Closed Thread
Page 52 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: Kiptyn - Bachelorette 5

Re: Kiptyn - Bachelorette 5

kiptyn is such a sweety I hope he stays in the real world

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by lisamill36;3651679;
    I dont think you will be watching, sorry. Im told it was offered to Reid who will probably decline and Jake will be asked next. Most likely will be seeing Jake
    I appreciate your posts, lisamill, but Fleiss himself even said that Kiptyn was in the running.

Personally, I'd rather see Kip than Jake. Jake is too fake, too cheesy. Not sure I will watch if Jake is the next Bach.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorfan2008;3651743;
    I appreciate your posts, lisamill, but Fleiss himself even said that Kiptyn was in the running.

Personally, I'd rather see Kip than Jake. Jake is too fake, too cheesy. Not sure I will watch if Jake is the next Bach.
    Totally agree, would not watch cheeseball Jake. There's just something sooo phony about him and Reid is too wishy, washy/boring. I think Kiptyn has the universal appeal, for old and new viewers and could definately cause a catfight or two in the house, lol, you know Fleiss and the drama factor

Quote Originally Posted by pepperpat;3651750;
    Totally agree, would not watch cheeseball Jake. There's just something sooo phony about him and Reid is too wishy, washy/boring. I think Kiptyn has the universal appeal, for old and new viewers and could definately cause a catfight or two in the house, lol, you know Fleiss and the drama factor
    I agree 100% with your post. Kiptyn would have more over-all appeal to the viewing audience....only negative thing I heard all season was that he LOOKED like he was a bad kisser, I never saw that but just how does a good kisser look?? outside of tv kissing, which is fake, I've never watched people kiss before, outside of the Bach LOL unless your on the receiving end, I don't think a person can go by the looks of it..... and Jillian sure didn't seem to mind locking lips with him

Maybe I should go to CA and tell him I'm doing some research for FORT and I need to conduct an experiment
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Re: Reid - Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by dixiechick80;3651558;
    I don't recall his saying that. Guess I will have to listen to it again! If he is not managing it, wonder where the pictures from Australia were obtained? Are they posted elsewhere?

Speaking of AJ's interview, one comment I did find curious (although I understand the mootness of the point) is when Kiptyn related that Jillian had told him the night of the LCD that the next day (FRC) was as much about his decision as it was hers. What do you all make of that?
    It was near the end where the DJs said they liked it that he wasn't a famew***e and that it was obvious good things came to him without him having to chase opportunities.

From a marketing standpoint - you have to examine multiple touchpoints. Yes, Reid led on the ABC site but in all the others of note, Kip was the preferred choice of viewers as well as in search and Twitter data.

For all we know, Kip may have expressed no interest during filming or refused to play their games. It appears that they might want someone that they can bend more to their will (Jake) or someone who provides them with dramatic changes of heart and uncertainty (Reid). However, by giving Kip his perfect edit to the very end ,this left their mainstream audience clamoring for more as evidenced by the polling on People, TV Guide, Extra and his popularity on Twitter - even more so now after the whole Ed blow up. It's a great win for Kip regardless.

In some ways, Jake is a perfect compromise in that he has great physical attributes that draw "eyeballs" to the screen and a hard luck story that appeals to a lot to the casual viewers of the show. And, while he isn't popular with hardcore folks here, many, many women in their key demo love him. He's had staying power over the course of the seaon. He's a marketer's dream. And, that's what it's all about at the end of the day for the network, selling those ad slots at the highest possible price point.
    Last edited by StanleyCupCanes; 08-09-2009 at 07:54 PM.

Kiptyn's newest tweet
    Kiptyn Witnessed first hand the strength of a united family and will power of an 88 yr old man to defy the medical norm. Inspired by 1 tough man.
    "People throw rocks at things that shine and life makes love look hard but my choice is you" -Bremily

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3651870;
    I agree 100% with your post. Kiptyn would have more over-all appeal to the viewing audience....only negative thing I heard all season was that he LOOKED like he was a bad kisser, I never saw that but just how does a good kisser look?? outside of tv kissing, which is fake, I've never watched people kiss before, outside of the Bach LOL unless your on the receiving end, I don't think a person can go by the looks of it..... and Jillian sure didn't seem to mind locking lips with him

Maybe I should go to CA and tell him I'm doing some research for FORT and I need to conduct an experiment
    Hah! Go for it, NV! You know, Kip took a lot of heat here at FORT for his kissing style all season, but Jillian kept saying how much she liked it, and kept going back for more. Not only that, if he's never had a girlfriend break up with him, I gotta believe he knows what he's doing. I'm thinking maybe Kip knows something we all don't, and I sure hate to be left out!

Do the research for us, NV, and report back, please?

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3651870;

Can I be your research assistant?
    I don't understand the "awkward kiss" either; the only reason I can think of is that the camera usually zoomed in on their kisses, maybe that's why it looked awkward?

Quote Originally Posted by Truelovealways;3652164;
    Kiptyn's newest tweet
    I wonder what that's about? His grandfather??
    I know some people think Kiptyn's boring/bland, but I think that was because he was cautious about what he had to do/say during the whole process, and moved kind of slowly emotion-wise. If people follow his tweet as faithfully as we do , all will agree he really is very sweet, positive, and insightful.
    <---------- I post so I can see more of him

Quote Originally Posted by pepperpat;3651750;
    I think he's real, but seems fake. And that would make for an absolutely snarktastic season.

Getting back to Kip, some haiku-love for him, too:

A fine specimen
    But what's even better, Kip,
    You're a fine person.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SDMOM;3652217;
    Can I be your research assistant?
    I don't understand the "awkward kiss" either; the only reason I can think of is that the camera usually zoomed in on their kisses, maybe that's why it looked awkward?

I wonder what that's about? His grandfather??
    I know some people think Kiptyn's boring/bland, but I think that was because he was cautious about what he had to do/say during the whole process, and moved kind of slowly emotion-wise. If people follow his tweet as faithfully as we do , all will agree he really is very sweet, positive, and insightful.
    I have to think that the bland comments were coming from people because of his edit. I mean, what we've learned about him post-show IRL is anything but bland, IMO. I think when someone is just a contestant (1 out of 25, or 30) we just get to see so little of who they really are. All we get to see is whatever storyline has been drawn out for them. But when they become the primary in their own show, more of their real personality is shown. This is what makes me conflicted about Kip being the next Bachelor. I would love to see more of the real him -- I think he would be one lead that wouldn't implode under pressure -- but I don't want his reputation sullied by any further dealings with Fleiss.

Nope, final vote, don't do the Bachelor, Kip. Stay away from Fleiss.

Closed Thread