, enjoyed PLAYING in the snow, and enjoyed being with Jillian. He said that it was the best date he ever had and that he would remember it forever. That was so nice, he doesn't take life for granted, like so many people do.

Then, he went and let her know that he wanted her to meet his family and take her on a home town date. He didn't just wait for things to happen, he tried to make them happen.

And he did the same thing on the hometown date, he asked her if she had any objections to him. Very smart indeed, it's what one is taught to do when trying to attain a goal, find out what the obsticles are, so that they can be removed. Very estute.

At the last rose ceremony, he kept his composure. He didn't cry or whine or bitch. And I liked the fact that he hugged Jillian goodbye, but didn't say a word to her. Didn't try to ask her why she let him go, or wish her good luck, just closed the chapter. Right on Jesse.

All in all I am very impressed by him, and if I didn't have a few years on him, I'd be high-tailing it to Roseville!

I'm sure he'll find the love of his life, but before he does, I hope he becomes the next bachelor so that I get a chance to see him for a few more months.

I'm glad I'm not alone on Jesse! So many things I liked about him and their relationship. Classy is the perfect way to describe him, and that's hard to do on reality tv when they're constantly trying to create drama.... unfortunately for us I also think he's probably too classy to be the next Bachelor, even if they asked him. Either way I hope he finds someone, b/c he's certainly seems like a wonderful person who deserves it

Here, Here (need a glass of Kovacs wine) to all the above statements, I will really miss Jesse's classy charm, whitty sense of humor, quiet steady demeanor & nice bod. Jessed is truly a class act, Jilly missed the boat.

Closed Thread