Closed Thread
Page 67 of 76 FirstFirst ... 175758596061626364656667686970717273747576 LastLast

Thread: Kiptyn - Bachelorette 5

Re: Kiptyn - Bachelorette 5

There's a new article in the local newspaper, North County Times, with a new picture. Can someone bring it over or post the link? I don't know how. TIA.
    <---------- I post so I can see more of him

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3662544;
    Sounds like Kip was popular - so he offered two dates - went for $4200 each!

So, he raised $8400 for the charity - how cool!
    WOW!! I'm impressed. I thought a date with him would bring about $500, tops. Not that I don't think he's worth $4200 each, but I just didn't know this charity would bring out people with that kind of money. If I lived closer, was not married and 25 years younger, I would have gone and given $10,000 for a night out on the town with him. Just kidding, because I'm not the person who would ever go to an auction and bid on some guy.

I think it's a fine thing that Kip did and for a good cause. Congrats to the two gals.

ENCINITAS: Life after the final rose for surfer, philanthropist
    From North County Times

Real life has dramatically changed for Encinitas resident Kiptyn Locke since participating in this summer's hit reality show "The Bachelorette."

No longer able to anonymously go out to breakfast, fill up for gas or run errands, complete strangers have been known to stop him on the street.

Just this week while he was sitting outside at the Pannikin coffee shop in Leucadia, Locke said, a Las Vegas woman driving by at 40 mph recognized him, waved, and did a U-turn on the Coast Highway before coming up to talk to him about the popular series.

"That was kind of funny, but so far there has been nothing negative," Locke said of his newfound celebrity.

One of 31 eligible bachelors chosen to compete for the heart of Canadian Jillian Harris on the fifth season of ABC's "The Bachelorette," Locke made it to the last two contestants before finally losing out to Ed Swiderski, a technology consultant from Chicago.

More than 12 million viewers tuned into the series' final rose ceremony, which aired July 27.

"I really did have the hope of meeting someone that I could be with and maybe even marry. It wasn't a career move," Locke said Thursday, adding that right until the final rose he had hoped he and Jillian would end up together.

Called Kiptyn on the show but better known as "Kip" to friends and family, Locke, 31, is an avid surfer, event planner and business developer. He has lived in Encinitas since he was 5 years old, graduating from San Dieguito High School and later UC Santa Barbara.

Though the show's two-month filming process was sometimes stressful and often exhausting, Locke said, he doesn't regret signing up. And it has opened some doors.

Recently, he said, several companies have approached him to represent their products. But more importantly, he said, he has been able to bring awareness to charities that are close to his heart.

Thursday night, a date with Locke was auctioned off at the annual San Diego Cystic Fibrosis Foundation fundraiser. He also directs the annual Switchfoot Bro-Am at Moonlight Beach in Encinitas, and Oct. 4 he will participate in the sixth annual Life Rolls on Foundation gala in Los Angeles benefiting those suffering from spinal-cord injuries. Locke also works closely with his mother Eve Beutler, who founded Cancer Angels of San Diego, a local nonprofit that helps people with cancer struggling to stay in their homes.

"He is incredibly passionate about giving back," said Mia Stefanko, who directs the Switchfoot Bro-Am with Locke and is a long-time friend. "I think he is really going to use his fame ---- to ride that wave ---- and help others as much as he can."

Now rumors are flying that Locke may be chosen as the next leading man for "The Bachelor," the hit series that led to "The Bachelorette." That show is set to air sometime in January.

But on this subject, Locke's lips are sealed.

"I'm not sure I'm the right person, but sure, I'd certainly consider the opportunity," he said.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by SDMOM;3662589;
    There's a new article in the local newspaper, North County Times, with a new picture. Can someone bring it over or post the link? I don't know how. TIA.
    SDMOM, I just logged in to bring it over and saw your post. Nice article and cute picture. At the end of the article, he states that he is not sure he is the right person for TB but would consider it.

ENCINITAS: Life after the final rose for surfer, philanthropist

Thanks SCC!!
    I know where Pannikin coffee house is , I've been out to pump gas and get groceries....How come I've never run into him?
    Note to self: need to get out more, and make sure self is presentable at all times, just in case...
    Anyway, can Kip get any better? Even his comment about the fans is so positive.
    <---------- I post so I can see more of him

Wow! I am very impressed but not suprised! I would love to see a pic of Kip with the winners.

FORT Fanatic

Stanley, where did you hear about the results of the auction? That's great that he earned that much!

Quote Originally Posted by SDMOM;3662633;
    Thanks SCC!!
    I know where Pannikin coffee house is , I've been out to pump gas and get groceries....How come I've never run into him?
    Note to self: need to get out more, and make sure self is presentable at all times, just in case...
    Anyway, can Kip get any better? Even his comment about the fans is so positive.
    The lady making the Uey was funny. I'm sure your Kip meeting will happen someday!

Quote Originally Posted by dixiechick80;3662638;
    Stanley, where did you hear about the results of the auction? That's great that he earned that much!
    His friend, Josh, from Life Rolls On Tweeted About It:

Date with @kiptyn is at $3000... $3100... $3300.. $3500... $4000..$4200... Wait, he offered himself twice! $8400 raised for charity!
    19 minutes ago from TwitterBerry Reply View Tweet

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3662653;
    His friend, Josh, from Life Rolls On Tweeted About It:
    That's very cool. Thanks.

Closed Thread