Closed Thread
Page 54 of 76 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: Kiptyn - Bachelorette 5

Re: Kiptyn - Bachelorette 5

Kip's on the radio this morning in S.D. - Good Morning, San Diego!

He's going to be talking about the auction!

Per Twitter:

KiptynIn studio radio at 8am with the Jeff and Jer show on Star 94.1. Good morning San Diego. Always nice waking up with you.
    OMG -they're going to do a chemistry experiment with him and one of their DJs - she has roses to give out, etc. Should be fun
    Last edited by StanleyCupCanes; 08-10-2009 at 10:55 AM.

Fabulous interview with Kip - very funny, loose and kidding around:

Key Highlights:
    -Tabloids calling about Jillian and Ed. He's been avoiding it. Says he doesn't know the truth about the scandal and that he only knew them from on the show. Doesn't know about their life before.
    -Asked if Jillian pulled a Jason would he take her back? He would not go there said that the media should let Jillian and Ed be - Jillian and Ed and not interfere.
    -Loved production, the crew, sound and camera folks on the show - said they all treated him very well and were great people. Said hanging with the guys was fun and a flashback to his college days
    -The host offered him a rose at the end and he graciously accepted..he was very sweet to her
    - He was really funny about the cameras - said it depended on how much you had to drink as to whether they bothered you..found it nervewracking the first two weeks and shocking..calmed down after that
    -Said he thinks half of the gals that have dated him did so because of his mom - they love her and he and his parents are often on the same guest list for parties and such
    -It's his grandad, Burt, who's 88 and recovering from a health care that he mentioned on Twitter - he's in awe of him
    -He said the charity date was originally just coffee..now it's dinner, too, due to a restaurant donation..he joked that a hotel would be added soon! (he was just teasing)
    -Doesn't seem to know much at all about The Bachelor..knows they've been talking with Jake and Reid..knows his name is being mentioned but has a lot of questions but thinks it could be a cool opportunity for whomever they select
    -Says again that he really fell in love - that it took him until to the very end to realize it and get there but it was very real for him - said prior to going on the show he didn't think it was possble but that his feelings for her were real

Good thing I didn't sleep in this morning. Haven't listened to Jeff & Jer for years!
    Anyway, back to the interview:
    It was short, about 10 minutes:
    Highlights:
    Asked about Wes: he was a good guy, he was a friend.
    Ed & Jillian: Kip has been asked by media, but he doesn't know the truth, he liked them both.
    Why if Jillian "pull a Jason"? Don't want to speculate, let Ed & Jillian be Ed & Jillian.
    (My thought: Kip is over all this. I don't think he wants to get Jillian back, imo, of course)
    Next Bachelor? "I don't know". It's a good opportunity, but he has questions to ask. He knows the producers are talking with Jake, Reid as well.
    When he was first asked to be on the Bachelorette, he said "no, thanks". Then they called back when Jillian was announced, he decided to go on the show. He had no expectation going into the show, but he did fall in love with Jillian.
    It was a fun, unique experience living in the house with all the guys.
    His mom was really fun, really outgoing.
    His twitter was about his grandfather - ha, I was right
    They talked about StandUp for Kids and the cystic fibrosis auction again.

If anyone else listened, please feel free to add more!!

ETA: SCC, you beat me to it!! We are a great tandem team!!
    <---------- I post so I can see more of him

I was able to listen online and SCC you hit the high points. It was a good and fun interview with some new information about his experience on the show. I'm glad his grandfather is doing all right after the surgery scare on Saturday, and that Kiptyn was able to be with him. Kiptyn also attended the Del Mar races this past weekend and stayed for the show afterward.

I really, really hope the bids for his date get outrageous and the charity makes a ton of money.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Over in The Bachelor forum, I posted a blog posting of a guy that went to tryouts last week in Columbus, OH. The blog post is insightful as to the many motivations of people who try out for the show. Anyway, this stood out to me from Club Trillion:

Anyway, I confidently walked up to the guy running the check in counter and told him that I was there for The Bachelor casting call. That’s when he dropped the hammer.

The guy behind the counter told me that ABC was only looking for girls to be contestants on The Bachelor because they had already found a guy to be the actual bachelor.
    Yet, CH is quoted yesterday - saying the search is still on ?!?

Wow...conflicting messages all around. Kiptyn sounded as though the post was still open, but maybe it isn't or maybe the sign-in guy was brushing off this wannabe. Still OFFICIALLY up in the air.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3652987;
    Over in The Bachelor forum, I posted a blog posting of a guy that went to tryouts last week in Columbus, OH. The blog post is insightful as to the many motivations of people who try out for the show. Anyway, this stood out to me from Club Trillion:

Yet, CH is quoted yesterday - saying the search is still on ?!?
    maybe they've narrowed it down to a few guys so they don't need any more candidates. They're just not sure which one it will be yet. ie they've offered it to Reid, but if he declines they know they've got either Jake or a new guy as backup. Can't believe they're even considering Jake - at least I'll get my life back cause I won't watch a second of that fake season if it's Fake Jake!~

I'm way past believing anything that CH has to say about anything. He says what he's told to say. I guess my theory is that even IF they had the contract signed there is still PLENTY of attention with the ED scandal, so may they will ride that notoriety for a time before the announcement. It's all about the publicity bump and making that most of the timing I would think. I want to forget about the BACH, but before I can do that I have to know if Reid or Kip will be the BACH, or someone else (in which case I would NOT watch). Once I find out that I can stop wasting my time hovering on the FORT.

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;3653027;
    I'm way past believing anything that CH has to say about anything. He says what he's told to say. I guess my theory is that even IF they had the contract signed there is still PLENTY of attention with the ED scandal, so may they will ride that notoriety for a time before the announcement. It's all about the publicity bump and making that most of the timing I would think. I want to forget about the BACH, but before I can do that I have to know if Reid or Kip will be the BACH, or someone else (in which case I would NOT watch). Once I find out that I can stop wasting my time hovering on the FORT.
    maybe they're waiting for Edgate to hit the real boiling point, bring back all parties for AFTR part 2, perhaps Lyndsey or Bethany will be there, Jerry Springer style, then Jill will either decide to break up with Ed, or keep him, and then ANNOUNCING OUR NEXT BACHELOR!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;3653027;

I will only watch if Kiptyn is TB.

I will continue to come to this thread as long as it is open for my Kiptyn fix.

Thank you all for all the Kiptyn news.

T

Closed Thread