Closed Thread
Page 48 of 76 FirstFirst ... 383940414243444546474849505152535455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Kiptyn - Bachelorette 5

Re: Kiptyn - Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by SDMOM;3645941;
    Didn't we hear that Jason had input in selecting the women for his season?
    Frankly, I have lost confidence on all the retreads for this show. Remember how people had said Jillian was so smart, strong, intelligent, blah blah blah, and look how she turned out now I am just happy to follow Kip's tweets, his charity events, and hopefully he will do the Amazing Race. Should we petition Kiptyn teaming up with Jesse for the Amazing Race, instead of the next Bachelor?
    I wish the guys could do Amazing Race, but it's on CBS and the show owns them for I think a year.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3646412;
    I wish the guys could do Amazing Race, but it's on CBS and the show owns them for I think a year.
    If not this year, then next year. And I wish other women (besides Jillian) would look beyond his physical appeal. Do the women on Twitter comment on anything besides his quantity (number of abs)? What about his intrinsic qualities that we have come to know, the ones that would still be there if he stopped going to the gym. Do they realize he is balding? Of course, that is sexy...so...let's see...

A couple of things I noticed that may prove to be a detriment as the Lead: he always brightened when Jillian complimented his appearance, which is an element that may be magnified with closer camera scrutiny to the point where he could come off as egotistical; the role of pursuer would be denied him, once again women would fawn all over him and he would be back in his self-admitted dating pattern. He could also be spun into Andy II who was also altruistic with charities, but with the new editors, the "hotness" of the lead would be played up - serial kisser, etc. - rather than any good works. Also, it would be very hard to KEEP IT REAL during the weeding process because you know they'll stack the deck with Hollywood Wannabes.

Please Kiptyn! DO NOT DO THE BACHELOR! It will come to no good.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

My point is that CBS can't say this is Kiptyn from ABC's The Bachelorette. That's promoting a rival's show.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3646464;
    My point is that CBS can't say this is Kiptyn from ABC's The Bachelorette. That's promoting a rival's show.
    I see your point and that is true. which is too bad because that is the one other Reality Show I could see him doing.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by SDMOM;3645941;
    Didn't we hear that Jason had input in selecting the women for his season?
    Frankly, I have lost confidence on all the retreads for this show. Remember how people had said Jillian was so smart, strong, intelligent, blah blah blah, and look how she turned out now I am just happy to follow Kip's tweets, his charity events, and hopefully he will do the Amazing Race. Should we petition Kiptyn teaming up with Jesse for the Amazing Race, instead of the next Bachelor?
    Yes, I believe when they thought Melissa was going to do it, they advanced pics and bios of the guys to her, too.

I was in no way advocating that Kip do TB but it sounds like he's definitely being considered along with Reid and Jake per the Fleiss ET article that came out today: 'The Bachelorette''s Exec Producer Weighs In on the Jillian & Ed Scandal

When the new season of "The Bachelor" premieres, look for either Reid Rosenthal, Kiptyn Locke or Pavelka to be handing out the red roses.
    I still think if he ropes them in to doing TB, it would be cool to have Kip and Reid be on together with 2 groups of women. It could keep some of the boredom and negativity from setting in as we wouldn't be hyperfocused on the lead. Plus, they could do the guy thing. Sdl said they are tweaking the show for the next edition but who knows what that means in Fleiss' world.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3646512;
    I still think if he ropes them in to doing TB, it would be cool to have Kip and Reid be on together with 2 groups of women. It could keep some of the boredom and negativity from setting in as we wouldn't be hyperfocused on the lead. Plus, they could do the guy thing. Sdl said they are tweaking the show for the next edition but who knows what that means in Fleiss' world.
    You know what I'd love about this set up? Scenes where they had Kiptyn and Reid get together and discussing what's going on. It'd be great to see them talk it out because IMO they have different perspectives and could learn from each other.

Unfortunately the format would probably be too unwieldy for an hour a week show. Plus let's face it, Fleiss would reach new lows milking it for drama. This quote from the ET Online article should give Kiptyn and Reid pause:

When asked if all the scandals on both "The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette" could hurt the show, Fleiss says, "What do you think? Booyah!"

Meaning it is really good for ratings.
    Just like sdl said, ABC is loving this.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3646512;
    Yes, I believe when they thought Melissa was going to do it, they advanced pics and bios of the guys to her, too.

I was in no way advocating that Kip do TB but it sounds like he's definitely being considered along with Reid and Jake per the Fleiss ET article that came out today: 'The Bachelorette''s Exec Producer Weighs In on the Jillian & Ed Scandal

They already did the 2 Bachelors with Byron's season. It would be a twist with having both guys stay, but it would be too much for them to control, I think.

atem, you're right, TAR is a CBS show, so I don't see Kiptyn doing it this year. If he can do the Big Brother next year... 24/7 of Kiptyn, yummy , but I don't think I will get anything done ...
    Too bad CBS has all the good shows.

Thank you SCC for the link. I don't want Kip to be the next Bachelor for the reasons you guys mentioned. In his radio interview, Kip said he has "questions", and he acknowledged that being the Lead will be different. The DJ's asked him about the drama at MTA, his answer was long hours of waiting for filming, plus lots of alcohol, created the drama. So, to me, it seems like he understands how the show works, but Fleiss is just way too evil!!

OT: it's good to know that Molly is finally going to move to Seattle. Even though I didn't really like her, I like to see another successful story from this show.
    <---------- I post so I can see more of him

now I'm smilingmomof4!!!! smilingmomof3's Avatar

I think Kip is a smart guy. He knows Jillian is a good person and he sees where she ended up at the end of all this. He knows Wes was completely misrepresented as well. He has to question why Ed was allowed to leave and return and have a computer?? This show is the antithesis of Kip. I used to love this show but now I see it's all about drama, scandal and $$. If a true love story does develop, TPTB certainly don't help it along. IMO doing this show is like selling your soul to the devil. (gosh, I think I need more coffee this morning. . .
    ***"It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages" - Nietzsche *** "A woman who strives to be equal to a man is lacking in ambition"***

FORT Fanatic

Funny how much more action there is on this message board after the show is over. Most people figured out what we all knew all along. Kiptyn is just a class act. Jillian listened to her father and made a huge mistake. And as for her saying she may have chosen Reid over Kip if he opened up more - I don't believe it - she is just saying that now to make Reid feel better. I really do think if her dad liked Kip best he would have been it. Too bad the girl didn't follow her heart. I do not believe for one minute she was more in love with Ed then Kip.

Closed Thread