Closed Thread
Page 73 of 76 FirstFirst ... 236364656667686970717273747576 LastLast

Thread: Kiptyn - Bachelorette 5

Re: Kiptyn - Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by atlMD;3664950;
    This is not a compitition between Reid and Kip nor trying to see who has the most followers on twitter. They are both great guys in their own ways but the fact still remains that Reid is much more popular with the general ette viewer than Kip. Itís just what it and itís mainly because of the way he was edited during the show. Kip came across as boring during the show but having read this last interview, he clearly is not only a great guy, he can actually carry out an intelligent well thought out conversation but people couldnít tell that if all they saw and know of him was how he was portrayed during the show. Remember, he was the fan favorite even before the show started airing and he quickly got relegated to the background. So these people will edit the heck out of even the best guy. And it didnít help either that Jillian refused to have any type of intelligent serious conversation with him Ė the guy couldnít start having a conversation with himself thatís for sure.

This Kip that we are getting to know can definitely hold a show, but the one on the bachelorette not so much..
    I'm sorry if you misunderstood what I was saying. I did not say it was a competition. I was just making the point that Kip's popularity is growing with all of the stuff he is doing after the show. He has put his current fame to good use. I hope he continues to do so and stays far far away from the mess this show has become.

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

I've always thought that Kiptym seemed like a really nice guy, although I never went beserk over him, but thought him to sound a little boring. He never seemed to be totally head over heels in love with Jillian, but it could be just how he came across in his PIs. I believe he has always represented himself very well and am impressed that he has never talked bad about someone.

So, I was of the opinion that he would be boring at the Bachelor, but reading the Glamour article made me think maybe he wouldn't be so bad after all...I really liked his answers. BUT, then after thinking about it some more, I'm not thinking it is not WHAT he says is boring, just HOW he says it. So, now I am still wondering if he would be boring or not.

Don't take offense Kip-lovers, I still think he is a great guy...I don't think anyone can dispute that!
    Last edited by ryanfan4vr; 08-17-2009 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanfan4vr;3664997;
    So, I was of the opinion that he would be boring at the Bachelor, but reading the Glamour article made me think maybe he wouldn't be so bad after all...I really liked his answers. BUT, then after thinking about it some more, I'm not thinking it is WHAT he says is boring, just HOW he says it. So, now I am still wondering if he would be boring or not.
    I too thought his edited-for-tv self was boring. I think Fleiss filed him down so that there were no edges and so that he could be brought in next season with a lot of blanks left to be filled in, so to speak. I also think he's probably too mature and/or careful to give Fleiss the footage he can use multiple ways--and I say good for him! Nothing he's said or done has damaged his reputation or career in any way--just enhanced it--but a whole season of the show is another matter entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3663568;
    Also...Checkout Kiptyn Gets Auctioned Off at the place with videos. It's really cute!

BTW..I saw CH this weekend! I was picking up my husband at the RDU airport and CH and his wife were getting picked up. It was the kiss and go lane so I had no chance to ask any TB questions. My hubby had no clue that he'd been sitting beside them while waiting for pick up! CH even gave Raleigh a Twitter shoutout that he loves this town. Too bizarre!
    Where is the bolded part above located. I went to the Event Master Photography and didn't see the link.

Thank you in advance.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by chaslom4;3664994;
    I'm sorry if you misunderstood what I was saying. I did not say it was a competition. I was just making the point that Kip's popularity is growing with all of the stuff he is doing after the show. He has put his current fame to good use. I hope he continues to do so and stays far far away from the mess this show has become.

Oh no, I just didn't want to come across as someone who didn't like Kip. I liked the fact that we are getting to know Kip even better now. At least we know the guy is much more than face and six/eight packs abs. All is well my friend

Quote Originally Posted by atlMD;3665033;
    Oh no, I just didn't want to come across as someone who didn't like Kip. I liked the fact that we are getting to know Kip even better now. At least we know the guy is much more than face and six/eight packs abs. All is well my friend
    No problem. I'm just glad that people are finally seeing what a lot of the Kip fans have seen all season. Some will never see it, and that's ok to.

Quote Originally Posted by chaslom4;3665043;
    No problem. I'm just glad that people are finally seeing what a lot of the Kip fans have seen all season. Some will never see it, and that's ok to.
    I can't imagine anyone not seeing Kip as an amazing catch. Gorgeous, smart and giving...still not sure what Jillian was thinking by letting him and Reid go.
    "Wicked HOT" = Chris L.

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3664976;
    You know they are going back to roots. The demos for the show are growing in young adults and even men! There would definitely be many sharks in the water if Kip decided to swim with him.

The answer to the ending would be what kind of judgement he would use in chosing his final one, and what the machine could do with the after show scandal that seems to be the lifeblood of the current incarnation of the show.

Name one recent season without an aftershow scandal. Some people feel TPTB are trying to protect the franchise from tabloid trash, and I say they are fueling them.
    just wanted to say that I completely agree with your post, Fleiss thrives off this stuff and I don't think a nice guy being cast as the star will stop him. Jill's a nice girl, who apparently is "friends" with Chris, that didn't stop them from totally screwing her over

Quote Originally Posted by TessaFan;3665023;
    Where is the bolded part above located. I went to the Event Master Photography and didn't see the link.

Thank you in advance.
    It's on youtube. You can either do the key words search, or you can search "Kiptyn" then sort by "Newest". The auction clip should be on top (unless someone has added another Kip tape since this morning, LOL).
    <---------- I post so I can see more of him

Quote Originally Posted by ryanfan4vr;3664997;
    I've always thought that Kiptym seemed like a really nice guy, although I never went beserk over him, but thought him to sound a little boring. He never seemed to be totally head over heels in love with Jillian, but it could be just how he came across in his PIs. I believe he has always represented himself very well and am impressed that he has never talked bad about someone.

So, I was of the opinion that he would be boring at the Bachelor, but reading the Glamour article made me think maybe he wouldn't be so bad after all...I really liked his answers. BUT, then after thinking about it some more, I'm not thinking it is not WHAT he says is boring, just HOW he says it. So, now I am still wondering if he would be boring or not.

Don't take offense Kip-lovers, I still think he is a great guy...I don't think anyone can dispute that!
    No offense taken.
    I think Kip was very careful/cautious about what he had to say on the show, so we didn't see many of his PIs, either he didn't talk much about others, or it wasn't interesting enough for TPTB.
    Many of us think his humor is more low-key and laid-back, so I can totally understand not everyone appreciates it.
    His post-show interviews/tweets really have won many people over, haven't they?
    Even when he's helped raising so much money for cystic fibrosis foundation, he's all gracious "Thank you for having me" "It was my pleasure", etc. When people asked him about the amount of money, he's replied "I better be a good date" - you think the winners will think otherwise? LOL
    <---------- I post so I can see more of him

Closed Thread