Closed Thread
Page 72 of 76 FirstFirst ... 22626364656667686970717273747576 LastLast

Thread: Kiptyn - Bachelorette 5

FORT Newbie

Re: Kiptyn - Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3664761;
    Kiptyn has definitely proven himself to be mature and intelligent. The hesitation on behalf of the show runners may very well be the absence of material to use in order to turn him into a trainwreck. Not sure if the "nice guy" seasons draw in the viewers like the high drama episodes do. I guess they'd have to cast some doozies in bachelorette ranks to provide the fireworks.

As far as likability, and maturity, and sexiness Kiptyn all the way, and I have to be honest he didn't interest me at all during Jill's season.
    I agree with the bolded. I think that some people found Kiptyn boring because he was really careful as to not say or do anything that could be used out of context (as did my other favourite bachelor: Jeremy from DeAnnaís season; again, people found him boring). The producers know that they are going to have a real hard time creating some drama if they choose Kip.

FORT Fanatic

I agree that Kiptyn could be a very real person and could carry the show. I also thought that Brad Womack was a
    very real person and looked what happened to him because he wanted to be honest and not string a girl along for the sake of the producers. I wouldn't want Kiptyn to have to endure the same ridicule that Brad went through. And I
    believe that Kiptyn would act out of honesty and only choose someone if he felt like he really had the feelings that he
    needed to proceed with a relationship.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

He reads! And he knows the man code and explained Dave's version of it. He doesn't care for "chick" flicks but will watch one with a woman who does. It looks like in the bunk house he was doing what some do on here - matchmaking in his mind for his female friends and the guys on the show. Now, that would be interesting to see if he has effected any introductions...Kiptyn the Matchmaker - HA!

He now has defined his type to be someone with Jillian's qualities. IF he winds up doing The Bachelor, I really hope they find a few women of the spunky variety. But, then, I hope he doesn't do the show.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I really liked Kiptyn, and hope he doesn't do the Bachelor show. He's too sweet a guy to get messed up in this show, and they all do in one form or another. Let him find a lucky lady out in the real world or locally. I'm sure he'd have absolutely NO problem doing so!
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

FORT Fanatic

Thanks for posting the interview with Kip. Awesome guy. Sounds like he really doesn't think he will be the next bachelor. I agree that he wouldn't bring enough drama. Can you imagine the nutty girls they would need to cast for dramatic purposes? I'd hate to see Kip surrounded by that. That's how I saw Jason's season. The girls brought the drama. As far as being able to carry the show himself, he would certainly do better than Jason who really came across as someone who couldn't carry on a decent conversation. He always seemed to let the girls do all the talking. Personally, I'm ready to see a more drama free season of the show. Kip would bring a real and sincere mood to the show. TPTB won't want that. If they want to go in a different direction, that's the direction I'd like to see it go but if anything they will go for more nuttiness not less. IMO Kip would be one of the best catches they've cast as a bachelor.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by chaslom4;3664743;
    I'm sorry, but I have to respectfully disagree with this. We probably would have seen more discussions from Kip if Jillian would have actually been interested in what he had to say, instead of just wanting to make out with him. Now if you follow Kip outside of the show, like all of here on the KIP thread, you would see and hear a very personable, articulate, intelligent man. He is using his fame at the moment and putting it towards some very good causes. I for one, really hope he stays away from doing the bach. and continues to do exactly what he is doing right now.

I noticed that Kip now has as many followers on Twitter as Reid. His popularity is right there with Reid and growing!
    This is not a compitition between Reid and Kip nor trying to see who has the most followers on twitter. They are both great guys in their own ways but the fact still remains that Reid is much more popular with the general ette viewer than Kip. Itís just what it and itís mainly because of the way he was edited during the show. Kip came across as boring during the show but having read this last interview, he clearly is not only a great guy, he can actually carry out an intelligent well thought out conversation but people couldnít tell that if all they saw and know of him was how he was portrayed during the show. Remember, he was the fan favorite even before the show started airing and he quickly got relegated to the background. So these people will edit the heck out of even the best guy. And it didnít help either that Jillian refused to have any type of intelligent serious conversation with him Ė the guy couldnít start having a conversation with himself thatís for sure.

This Kip that we are getting to know can definitely hold a show, but the one on the bachelorette not so much..

I've contended for a long time that Kiptyn got the tabula rasa edit in the chance that Fleiss wanted to cast him later. I wonder, though, how Kip would handle all of the Fleissian-manufactured drama in a season of his own. I hope he'll stay above the fray and not sign on the dotted line to a less-than-perfect season because every Fleiss season is such, and each keeps getting more and more shark-infested than its predecessor. Unless Fleiss and co. plan to go back to the show's "roots," then I hope Kip won't agree to being on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by bamabrain;3664966;
    I've contended for a long time that Kiptyn got the tabula rasa edit in the chance that Fleiss wanted to cast him later. I wonder, though, how Kip would handle all of the Fleissian-manufactured drama in a season of his own. I hope he'll stay above the fray and not sign on the dotted line to a less-than-perfect season because every Fleiss season is such, and each keeps getting more and more shark-infested than its predecessor. Unless Fleiss and co. plan to go back to the show's "roots," then I hope Kip won't agree to being on the show.
    You know they are going back to roots. The demos for the show are growing in young adults and even men! There would definitely be many sharks in the water if Kip decided to swim with him.

The answer to the ending would be what kind of judgement he would use in chosing his final one, and what the machine could do with the after show scandal that seems to be the lifeblood of the current incarnation of the show.

Name one recent season without an aftershow scandal. Some people feel TPTB are trying to protect the franchise from tabloid trash, and I say they are fueling them.

Quote Originally Posted by bamabrain;3664966;
    I agree. I get the sense that Kip won't bend to their will to the degree that they want as evidenced by his refusal to take part in the Jillian/Ed US story as the other guys did as well as his statements re: editing and how it works. I'd love to see him on something on Versus or ESPN - they both have some fun outdoor adventure shows and segments.

As far as the popularity statements up thread..checkout the mainstream sites that get much more web traffic than ABC.com - Kip was the fans choice on People, TV Guide, and well as Google trends and Twitter during the final episode. So, if he doesn't get the Bachelor gig, it's not because he isn't popular, it's more because he isn't willing to be their drama patsy and they know this by now.

now I'm smilingmomof4!!!! smilingmomof3's Avatar

Great new article about Kip! I don't think his saying he's okay with Ed and Jillian means his feelings were any less. I think it's more like "If you don't see me as your dream guy, so be it -- go with who you feel the most for-- love has to be a two way street and if there is ANY MAN out there you would want more, than you shouldn't marry me" (my interpretation). It's good logic, too, considering marriage is a winding road with a few twists, turns and bumps. I have friends who have married less than their ideal and it's not a good thing if you are an idealist at heart (not everybody is, but that's another discussion). I think both people should absolutely try to get as close to their perfect ideal person as possible (understanding, of course, the imperfections in us all). If Jill truly wanted a bad boy, well, Kip's not a bad boy, end of story.

I got the idea from that interview, that, in his heart, he feels he was the best long term match for her, but she didn't see it so -- what can you do? It seems like Reid felt the same way re his connection w/ Jill -- (I know women are often better judges of other women, same probably holds true for men in gauging other guys).

I just hope Kip or Reid is not the next Bachelor because then I have this moral dilemmia about watching a show that hurts people but that I love to analyze. . . guess I have a few weeks to figure it out.
    ***"It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages" - Nietzsche *** "A woman who strives to be equal to a man is lacking in ambition"***

Closed Thread